+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Report

Sunnyboy21

Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I need advice regarding my WES report. And, I want to know that which option out of these two do I need to choose while creating my Express entry profile:-

Option 1) Two or more programs with degree, diploma or certificate where in at least one program must be at least of 3 years or more.

Option 2) Bachelors degree.

Following is what my WES report says:

WES ECA

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Bachelor's degree (three years) and completion of an executive

management program offered by a graduate school of business

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution

Credential: Bachelor of Business Administration

Year: 2000

Awarded by: Chaudhary Charan Singh University

Major/Specialization: Business Administration

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution

Credential: Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Management

Year: 2011

Awarded by: Symbiosis International University

Major/Specialization: Marketing

Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a

graduate school of business

I request everyone to kindly guide on this and share their views

Sunnyboy21

Jul 27, 2017
Hey Immigreat81,

Thanks for your help. However someone told me that there could be a problem late on because in the WES ECA report:

Its written as - "CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

management program offered by a graduate school of business"

and in completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business, and its not mentioned in it whether its a diploma, or degree or a certificate program.

What do you feel about it? I am confused because of this...

Kindly help. Thanks

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
The exec. course has to be a degree, diploma or certificate I think. What else could it be?
You can join some of the Whatsapp groups and ask experts there. Look for the user LegalFalcon and join his.

Sunnyboy21

Jul 27, 2017
The exec. course has to be a degree, diploma or certificate I think. What else could it be?
You can join some of the Whatsapp groups and ask experts there. Look for the user LegalFalcon and join his.
Thanks again but a few people were saying that iis not clearly mentioned in my WES.ECA Report so i was a bit concerned ...Please tell me that how to join the whatsapp group & who is the admin and what iis the number for legalfalcon so that i can text him, and request to join the group and post my query

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I need advice regarding my WES report. And, I want to know that which option out of these two do I need to choose while creating my Express entry profile:-

Option 1) Two or more programs with degree, diploma or certificate where in at least one program must be at least of 3 years or more.

Option 2) Bachelors degree.

Following is what my WES report says:

WES ECA

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

management program offered by a graduate school of business

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution

Credential: Bachelor of Business Administration

Year: 2000

Awarded by: Chaudhary Charan Singh University

Major/Specialization: Business Administration

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution

Credential: Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Management

Year: 2011

Awarded by: Symbiosis International University

Major/Specialization: Marketing

Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a

graduate school of business

I request everyone to kindly guide on this and share their views
Hi there,
I am not an expert but I guess I can understand your problem. As per your ECA report you should select Bachelors degree because your management diploma has been evaluated as a professional training by ECA.

Sunnyboy21

Jul 27, 2017
Hi there,
I am not an expert but I guess I can understand your problem. As per your ECA report you should select Bachelors degree because your management diploma has been evaluated as a professional training by ECA.
Hi There,

However on WES official website i clearly found this , and the fact that WES has evaluated my Executive diploma in Management and also mentioned it in my ECA summary, i am optimistic that atleast it will be a diploma or a certificate program because otherwise they would not have even evaluated it in first place. Moreover mine was a over 1 year regular full time diploma program from WES recognized University :-

Will WES evaluate my degree?
WES evaluates:

• Formal academic qualifications (degrees, diplomas, and transcripts) from recognized secondary and post-secondary institutions.
WES does not evaluate:

• Industrial and trade occupational training and certifications
  • Short-term professional development programs
  • Career advancement certificates
  • Skills training
Below is the link for the same:-

http://help.wes.org/Credential-Evaluation/Evaluation-Process/65267795/Will-WES-evaluate-my-degree.htm

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi There,

However on WES official website i clearly found this , and the fact that WES has evaluated my Executive diploma in Management and also mentioned it in my ECA summary, i am optimistic that atleast it will be a diploma or a certificate program because otherwise they would not have even evaluated it in first place. Moreover mine was a over 1 year regular full time diploma program from WES recognized University :-

Will WES evaluate my degree?
WES evaluates:

• Formal academic qualifications (degrees, diplomas, and transcripts) from recognized secondary and post-secondary institutions.
WES does not evaluate:

• Industrial and trade occupational training and certifications
  • Short-term professional development programs
  • Career advancement certificates
  • Skills training
Below is the link for the same:-

http://help.wes.org/Credential-Evaluation/Evaluation-Process/65267795/Will-WES-evaluate-my-degree.htm
In that case, I think your understandings are more accurate than mine. You should select option-Two or more programs with degree, diploma or certificate where in at least one program must be at least of 3 years or more.

Sunnyboy21

Jul 27, 2017
In that case, I think your understandings are more accurate than mine. You should select option-Two or more programs with degree, diploma or certificate where in at least one program must be at least of 3 years or more.
Thanks Ishq, but do you really feel that i have a valid point based on the facts and info. i have shared, or am i trying to look at things as per my convenience. Is it being over optimistic, or now you genuinely feel i stand a chance for 2 programs or more with one program of atleast 3 years or more

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Thanks again but a few people were saying that iis not clearly mentioned in my WES.ECA Report so i was a bit concerned ...Please tell me that how to join the whatsapp group & who is the admin and what iis the number for legalfalcon so that i can text him, and request to join the group and post my query
Please search on the forum.
What are your CRS points with only Bachelors and with 2 degrees?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks Ishq, but do you really feel that i have a valid point based on the facts and info. i have shared, or am i trying to look at things as per my convenience. Is it being over optimistic, or now you genuinely feel i stand a chance for 2 programs or more with one program of atleast 3 years or more
You certainly can choose Two or more programs. There are two major clues in your ECA report. 1st one is "Status: Recognized Institution" and second one is the key word "Program". Your report clearly mentions your post graduate university is a recognized institution and you have done a 'Management Program'. Obviously you have completed this after your graduation so you should be eligible for "Two or more programs" .
All the Best

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Sunny.. I have exact same eca like yours.. Did you reach any conclusion if you are entitled to claim points just for one degree or both? Did you submit your eoi? Received ita ?

