+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rule changes for India: DEC'2018-Word of caution

Vroom

Mar 17, 2019
Hi
UPTU Posted my transcripts to Wes on 05 March via speed Post and till now it's not delivered.. they told they can't send it by DHL or any private courier
Hi, How did you get it sent from UPTU? Does UPTU has started any new process of sending it directly to WES, Canada? Actually, I received sealed transcript envelope from UPTU university at my home address. Kindly let me know if there are any alternate options available apart from personally travelling to university campus in lucknow?

IeltsDream2019

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hi

Hi, How did you get it sent from UPTU? Does UPTU has started any new process of sending it directly to WES, Canada? Actually, I received sealed transcript envelope from UPTU university at my home address. Kindly let me know if there are any alternate options available apart from personally travelling to university campus in lucknow?
There is no option other than posting from Lucknow. If there is someone present in Lucknow, he can go to UPTU campus and post the envelope from the campus post office. Mention that you need to send it on behalf of registrar and they will do it.
Don't post the envelope from any where else or it will be rejected, I faced similar situation.
I had to travel to Lucknow for this :(

IeltsDream2019

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
generally speed post international take almost 25 days around. So just a few more days patience.
Mine just got delivered today, they have received my bachelor's transcripts earlier and now they sent it for secondary verification to Lucknow University. Did you graduate from there as well?

CoolGuy26

Jan 24, 2019
Mine just got delivered today, they have received my bachelor's transcripts earlier and now they sent it for secondary verification to Lucknow University. Did you graduate from there as well?
No, I pursued graduation from UPTU university, but collage was at different location.

Vroom

Mar 17, 2019
There is no option other than posting from Lucknow. If there is someone present in Lucknow, he can go to UPTU campus and post the envelope from the campus post office. Mention that you need to send it on behalf of registrar and they will do it.
Don't post the envelope from any where else or it will be rejected, I faced similar situation.
I had to travel to Lucknow for this :(
Noted with Thanks ...Believe i also need to travel for this soon..

aashish21

Mar 21, 2019
No, I pursued graduation from UPTU university, but collage was at different location.
HEY
can you confirm if we can send the degree certificate by fax or not
also kindly confirm if university can send both docs(degree certificate and transcript) or they are to be couriered separately, degree cert by me and transcript by university

CoolGuy26

Jan 24, 2019
HEY
can you confirm if we can send the degree certificate by fax or not
also kindly confirm if university can send both docs(degree certificate and transcript) or they are to be couriered separately, degree cert by me and transcript by university
University will only send the marksheets and WES will never accept anything using FAX. Degree you have to send separately.

itsdharam

Feb 26, 2019
Hi Guys,

My "Statement of Marks" documents got rejected by WES, reason given was the new rule announced in December 2018 saying those documents should be sent directly by university.

I visited the Mumbai University office in Churchgate, they (Mumbai University) are denying to send the documents directly to WES Canada, what to do now ??

Anyone did this process from Mumbai University, recently ???

foggy_glasses

Dec 12, 2018
The same happened with me. My University ran out of envelopes this time. So I had to buy my own cover on which they stamped and signed. I spoke with the registrar and he stamped on the front side of the envelope as well. Now all that remains is to send them to WES without putting them in another envelope.

I'll send the envelope shortly and hopefully it gets accepted this time :rolleyes:
After quite a wait, my documents were accepted! :) So what I learnt is, don't enclose your envelope in another one (which the courier does by default unless asked to). It's good to have the Registrar's seal with the college address on the front of the envelope as well.

foggy_glasses

Dec 12, 2018
Hi Guys,

My "Statement of Marks" documents got rejected by WES, reason given was the new rule announced in December 2018 saying those documents should be sent directly by university.

I visited the Mumbai University office in Churchgate, they (Mumbai University) are denying to send the documents directly to WES Canada, what to do now ??

Anyone did this process from Mumbai University, recently ???
There are several posts here in this forum detailing what you should do. The university won't be sending the documents themselves.

Get your transcripts in an envelope, seal them with paste and get the proper seals on the flaps. Then get your Registrar to affix his seal on the front and paste your "To" address on the front of the envelope. Then send it through any courier but make the From address as "Registrar, Mumbai University". Do make sure your envelope is sent as it is - don't put it inside any other cover/envelope.

itsdharam

Feb 26, 2019
There are several posts here in this forum detailing what you should do. The university won't be sending the documents themselves.

Get your transcripts in an envelope, seal them with paste and get the proper seals on the flaps. Then get your Registrar to affix his seal on the front and paste your "To" address on the front of the envelope. Then send it through any courier but make the From address as "Registrar, Mumbai University". Do make sure your envelope is sent as it is - don't put it inside any other cover/envelope.
Thanks for the reply.

I did get all the necessary stamps including the flap of the envelope. I then sent that through Speed Post.

Where can I get Registrar's seal on the envelope ?
Did you visit Churchgate, Mumbai University office ? Where did you send your envelope from ?

foggy_glasses

Dec 12, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

I did get all the necessary stamps including the flap of the envelope. I then sent that through Speed Post.

Where can I get Registrar's seal on the envelope ?
Did you visit Churchgate, Mumbai University office ? Where did you send your envelope from ?
Since you've already sent it, I guess there's nothing to do about it.

On the Registrar's seal, you'll have to approach your Registrar or Assistant Registrar.

No, I didn't visit the Mumbai University as my college is affiliated to Pondicherry University. I sent my envelope through DHL from Chennai.