+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - Reference Number or ECA Certificate Number

Pinak

Apr 27, 2014
Hi all,

So I am in the final stages of applying for my PR under CEC. I have a minor query regarding the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) section in my application profile. I did my WES Evaluation (Course-by-Course Analysis) back in 2015 when I was applying for some universities. Now when we are talking about the ECA Certificate number in the Education History section, should I input my reference number here (which has the format - xxxxxxx/jwc) or do I need to upgrade it to something so that it complies with the IRCC regulations?

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
Hi all,

So I am in the final stages of applying for my PR under CEC. I have a minor query regarding the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) section in my application profile. I did my WES Evaluation (Course-by-Course Analysis) back in 2015 when I was applying for some universities. Now when we are talking about the ECA Certificate number in the Education History section, should I input my reference number here (which has the format - xxxxxxx/jwc) or do I need to upgrade it to something so that it complies with the IRCC regulations?
I don't think you can use the same assessment for immigration purposes.
Here you can see a sample of how the WES ECA looks like https://www.wes.org/ca/eca/. You can't use the course by course assessment.

Pinak

Apr 27, 2014
Thank you so much for such a prompt reply. I did try using the same URL before using the following steps:

"Apply for WES ECA - ECA Application for IRCC - Upgrade your Report - Immigration"

I then receive a message stating - "Based on your previous selections, we have determined that you do not need to upgrade your report. You can simply order a duplicate report of your previously completed evaluation."

I sent this duplicate report to the IRCC (Electronic Delivery - costs you around 50 bucks) just a while back hoping that I would get some sort of a response from WES with an updated Reference Number. However, I received an automated email from them with the same reference number (no IMM suffix) stating that they would process my report in 1 business day.

My query is - Should I just input my Reference Number (no suffixes, 7 digits only) in my PR application or do I need to do something more here. Frankly, the WES "contact-us" section is simply a joke (solely my experience). I have called them multiple times and have sent them over a dozen emails with no replies till now!

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
Looking through the forum I found out that it doesn't matter if you use the IMM suffix or not. Check the first 6 or 7 comments. Someone apparently used the reference number (only 7 digits).
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-reference-number-and-eca.332930/

I checked mine WES assessment and the cover letter has as reference number 1234567/vj while the ECA number on the actual report is 1234567IMM. Basically, same reference number just changed vj for IMM and took out the slash

nick_kd07

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Thank you so much for such a prompt reply. I did try using the same URL before using the following steps:

"Apply for WES ECA - ECA Application for IRCC - Upgrade your Report - Immigration"

I then receive a message stating - "Based on your previous selections, we have determined that you do not need to upgrade your report. You can simply order a duplicate report of your previously completed evaluation."

I sent this duplicate report to the IRCC (Electronic Delivery - costs you around 50 bucks) just a while back hoping that I would get some sort of a response from WES with an updated Reference Number. However, I received an automated email from them with the same reference number (no IMM suffix) stating that they would process my report in 1 business day.

My query is - Should I just input my Reference Number (no suffixes, 7 digits only) in my PR application or do I need to do something more here. Frankly, the WES "contact-us" section is simply a joke (solely my experience). I have called them multiple times and have sent them over a dozen emails with no replies till now!

Hey , I am also in same boat as yours. I got my upgraded ECA report which has no IMM number on it. Just a 7 digit ref number.
Also it contain a note stating that Original Report Date and Date on which we ordered the ECA. I am bit confused which date shall I refer?
Original Date(3rd January 2018) or Ordered Date (1st October 2019).

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hey , I am also in same boat as yours. I got my upgraded ECA report which has no IMM number on it. Just a 7 digit ref number.
Also it contain a note stating that Original Report Date and Date on which we ordered the ECA. I am bit confused which date shall I refer?
Original Date(3rd January 2018) or Ordered Date (1st October 2019).

You need to use the date on which the report was generated. Not the date when it was ordered.
There should be a date on your ECA report.

TanyaBrown

May 7, 2021

Hi, could you share what was the result of this query and what was the result with the IRCC? My PR application was cancelled because my spouse had his credentials assessed for a professional association designation. I submitted the course-by-course analysis when they requested proof of his education and my PR application was cancelled as incomplete. I have since gone back to WES for an upgraded report, which they advised could not be converted back to a document-by-document report, but the IMM was now affixed to the certificate number and the title on the page now says Educational Credential for Immigration... I am just trying to find out if this is now acceptable by IRCC even though the grades are still attached to the report. Any help, feedback would be greatly appreciated. It sucks to finally get and ITA only to have the application cancelled and deemed incomplete.