+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES result - Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester)

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
ok, thats not a course which would go as one year in canada, unfortunately you will have to do a diploma either full time or distance education which is equivalent to 1 year in canada. I doubt if you send diploma of project management to any other body like ICES or IQAS, there will be no change in the result.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hmm.. the course which i did was full time, 1 complete year. The major was project management.
does not matter if you did the course for 1 year full time or 2 years full time. It is not equal to one year in canada. unfortunately this is bitter truth. So do a distance diploma from UK with 120 credits or do a distance study which is equal to one year in canada.

Reactions: Wotsit

Monty_Carlo

Jan 23, 2020
Hello
I have a question. Can i choose the option for 2 or more certificates, degree or diploma as i have a bachelors degree and this outcome from wes which says completetion of college level certificate( 1 semseter)

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Hello
I have a question. Can i choose the option for 2 or more certificates, degree or diploma as i have a bachelors degree and this outcome from wes which says completetion of college level certificate( 1 semseter)
No you need at least a 3 year and a one year qualification.

peramjannu

Jan 28, 2020
Bro, after i put the credential accordingly what WES gave for my qualifications, the crs score awarded me with Two or more certi, diploma, degree point and I have consulted this with one of the most experienced seniors in this forum "legal falcon" as well.

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.
ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Note: Sections below refers to "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" & "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
ECA assessment results:
  • College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate
My credential is listed in the above section.
Hello md_uddin,
Did this option work out for you ?Did You get the PR ?Can you please let me know as i am also in the same boat?

keithrump

May 28, 2020
Hmm.. the course which i did was full time, 1 complete year. The major was project management.
I was exactly in the same situation. I tool one full year in project management and there's no way to make it equal in Canada. I didn't want to re-take a course so I've decided to do a distance study in marketing technologies...

Nisharg

Oct 4, 2020
Hello,

I did 3 years bachelor's degree and 2 years PG Diploma from INDIA.
I did show the same education at the time of Canada Student visa.

Plus i did 2 year Ontario college Diploma in Canada.

For two or more certificates, Which degrees i should apply for wes?

Sahil Anand

Oct 13, 2020
I got my ECA report today from WES which is as follows:-
Canadian equilancy is as follows:-
1. Bachelor's degree (three years)
2. Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester)
I have done B.com com from Delhi university and completed 1st group of CA-IPCC which is equivalent to ATC.
In my ECA, WES is considering my ATC certificate to Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester).
Now, can I opt for Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees (one must be for a program of three or more years) category in Express entry profile?
Please help!!!
Thank you.

QuinAby

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-2023
I have done B.com com from Delhi university and completed 1st group of CA-IPCC which is equivalent to ATC.
In my ECA, WES is considering my ATC certificate to Completion of a college-level certificate (one semester).
Now, can I opt for Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees (one must be for a program of three or more years) category in Express entry profile?
Please help!!!
Thank you.
You can opt for two or more degrees, according to a tweet by IRCC, since one of the program is 3 years and above, the duration of the other program does not matter so far it is completed, if you're not okay with the outcome of wes, there are other evaluating bodies to use...CES, ICES...
Many people i know of have gotten ppr with a wes evaluation of "one semester"...

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Please help!!!
Thank you.
As far as I know, clearly it is mentioned online, which outcomes are accepted in 2 or more certificates. (review page 1 of this thread)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

Unfortunately the 2nd outcome in the ECA should be equivalent to 1 year in Canada.

If you read this thread in detail, you'll see people have got declined.

Nisharg

Oct 4, 2020
Hello,

Can anyone help me in this ?

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,

Since IRCC already knows about your 2 Indian qualifications (study visa application) you cant hide any one of them now.

Do WES for both Indian qualifications. Also show your Ontario 2 year diploma and claim points for 2 or more certificates.

Nisharg

Oct 4, 2020
Since IRCC already knows about your 2 Indian qualifications (study visa application) you cant hide any one of them now.

Do WES for both Indian qualifications. Also show your Ontario 2 year diploma and claim points for 2 or more certificates.

First thank you for your response.

Reactions: mona247