+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rule changes for India: DEC'2018-Word of caution

rankris

Oct 21, 2014
In https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/who.html it says
Which credentials to get assessed
In most cases, you only need an assessment for your highest level of education.

For example, if you have a Master’s degree, you only need an assessment for that degree. You don’t need one for your Bachelor’s degree.

My spouse has done 3 year degree and then a 3 year Msc, should I get bot evaluvated, and with the new rule how am I going to force multiple universities to force send the sealed envolope ro them , confused :()

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-for-b-tech-jntu-hyderabad-fsw2014.227478/page-8#post-7523543

look at this post. there are people from JNTU Hyd who sent the docs themselves and they have confirmed to me that their docs were accepted.
basically they took the sealed transcript to some nearby DHL / Fedex and in the sender address they gave "Registrar, JNTU" and signed off as the registrar of the college (whatever his/her name is) and WES accepted it.

I have also done the same, through DTDC. they didn't ask me for my ID or anything. they let me write whatever i wanted to. Awaiting WES' response...

foggy_glasses

Dec 12, 2018
After going through the several replies here and on another thread, I had sent my transcript of my statement of marks to WES via FedEx (Dec 2018) with the sender as my University address. However, after a month and a half evaluating it, I got the update from WES that they find the transcripts not directly sent by the Institution.

I'm not sure if they do an additional verification by emailing the University as they don't provide any other reason. I have raised a query to them. I don't have my hopes up after reading the way WES treats to queries, but would like to see through it anyway.

I believe the sender should include the name Registrar or Controller of Examinations or something similar. I'll keep posted on how it goes.

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019
After going through the several replies here and on another thread, I had sent my transcript of my statement of marks to WES via FedEx (Dec 2018) with the sender as my University address. However, after a month and a half evaluating it, I got the update from WES that they find the transcripts not directly sent by the Institution.

I'm not sure if they do an additional verification by emailing the University as they don't provide any other reason. I have raised a query to them. I don't have my hopes up after reading the way WES treats to queries, but would like to see through it anyway.

I believe the sender should include the name Registrar or Controller of Examinations or something similar. I'll keep posted on how it goes.
Did you include the name in the FROM address, like "Registrar, Address of College" or did you just say "Address of College"?
Also did you Fedex it from the same town / city as your college?

foggy_glasses

Dec 12, 2018
Did you include the name in the FROM address, like "Registrar, Address of College" or did you just say "Address of College"?
Also did you Fedex it from the same town / city as your college?
I included only the Address of the University - I didn't include the name "Registrar".

And no, I didn't FedEx it from the same town. A third party who does bulk shipping offered to ship at a good discount compared to going to FedEx directly. I trust him since I have sent documents for my relatives previously. So, I got him to make the Sender as the University address on the FedEx challan (slip) as well.

Gwaine

Feb 14, 2019

so currently they put your status on hold?? Did they told you to send the transcripts by university?

foggy_glasses

Dec 12, 2018
No.. not on hold. But the statement of marks is marked as "Not Accepted" whilst the the overall status is changed to "Waiting for Documents"

Yeah, they mentioned the usual stuff - to ask the University to send the transcripts.

Dinesh90

Feb 2, 2019
Surrey, BC
App. Filed.......
12-10-22
Doc's Request.
12-10-22
AOR Received.
24-10-2022
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-for-b-tech-jntu-hyderabad-fsw2014.227478/page-8#post-7523543

look at this post. there are people from JNTU Hyd who sent the docs themselves and they have confirmed to me that their docs were accepted.
basically they took the sealed transcript to some nearby DHL / Fedex and in the sender address they gave "Registrar, JNTU" and signed off as the registrar of the college (whatever his/her name is) and WES accepted it.

I have also done the same, through DTDC. they didn't ask me for my ID or anything. they let me write whatever i wanted to. Awaiting WES' response...
Where exactly it should be signed?

foggy_glasses

Dec 12, 2018
I got to speak with WES customer care and I got a promising answer. Basically, whatever envelope or cover WES receives should be signed and sealed with the sender as the Registrar from the University. When you send via FedEx or DHL or any other shipping partner, they would put your envelope in sealed pouch. This outer pouch/envelope doesn't have the seal or sign of the university and hence WES considers it to be sent by a third party.

On hearing this I felt that it was stupid in a sense but at the same time I can't really argue with the other party (with me on an ISD call from my phone). So if you are putting it in any other envelope, just make sure that University's seal and signature are on it as well. OR you can just send the original envelope as it is.

Well, treat this with a pinch of salt. I'm going to proceed ahead to send the envelope as it is this time without putting it in any other pouch. Hopefully it will get through.

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019
I got to speak with WES customer care and I got a promising answer. Basically, whatever envelope or cover WES receives should be signed and sealed with the sender as the Registrar from the University. When you send via FedEx or DHL or any other shipping partner, they would put your envelope in sealed pouch. This outer pouch/envelope doesn't have the seal or sign of the university and hence WES considers it to be sent by a third party.

On hearing this I felt that it was stupid in a sense but at the same time I can't really argue with the other party (with me on an ISD call from my phone). So if you are putting it in any other envelope, just make sure that University's seal and signature are on it as well. OR you can just send the original envelope as it is.

Well, treat this with a pinch of salt. I'm going to proceed ahead to send the envelope as it is this time without putting it in any other pouch. Hopefully it will get through.
I had also called WES a few weeks ago but didn't get a response anywhere near this.
It's hard for me to believe that they check for the seal on the Fedex/DHL envelope instead the college envelope to decide who sent it.
I hope this is true as this time luckily I have directly sent the envelope I received from college and didn't put it in any external envelope.
The DTDC guy stapled the shipping paper directly to this envelope. I have written the sender as "Registrar, Address of College".
Let's see what happens. I'll update as soon as i know something. Hoping that third time's the charm.

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019
Where exactly it should be signed?
if the courier fellas ask u to sign then sign somewhere on the shipping paper then sign as "name of ur registrar", else do nothing.
i'm not claiming that this guarantees WES acceptance. It is just what I have done after talking to JNTU people who have done the same and somehow got their docs accepted.
i'm still awaiting an update from WES.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
WES has a list of recognized colleges in different countries. But the IQAS website doesn’t exactly indicate that. Is anyone aware of any such list from IQAS?

HimanshiB

Feb 4, 2019
thats

Thats a good way to solve the problem, what if the university finds it out that the chotus in there university are doing such things or what if WES during verification contacts the university to check if the university has posted the documents directly or not. Then what ?
I did the same. Got my transcript sent by someone at the university from the university post office, but still it got rejected stating the same reason that they have not been sent direct;y by the university. MDU has refused to send it internationally. Now i dont know what to do.

Gwaine

Feb 14, 2019
I did the same. Got my transcript sent by someone at the university from the university post office, but still it got rejected stating the same reason that they have not been sent direct;y by the university. MDU has refused to send it internationally. Now i dont know what to do.
Did you sent the documents mentioned Registrar in the From field??