+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rule changes for India: DEC'2018-Word of caution

itsdharam

Feb 26, 2019
Yes, they do reply to such verifications. Many graduates of University of Mumbai have received positive evaluations which indicates that MU does reply to such verification requests.

However, Government universities/colleges tend to reply via India Post instead of emails, thus increasing the process time for such evaluations.
Any tentative time you know, as in 1 month, 3 months ?
Also, can we do anything instead of just waiting ? You know anyone who faced this issue of second re-verification ?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Any tentative time you know, as in 1 month, 3 months ?
Also, can we do anything instead of just waiting ? You know anyone who faced this issue of second re-verification ?
You need to wait. Patience is a virtue. There is nothing you can do once you are this stage.

saisanju

Jun 3, 2019
Finally after my third attempt my docs were accepted.
Here's exactly what I did.

1) I had the sealed envelope containing the marksheets.
2) The envelope contained 7 individual semester marksheets out of 8, consolidated marksheet with 8 tables containing grades and CGPAs of all semesters and a copy of the back side of the consolidated marksheet, which basically explains why there are only 7 individual semester marksheets. (because after 8th semester we are given the consolidated marksheet which supersedes all previously given marksheets).
3) So total 9 papers inside the envelope. 7 individual marksheets, 1 consolidated marksheet and 1 explaining why 8th sem individual marksheet is not there.
4) All 9 were black and white xerox copies, NOT ORIGINALS. Each copy was attested and signed by Registrar.
5) I'm pretty sure individual semester marksheets are not required but i sent them anyway. If ur college doesn't give them its ok i think.
6) Envelope had the college logo and address in the front.
7) Envelope was sealed at the back with the stamp on the back flap.
8) My college is not on the autonomous list. They conduct their own exams.
7) My college is somewhere else and I live work in a different city. I didn't want to go all the way to college again to post docs to WES. So I just walked to a DTDC shop near my house.
8) DTDC guy gave 2 options : 2200/- (they only deliver it, 6 business days) and 2700/- (tie up with DHL, 3 business days)
9) I went with 2700/- option. My docs reached within 3 business days.
10) Don't put ur sealed envelope in any other courier's own envelope.
11) DTDC staples the shipping label (a paper with package details in it) to the envelope.
12) In the shipping label i wrote sender address exactly as "Registrar, Address of my college".
13) I was asked to sign on the shipping label. I found out the name of the Registrar and just signed as him and sent.
14) I had already sent my degree certificate so didn't include it this time.

This is it. Follow this and I don't see why ur docs will get rejected.
JNTU students, ANNA University students regularly do this as their colleges don't send docs.
Make sure u don't break the envelope seal. Don't tamper with envelope.
Don't put the sealed envelope in an other envelope.
Don't mention any personal details on the envelope or the shipping label and ull be fine.

I'm waiting for my evaluation report now. Will take 20 more days.

All the best!
Can you share how you got the Registrar details? and the address should be anna university address right? What abt the signature? Is this method still working ?

saisanju

Jun 3, 2019
I have sent my documents and WES has received it. However, the status now is put as "ON HOLD" and they need a secondary verification with the reason as below:
"Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Mumbai. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution."

Does Mumbai university even responds to such verification ?? Has anyone faced this ?

Can you share how you sent your documents to Wes ? kindly say step by step procedure you followed. so that it will be easy to figure out where it went wrong.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Can you share how you sent your documents to Wes ? kindly say step by step procedure you followed. so that it will be easy to figure out where it went wrong.
Follow the "Required Document" section of your WES account. Nothing extra needed to be done.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Ty Ji, I didn't ask how I should do the process, I am asking him y he got the second verification. Need to cross verify that
It's very common for Indian degrees getting secondary verification especially from those universities whose many degrees have been found to be forged like Himalayan University, PTU and etc..

VishalPK

Jun 12, 2019
Hi N
I am not clear by what you mean by transcript by University. MU doesnt issue transcripts, the college does.

What i know till now is that i need to go to Mumbai University office at Churchgate (NOT Kalina) to get all marksheets attested. Is that correct?

I happen to speak to a clerk at MU, Churchgate yestersay who said that they will attest all my college marksheet copies (All 3 years years), degree & convocation.
Also, they will attest my College issued transcript which will also be added into the Mumbai University envelope which i will need to courier in their name with WES reference number from DHL churchgate.

I need suggestions if this process sounds the right way to do this to the members here.
Hi Nikhil,

Have you been able to send across the documents from Mumbai University to WES and have you received any updates from WES?
I too am from MU, and would be starting entire process in the coming week. Thanks a lot for your help buddy.

DiMil

Jun 28, 2018
Hi everyone
I have faced the same issue.
My first year BSc (Comp Sci) examination was conducted by the college hence the transcript for the first year was send through college in a stamped and sealed envelope. For rest of the two years transcripts were sent by university of Pune. WES accepted the transcripts sent by the university but they won’t accept the transcript from college since it’s not autonomous. Did anyone find solution to this issue. What should I do? My admission for September intake is on hold because of this.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019
Hi guys, I completed both ug and pg in Hindustan institution of technology and science (to be deemed University) I approached my college yesterday. They aware of Wes and asked me to fill academic request form but they say they will attest if I bring my certificate and consolidated Mark sheet and denying to enclose transcript in college envelope ..they advice me to simply put transcript in courier a4 envelope and ask me to post from nearest post office from college with University from address.
Hi jaydin

Myself sisira Ann. Ive done by B.Arch from HITS as well.Since i live in another state i was wondering if the college would send my transcripts to WES or do i have to go to the college and do it myself?If yes, whom do i meet in college regarding this?

Thank u
Sisira

sajo24

Aug 26, 2019

2) The envelope contained 7 individual semester marksheets out of 8, consolidated marksheet with 8 tables containing grades and CGPAs of all semesters and a copy of the back side of the consolidated marksheet, which basically explains why there are only 7 individual semester marksheets. (because after 8th semester we are given the consolidated marksheet which supersedes all previously given marksheets).
3) So total 9 papers inside the envelope. 7 individual marksheets, 1 consolidated marksheet and 1 explaining why 8th sem individual marksheet is not there.
4) All 9 were black and white xerox copies, NOT ORIGINALS. Each copy was attested and signed by Registrar.
5) I'm pretty sure individual semester marksheets are not required but i sent them anyway. If ur college doesn't give them its ok i think.
7) My college is somewhere else and I live work in a different city. I didn't want to go all the way to college again to post docs to WES. So I just walked to a DTDC shop near my house.
8) DTDC guy gave 2 options : 2200/- (they only deliver it, 6 business days) and 2700/- (tie up with DHL, 3 business days)
11) DTDC staples the shipping label (a paper with package details in it) to the envelope.
12) In the shipping label i wrote sender address exactly as "Registrar, Address of my college".
13) I was asked to sign on the shipping label. I found out the name of the Registrar and just signed as him and sent.

JNTU students, ANNA University students regularly do this as their colleges don't send docs.
Don't mention any personal details on the envelope or the shipping label and ull be fine.

All the best!
Hi, my university sent directly but WES isn't accepting Statement of Marks as India Post had put their details when shipping on the envelope. I've asked University to send a new set of transcripts and ask Courier to have a top cover on the sealed envelope so that nothing is scribbled on the envelope making it invalid again. I'm scared same thing is going to repeat.

jayanth429

Jul 1, 2019

All the best!

Thank you so much Bro..I exactly did what u said in your post and it worked.All my docs were accepted and currently waiting for evaluation report.