I am in a dilemma state, pls do revert or give me a call on +918800414888.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi Sunny.. I have exact same eca like yours.. Did you reach any conclusion if you are entitled to claim points just for one degree or both? Did you submit your eoi? Received ita ?

I am in a dilemma state, pls do revert or give me a call on +918800414888.
I have to step in here. My post in this thread on last year July, is not complete. Apologies for this because I was relatively uninformed about the rules and processes.

To enter an education credential in the express entry profile applicant must obtain an ECA report. This ECA report must indicate the level of education which will be the main criteria to get any sort of CRS score for education. If designated organization (i.e WES) does not indicate the level of education then it is impossible to say which Canadian level of education that credential is comparable.

Now to your situation, You have Bachelor's degree (4 years) evaluated by WES, so level of education is Bachelor's OR three or more years program But your second credential is assessed as "completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business", no indication of duration (level of education).

In EE profile you have following options-
  1. Less than secondary
  2. Secondary
  3. One year program
  4. Two year program
  5. Bachelor's OR three or more year program
  6. Masters or Professional program
  7. PhD program
So which option can you select for your executive management program? None! because you don't know Canadian Level of education!

The problem is, Only ICES and IQAS can evaluate such credential appropriately. Please read following-

Designated organizations assessment outcomes
A three-year or longer post-secondary credential in combination with any of the post secondary educational credentials listed below. This excludes secondary school credentials.

Post-secondary educational credentials could also include post-baccalaureate or post-graduate credentials as follows:
  • Post-bachelor’s certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificateFootnotei
  • Post-bachelor’s diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnotei
  • Graduate certificate
  • Graduate certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate diploma
  • Graduate diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Graduate diplomaFootnotei
  • Two-year postgraduate diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Two-year bachelor’s degree after a degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • One-year postgraduate certificate in [name of discipline]
  • One-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Study toward a master’s degree
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html

If you click on the "Footnotei" of the above highlighted credentials then you will see this message-

This equivalency assessment outcome applies to reports issued by either the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES), British Columbia Institute of Technology, or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta. These designated organizations provide equivalency assessment outcomes in English only.

Your "executive management program" should be assessed by ICES or IQAS. If your ECA report mentions minimum one year duration then if you add this with bachelor degree in your EE education section, you will receive points for "two of more degrees".

Hope it helps. Good Luck!

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for the update ishq74. I remember you replying on one of my previous threads with similar info.
As a result, I have already sent my documents to IQAS for their evaluation. However, as we all understand - IQAS is pretty slow compared to the turn around time by WES. However, not much option there.

In between, wanted to check if any of the other members submitted their EOI and where are they in the process.

Thanks! Good luck..

I have to step in here. My post in this thread on last year July, is not complete. Apologies for this because I was relatively uninformed about the rules and processes.

To enter an education credential in the express entry profile applicant must obtain an ECA report. This ECA report must indicate the level of education which will be the main criteria to get any sort of CRS score for education. If designated organization (i.e WES) does not indicate the level of education then it is impossible to say which Canadian level of education that credential is comparable.

Now to your situation, You have Bachelor's degree (4 years) evaluated by WES, so level of education is Bachelor's OR three or more years program But your second credential is assessed as "completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate school of business", no indication of duration (level of education).

In EE profile you have following options-
  1. Less than secondary
  2. Secondary
  3. One year program
  4. Two year program
  5. Bachelor's OR three or more year program
  6. Masters or Professional program
  7. PhD program
So which option can you select for your executive management program? None! because you don't know Canadian Level of education!

The problem is, Only ICES and IQAS can evaluate such credential appropriately. Please read following-

Designated organizations assessment outcomes
A three-year or longer post-secondary credential in combination with any of the post secondary educational credentials listed below. This excludes secondary school credentials.

Post-secondary educational credentials could also include post-baccalaureate or post-graduate credentials as follows:
  • Post-bachelor’s certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificateFootnotei
  • Post-bachelor’s diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnotei
  • Graduate certificate
  • Graduate certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate diploma
  • Graduate diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Graduate diplomaFootnotei
  • Two-year postgraduate diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Two-year bachelor’s degree after a degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • One-year postgraduate certificate in [name of discipline]
  • One-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnotei
  • Study toward a master’s degree
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html

If you click on the "Footnotei" of the above highlighted credentials then you will see this message-

This equivalency assessment outcome applies to reports issued by either the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES), British Columbia Institute of Technology, or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta. These designated organizations provide equivalency assessment outcomes in English only.

Your "executive management program" should be assessed by ICES or IQAS. If your ECA report mentions minimum one year duration then if you add this with bachelor degree in your EE education section, you will receive points for "two of more degrees".

Hope it helps. Good Luck!

Reactions: humblebrag

vishals

Jan 11, 2019
Thanks for the update ishq74. I remember you replying on one of my previous threads with similar info.
As a result, I have already sent my documents to IQAS for their evaluation. However, as we all understand - IQAS is pretty slow compared to the turn around time by WES. However, not much option there.

In between, wanted to check if any of the other members submitted their EOI and where are they in the process.

Thanks! Good luck..
Hi @Temp3385, i am in a similar situation right now. Can you suggest the course of action you took for this? Did you get the postgrad degree to IQAS or some other body. appreciate quick help pls :)