+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES result - Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester)

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Guys, here is a reply from WES regarding Completion of college level certificate (one semester) and omission of credentials from the credential summary (though it won't have any affect). You can tell WES to fix it and they will.

"Dear Mr. UDDIN,

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.

We have included the college certificate (one year) in the summary. Please note that under Canadian Immigration regulations college certificate (one semester) does not earn any CIC points. As such, we do not include this equivalency in the summary.

We regret our omission of your college certificate (one year) in the summary in our original report.

We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization.

Sincerely,

Director of Evaluations"

Hope this make everything clear that Completion of college level certificate (one semester) credential won't give any points.
Thanks

Reactions: mouserat

hadiyawar

Jun 6, 2016
NOC Code......
Guys, here is a reply from WES regarding Completion of college level certificate (one semester) and omission of credentials from the credential summary (though it won't have any affect). You can tell WES to fix it and they will.

"Dear Mr. UDDIN,

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.

We have included the college certificate (one year) in the summary. Please note that under Canadian Immigration regulations college certificate (one semester) does not earn any CIC points. As such, we do not include this equivalency in the summary.

We regret our omission of your college certificate (one year) in the summary in our original report.

We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization.

Sincerely,

Director of Evaluations"

Hope this make everything clear that Completion of college level certificate (one semester) credential won't give any points.
Thanks
where did you email them?
so what should I do now? Should I not put it under 'one year'? or not at all?

mkad

Dec 22, 2017
Hi All,
I am facing similar issue regarding BTEC, appreciate your feedback.
Following are the results as per evaluated by WES, should I list them all in Express Entry application or only the highest qualification?

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential: Bachelor of Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential: BTEC Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
Canadian Equivalency: College-level postgraduate certificate (one semester)

3. Credential: Master of Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

If I need to list them all in the Education section of EE application, what should I fill for the Level of Education regarding the second credential mentioning ‘One Semester’ as this option is not listed; shall I select ‘One year program at a university, college..’?

Thank you

modibitar1

Feb 26, 2018
Hi All,
I am facing similar issue regarding BTEC, appreciate your feedback.
Following are the results as per evaluated by WES, should I list them all in Express Entry application or only the highest qualification?

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential: Bachelor of Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2. Credential: BTEC Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
Canadian Equivalency: College-level postgraduate certificate (one semester)

3. Credential: Master of Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

If I need to list them all in the Education section of EE application, what should I fill for the Level of Education regarding the second credential mentioning ‘One Semester’ as this option is not listed; shall I select ‘One year program at a university, college..’?

Thank you

Hi Mkad,

Was the BTEC level 7 the diploma or the extended diploma ? I intend to go for the Extended Diploma level 7 , extending the same logic that will be considered as College-level postgraduate certificate (one year).

Thanks in advance

Jul 29, 2017
Hi Mkad,

Was the BTEC level 7 the diploma or the extended diploma ? I intend to go for the Extended Diploma level 7 , extending the same logic that will be considered as College-level postgraduate certificate (one year).

Thanks in advance
What's the difference between BTEC level 7 the diploma or the extended diploma ?
The institute where I am taking this course informed me that this is an extended diploma.

Penthan

Sep 21, 2017
If BTEC Level 7 Diploma is graded as one semester college level post graduate, What will BTEC LEvel 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Ledership be graded as then?

modibitar1

Feb 26, 2018
If BTEC Level 7 Diploma is graded as one semester college level post graduate, What will BTEC LEvel 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Ledership be graded as then?
Not sure what it will credited ! but almost sure that any thing below BTEC level 7 diploma would not add points.

Vineet Laroia

Aug 6, 2018
Hi Guys!!! New here....got my WES assessment tdy... Summary says : Bachelor's degree( 3 years)... However one other credential assessed as Canadian college level certificate ( 1 year).... However same is not mentioned in the Summary on the top....can I claim points for " 2 or more degrees certificate....."...TIA...Vineet.

modibitar1

Feb 26, 2018
Hi Guys!!! New here....got my WES assessment tdy... Summary says : Bachelor's degree( 3 years)... However one other credential assessed as Canadian college level certificate ( 1 year).... However same is not mentioned in the Summary on the top....can I claim points for " 2 or more degrees certificate....."...TIA...Vineet.
I have seen similar cases to yours, they were able to claim points for both qualification, you can ask the assessor to re amend the certificate for you. what is the diploma that you have taken ? and what is your bachelor degree?

Vineet Laroia

Aug 6, 2018
Thanks a lot for your reply.....

I have done Bachelor's of Commerce,,which has been assessed as " Bachelor's Degree ( 3 years)..... And DOEACC " A " level.....which has been asssed as " completion of college level certificate ( One year)...my only apprehension was that in the Canadian Equivalency Summary on the top , it just says " Bachelor's Degree'.....
I have seen similar cases to yours, they were able to claim points for both qualification, you can ask the assessor to re amend the certificate for you. what is the diploma that you have taken ? and what is your bachelor degree?

psy347

Aug 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

Just in the process of setting up an Express Entry profile,

I recently had my BTEC National Award Certificate (it was a full time one year Business course) verified through WES and the result of Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester) was sent. Does this mean I can put down 'One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute' on my application? It's my only post secondary qualification currently so id be lacking on points if I'm unable to.

Also does skilled work experience in Canada also count general skilled work experience?

Alex
You may not be able to put as one-year certificate. However, ask WES what is there definition of one semester because if it is around 8 months you may be able to claim completion of one year certificate. Yes skilled work experience in Canada gives you additional points in work experience category.

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Hey mate. It is better to ask WES to put both the credentials in the summary section. They did the same mistake with me. Upon asking, they have fixed the problem. But, it will not make any difference. Because, when you fill up the Express entry profile, you will be choosing credentials individually, and the system will automatically score you 2 or more degrees point. For peace of mind and no harm in asking them to fix it.

Follow this: fill up the inquiry form and tell them about it; wait for 2-3 days; if they dont reply; post it on their fb page; they will take action immediately;

sangeshmishra3

Aug 31, 2018
Hey mate. It is better to ask WES to put both the credentials in the summary section. They did the same mistake with me. Upon asking, they have fixed the problem. But, it will not make any difference. Because, when you fill up the Express entry profile, you will be choosing credentials individually, and the system will automatically score you 2 or more degrees point. For peace of mind and no harm in asking them to fix it.

Follow this: fill up the inquiry form and tell them about it; wait for 2-3 days; if they dont reply; post it on their fb page; they will take action immediately;
Did they accept ur one semester certificate? where you able to claim points for 2 or more certificate?