WES Report

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I went ahead with iqas evaluation. The evaluation report they issued allows me to clearly claim points for the course unlike wes which left me in a dilemma. However iqas takes lot of time, when I got it done it was 3 months. Probably, 5 months now. So you should be prepared to wait.

A friend proceeded with wes report, got ita. Now has got ppr and will be moving in a month. So he was brave enough to move forward and the risk paid off. His processing time was definitely long and gcms notes had some remarks around education points. In the end, he got the ppr. However in the end, it's really your call.

Hi @Temp3385, i am in a similar situation right now. Can you suggest the course of action you took for this? Did you get the postgrad degree to IQAS or some other body. appreciate quick help pls :)

Reactions: humblebrag

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If you have more doubts, you can reach me on phone or whatsapp.

Hi @Temp3385, i am in a similar situation right now. Can you suggest the course of action you took for this? Did you get the postgrad degree to IQAS or some other body. appreciate quick help pls :)

PS_001

Mar 6, 2019
Hi guys! I have a similar issue.
Did you move forward with the WES assessment? And was there any issue faced? Did you select two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. Please help @Temp3385 @vishals

peramjannu

Jan 28, 2020
I have to step in here. My post in this thread on last year July, is not complete. Apologies for this because I was relatively uninformed about the rules and processes.

To enter an education credential in the express entry profile applicant must obtain an ECA report. This ECA report must indicate the level of education which will be the main criteria to get any sort of CRS score for education. If designated organization (i.e WES) does not indicate the level of education then it is impossible to say which Canadian level of education that credential is comparable.

Now to your situation, You have Bachelor's degree (4 years) evaluated by WES, so level of education is Bachelor's OR three or more years program But your second credential is assessed as "completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business", no indication of duration (level of education).

In EE profile you have following options-
  1. Less than secondary
  2. Secondary
  3. One year program
  4. Two year program
  5. Bachelor's OR three or more year program
  6. Masters or Professional program
  7. PhD program
So which option can you select for your executive management program? None! because you don't know Canadian Level of education!

The problem is, Only ICES and IQAS can evaluate such credential appropriately. Please read following-

Designated organizations assessment outcomes
A three-year or longer post-secondary credential in combination with any of the post secondary educational credentials listed below. This excludes secondary school credentials.

Post-secondary educational credentials could also include post-baccalaureate or post-graduate credentials as follows:
  • Post-bachelor’s certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificateFootnotei
  • Post-bachelor’s diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnotei
  • Graduate certificate
  • Graduate certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate diploma
  • Graduate diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Graduate diplomaFootnotei
  • Two-year postgraduate diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Two-year bachelor’s degree after a degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • One-year postgraduate certificate in [name of discipline]
  • One-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Study toward a master’s degree
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html

If you click on the "Footnotei" of the above highlighted credentials then you will see this message-

This equivalency assessment outcome applies to reports issued by either the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES), British Columbia Institute of Technology, or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta. These designated organizations provide equivalency assessment outcomes in English only.

Your "executive management program" should be assessed by ICES or IQAS. If your ECA report mentions minimum one year duration then if you add this with bachelor degree in your EE education section, you will receive points for "two of more degrees".

Hope it helps. Good Luck!

Hi Ishq74,
"completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business" can be considered as one year program.
As per Express Entry WebSite,if the WES Assessment Result[Canadian Equivalency] is "Completion of college level certificate" can be considered as "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp
select a points system as CRS and then go to second page where you can see "Completion of college level certificate" can be considered as "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".

Below ECA assessment results can be considered for One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute:
  • College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate
Please let me know your feedback on this.

mavi83

Dec 19, 2021
@
Hi guys! I have a similar issue.
Did you move forward with the WES assessment? And was there any issue faced? Did you select two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. Please help @Temp3385 @vishals

I am in same situation with my WES assessment summary saying "Bachelor's degree (four years)" whereas the details have the 'Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business'.

Can you please guide what did you select finally - two or more degrees or not ?