+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rule changes for India: DEC'2018-Word of caution

shashipandeyy

Aug 29, 2017
UPTU Posted my transcripts to Wes on 05 March via speed Post and till now it's not delivered.. they told they can't send it by DHL or any private courier
Are you sure that UPTU sent it for you? I heard they don't send it abroad. If they have started sending it then that would be awesome!!

foggy_glasses

Dec 12, 2018
Are you sure that UPTU sent it for you? I heard they don't send it abroad. If they have started sending it then that would be awesome!!
Woah.. they send it themselves? That's a first. The likelihood of Universities having a post office within their campus is a rare thing in the first place. My university (Pondicherry University) also has a post office in it but the university doesn't send it - we have to do it ourselves.

Tousif_27

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
[QUOTE"CoolGuy26, post: 7690164, member: 836451"]University will only send the marksheets and WES will never accept anything using FAX. Degree you have to send separately.[/QUOTE]
You can fax the degree there is no need to send it via courier

Kiran9999

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hi guys, does the university is required to send the attested degrees also or just the transcripts? The new rules suggests that they send the degrees too. Need help

kluthra

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Hi I recently sent my masters degree from amity and bachelor's degree from Kurukshetra university to wes in jan 2019.
For my masters I did not send the attested degree, as they were asking for 1000 bucks extra, also they told me in some cases degree comes back for reverification if not attested,
nonetheless I took the risk and only sent my attested marksheets.
But for my bachelor's I did send the attested degree.
Both my documents were accepted and I received my eca in 15 days from the date of all documents being received by wes.

So in my opinion its a matter of your choice.
It's not mentioned anywhere on the wes website to send the attested degrees.

https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

Nikhil1010

Apr 26, 2019
I am from Mumbai & sending my 3 year fulltime BMS (Bachelor in Management Studies) degree from SIES college (Nerul, Navi Mumbai) for WES evaluation (Canada Immigration purpose).
I passed out in the year 2008.

Kindly guide me for the following steps & correct me before i courier the documents:

year 1 and 2 mark sheets of Sies (Nerul) and transcripts from college attested & dated by Principal..in a sealed envelope.

Year 3 Mumbai university mark sheet+degree certificate+ convocation+ College issued year 3 transcript, all attested and dated from Mumbai university student welfare office in Churchgate.-- sealed envelope 2.

I will then put sealed BMS envelope 1 AND the Mumbai University sealed envelope 2 (containing only 3rd Year documents as mentioned above in this) INTO a BIG ENVELOPE 3 and courier it from Churchgate courier service.

Done

Doubts:
1) Further to WES December 2018 rule:
Is it ok if i add Sies Nerul BMS degree in the bigger envelope with the Mumbai University sealed envelope together in a bigger envelope 3 OR does it need to be couriered from a courier service in and around SIES nerul, Navi Mumbai separately and the year 3 documents attested by Mumbai University from Churchgate separate?

2) Do i need to get anything done from Mumbai University Kalina or just attestation of document copies at Churchgate is enough for Immigration to Canada.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Gwaine

Feb 14, 2019
I am from Mumbai & sending my 3 year fulltime BMS (Bachelor in Management Studies) degree from SIES college (Nerul, Navi Mumbai) for WES evaluation (Canada Immigration purpose).
I passed out in the year 2008.

Kindly guide me for the following steps & correct me before i courier the documents:

year 1 and 2 mark sheets of Sies (Nerul) and transcripts from college attested & dated by Principal..in a sealed envelope.

Year 3 Mumbai university mark sheet+degree certificate+ convocation+ College issued year 3 transcript, all attested and dated from Mumbai university student welfare office in Churchgate.-- sealed envelope 2.

I will then put sealed BMS envelope 1 AND the Mumbai University sealed envelope 2 (containing only 3rd Year documents as mentioned above in this) INTO a BIG ENVELOPE 3 and courier it from Churchgate courier service.

