+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rule changes for India: DEC'2018-Word of caution

Hippydash

Jan 17, 2020
Hi guys, I completed both ug and pg in Hindustan institution of technology and science (to be deemed University) I approached my college yesterday. They aware of Wes and asked me to fill academic request form but they say they will attest if I bring my certificate and consolidated Mark sheet and denying to enclose transcript in college envelope ..they advice me to simply put transcript in courier a4 envelope and ask me to post from nearest post office from college with University from address.
Dude actually even though I'm your junior from the same Hindustan "to be deemed" university, I too had applied for and got my transcripts this year itself. And by your inputs, I can say that you had it easier than us juniors. But I didn't apply for the WES accredition.

Firstly before applying and processing for transcripts, I had to fill up anapplication form mention the number of transcripts I wanted and pay for the total number of transcripts. FYI I paid RS 1000 for each transcript, and I had requested for 10 of those.
Along with this, I needed to temperately submit my original certificate, Consolidated marksheets and all 8semester marksheets since I did b.tech. My other friends gave their provisional certificate since they applied for transcript processing before convocation. Anyway, besides that, they told ME to take xerox copies set of the above mentioned documents, one set of copies for each number of transcripts needed to be processed PLUS an extra for office copy(which did not needed paying). Along with this now they made it compulsory to bring out our own green courier A4 cover for all the 10 universities I had to submit the transcripts to, btw I had to label each university name and address on the courier letter cover.

Then finally after two weeks they had completed the transcript processing with the CoE stamp and signature for all the pages of all the xerox copies, therby making it an official transcript copy. They made me verify if it was correctly organized and they kept all ten sets in the courier cover, but with the same stamp and signatures all over the tearable edges and on the university name label pasted on the courier letter cover, and nicely taping the tearable edges and all those regions with the CoE stamps. They had the extra Xerox copy set that they had also stamped but which they kept with them for official use.
They also gave me bach my original certificates and marksheets.

Then they told me to send the transcript to any post office since there wasn't one near to the university or by courier service such as blue dart or DHL. I chose the latter.
Now I'm waiting to receive my acceptance to any of the universities I have applied, So wish me luck!
But I would like to know more about the WES accredition for future puposes.

Hippydash

Jan 17, 2020
Thank you so much Bro..I exactly did what u said in your post and it worked.All my docs were accepted and currently waiting for evaluation report.
Dude actually even though I'm your junior from the same Hindustan "to be deemed" university, I too had applied for and got my transcripts this year itself. And by your inputs, I can say that you had it easier than us juniors. But I didn't apply for the WES accredition.

Firstly before applying and processing for transcripts, I had to fill up anapplication form mention the number of transcripts I wanted and pay for the total number of transcripts. FYI I paid RS 1000 for each transcript, and I had requested for 10 of those.
Along with this, I needed to temperately submit my original certificate, Consolidated marksheets and all 8semester marksheets since I did b.tech. My other friends gave their provisional certificate since they applied for transcript processing before convocation. Anyway, besides that, they told ME to take xerox copies set of the above mentioned documents, one set of copies for each number of transcripts needed to be processed PLUS an extra for office copy(which did not needed paying). Along with this now they made it compulsory to bring out our own green courier A4 cover for all the 10 universities I had to submit the transcripts to, btw I had to label each university name and address on the courier letter cover.

Then finally after two weeks they had completed the transcript processing with the CoE stamp and signature for all the pages of all the xerox copies, therby making it an official transcript copy. They made me verify if it was correctly organized and they kept all ten sets in the courier cover, but with the same stamp and signatures all over the tearable edges and on the university name label pasted on the courier letter cover, and nicely taping the tearable edges and all those regions with the CoE stamps. They had the extra Xerox copy set that they had also stamped but which they kept with them for official use.
They also gave me bach my original certificates and marksheets.

Then they told me to send the transcript to any post office since there wasn't one near to the university or by courier service such as blue dart or DHL. I chose the latter.
Now I'm waiting to receive my acceptance to any of the universities I have applied, So wish me luck!
But I would like to know more about the WES accredition for future puposes.

venkatreddy94

Jan 21, 2020
Hi Friends,

I have done my masters in USA and my Bachelors from India, Is is necessary that i have to send my Bachelors transcripts to get it evaluated or just Highest Degree evaluation is enough for ECA?.

Thanks

Arawind

Feb 29, 2020
Hi Jayanth,

I am also alumni of AIMA PGDM from Hyderabad. May I please get your mail ID so that I can reach you to discuss few queries regarding Canada express entry.

Or you can ping me through aru.vind007@gmail.com.

Thanks
Aravind Reddy

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi Friends,

I have done my masters in USA and my Bachelors from India, Is is necessary that i have to send my Bachelors transcripts to get it evaluated or just Highest Degree evaluation is enough for ECA?.

Thanks
You only need to get the masters evaluated (I was in a similar situation, with my masters from Singapore and bachelors from India - and only got the former evaluated). This will entitle you to the maximum points. I think that in certain cases, the accreditation body (I used WES) does ask for information about previous education as well - but I believe it should not be the case for a degree from the US.

As I recall, once you fill in information about your degree, WES will generate a checklist of the documents you need to provide.

All the best.

DiMil

Jun 28, 2018
WES want the first year marksheet from Pune university and our university since it doesn’t hold the exam doesn’t issue marksheets for first year. They are sent by individual colleges which conduct the exam. There’s no mention of first year marks on the consolidated marksheet for last year. Not sure what to do. I tried ICAS too even they wouldn’t accept college issued marksheets

Sharan12345

Mar 25, 2021
Ok I just came from my college and i finally understood their limitations .

Even after filling academic request form, they wont give me any transcripts and when i asked why, they said my consolidation mark-sheet represent as transcript, which makes sense.

BUT, they don't provide official envelope (like from registerer). So now they simply suggested me to bring courier cover and Controller of examination will attest my consolidated mark-sheet, degree certificate and stamp the courier cover. "From address" on courier cover titled as Controller of examination with college address.

When i said WES wont accept, he showed previous candidates trouble free process which are created in Jan. I am gone pay fees today and complete the process tomorrow.

Wish me Luck.
Hi
I am from the same university and want to apply for WES verification. Just want to ask you if you got accepted by WES by following the above mentioned procedure
Thanks
Sharan

Sharan12345

Mar 25, 2021
Hi jaydin

Myself sisira Ann. Ive done by B.Arch from HITS as well.Since i live in another state i was wondering if the college would send my transcripts to WES or do i have to go to the college and do it myself?If yes, whom do i meet in college regarding this?

Thank u
Sisira
Hi

So did you go to HITS for the transcripts? Coz I also have the same problem. I am staying in another state.

Sharan

Maumita Das

Aug 28, 2021
Thanks for replying CoolGuy26..
I heard somewhere that mailtranscripts has been banned by UPTU, btw how much time did it take? And how much did it cost you? Can you please msg me personally ?
Yeah nothing like that as I have applied through them recently and they sent my documents at the addresses I provided them. I sent them to my universities and I didn't even face any issues regarding my applications.

Sep 18, 2021
You can take help of a third party service provider MailTranscripts. They are a reliable transcript service provider. I applied for my wife transcript from IGNOU university for WES evaluation. MailTranscripts team offers professional services. excellent follow-up and timely update on email.