Done

Doubts:
1) Further to WES December 2018 rule:
Is it ok if i add Sies Nerul BMS degree in the bigger envelope with the Mumbai University sealed envelope together in a bigger envelope 3 OR does it need to be couriered from a courier service in and around SIES nerul, Navi Mumbai separately and the year 3 documents attested by Mumbai University from Churchgate separate?

2) Do i need to get anything done from Mumbai University Kalina or just attestation of document copies at Churchgate is enough for Immigration to Canada.

Thanks!
You just have to get one transcript from Mumbai University and courier it from the nearest post office from the university. I believe your college is affiliated to MU.

If you will mix multiple documents from different sources in one, WES will reject it. Just get one transcript for your BMS from your university and courier it. Don`t mention your name as sender. Just mention Registrar or the concerned department when you courier it. and if your university can courier your transcript to WES then that also fine.

Gwaine

Feb 14, 2019
You just have to get one transcript from Mumbai University and courier it from the nearest post office from the university. I believe your college is affiliated to MU.

If you will mix multiple documents from different sources in one, WES will reject it. Just get one transcript for your BMS from your university and courier it. Don`t mention your name as sender. Just mention Registrar or the concerned department when you courier it. and if your university can courier your transcript to WES then that also fine.
And You can send your degree scanned copy to WES on your own separately. It does not need attestation. Just a normal copy of degree will be fine.

Nikhil1010

Apr 26, 2019

I am not clear by what you mean by transcript by University. MU doesnt issue transcripts, the college does.

What i know till now is that i need to go to Mumbai University office at Churchgate (NOT Kalina) to get all marksheets attested. Is that correct?

I happen to speak to a clerk at MU, Churchgate yestersay who said that they will attest all my college marksheet copies (All 3 years years), degree & convocation.
Also, they will attest my College issued transcript which will also be added into the Mumbai University envelope which i will need to courier in their name with WES reference number from DHL churchgate.

I need suggestions if this process sounds the right way to do this to the members here.

itsdharam

Feb 26, 2019
I have sent my documents and WES has received it. However, the status now is put as "ON HOLD" and they need a secondary verification with the reason as below:
"Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Mumbai. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution."

Does Mumbai university even responds to such verification ?? Has anyone faced this ?

leolavi999

Dec 3, 2018
Has anyone tried mail.transcript post the process change? Are they reliable? can they pull off the task of asking universities send the transcript to WES directly?

I am in the process of ECA and have to go through a 3rd party route as I am not in India.

Please suggest.

TIA!

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I have sent my documents and WES has received it. However, the status now is put as "ON HOLD" and they need a secondary verification with the reason as below:
"Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Mumbai. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution."

Does Mumbai university even responds to such verification ?? Has anyone faced this ?
Yes, they do reply to such verifications. Many graduates of University of Mumbai have received positive evaluations which indicates that MU does reply to such verification requests.

However, Government universities/colleges tend to reply via India Post instead of emails, thus increasing the process time for such evaluations.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Has anyone tried mail.transcript post the process change? Are they reliable? can they pull off the task of asking universities send the transcript to WES directly?

I am in the process of ECA and have to go through a 3rd party route as I am not in India.

Please suggest.

TIA!
Please don't use third party services such as mailtranscript, documents sent via mailtranscript will be rejected by WES as WES requires the universities to directly send the transcripts.

leolavi999

Dec 3, 2018
Please don't use third party services such as mailtranscript, documents sent via mailtranscript will be rejected by WES as WES requires the universities to directly send the transcripts.
Thanks for the revert, I am in Canada and 3 universities to follow, not sure how to tackle this ECA...

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks for the revert, I am in Canada and 3 universities to follow, not sure how to tackle this ECA...
You should contact those universities via email or phone and ask them the process for issuance and mail of transcripts if you are not in your country.

A lot of universities have online portals to help students with the issuance of transcripts and degree copies. Ask them for that.