+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES outcome - Dual Bacherlor's Degree (4 yrs) NOT Two Bachelor's Degrees (4 yrs)

Lk28

Feb 5, 2018
Hey, did you get your case resolved? I'm also in the same situation.
I think I've responded to your post in another thread but here it is again for your ease:
Hi, so after a lot of discussion with some lawyers migrating to Canada who were stuck in a similar situation. I believe a person in a similar situation has the following options:
Option 1: Apply for ECA report from IQAS. They give professional degree status to the 5 year course. However, you will not get the report before 12 weeks from the date of delivery of documents.

Option 2: Go with the WES ECA report which states "Dual bachelors degree (four years)". In the EE profile, make two separate entries. Select the same period of education for both. That way you will get points for two bachelors (128 points). If you look at the examples of "two or more bachelors....", "Dual bachelors degrees (four years)" is covered.

To be safe, I went for both options. I made my EE profile as per option 2 and also applied for IQAS report. Unfortunately, IQAS takes a very long time to give the report. So, if my IQAS report comes before I get the ITA, I will update my profile to professional degree. If I get the ITA before the IQAS report then I will just go ahead with the WES one. I may get the ITA on the coming Wednesday as I have managed to get my score up to 465 (because of 3 years work exp.) and it is less likely that IQAS report will come before that.

Apr 4, 2018
Alright, thank you so much for taking out time and replying. I guess I will also do the same. Will apply for IQAS and meanwhile create a profile using the two or more certificates option.

When you say create two separate entries and put the same period of education..you mean to say I should not decide the BA and LLB? I should write it as it is? How did you write it exactly?

Lk28

Feb 5, 2018
As in I should not separate the duration of BA and LLB?
I did BBA LL.B. So I put it as follows:
1. Bachelor of Business Administration
2. Bachelor of Law

You are basically putting each as separate bachelors. Keep the university details and course duration same.

If you have any other queries, you can join a WhatsApp group called Canada Bound Lawyers. You'll get instant help.

Good luck with your application!

Lk28

Feb 5, 2018
Thanks a lot. Can you please give me details of this whtsapp group? I wish to join it.

Thanks a lot
It's a closed group with restricted people being allowed to join as some spammers had joined earlier. You can send me your number and I can forward that to the admin who can then add you in.

Immirant

Jun 18, 2018
Hi! LK28,
I have a work experience of 3 years, but that was 6 years ago and since then I am self employed.
Moreover, I completed my BA and MA from Delhi University ; BCA and MCA from open university. Which all degrees should I send for evaluation!
Although, I am able to attain 67 points out of 100 in the FSW points tally, but above two are some sticky issues which I need to resolve before heading to apply.
I need to apply fast as I am approaching 40!
It will be really nice of you to answer these questions and help me to contact that Whatsapp group.
Thanks
BA

surta

Mar 9, 2018
My bachelor is of 3 yrs but as per wes it is equivalent to 4 yrs bachelor's in Canada..then what to fill in complete/ full acedemic years while creating express entry?
3 or 4?

SM2018

Jul 22, 2018
Hi, I am stuck in a similar situation. I have a 5 year law degree which was assessed by WES as dual bachelor's degree (four years). Could you please advise? If I select my qualification as a single Bachelor's degree I end up with just 407 points. Therefore, choice is between showing it as two bachelors degrees separately or showing it as as a professional degree (447 points) since law is considered to be a professional degree by CIC. I could attach the certificate of practice to strengthen my case.
I would really appreciate a quick response.
Thanks
Hi there,

I needed some guidance regarding the same question. Could you please add me to the lawyers WhatsApp group - 919910473843

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
i have a query for the same, my WES report came today and it says:

"Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)"
I have done my Bachelor in Commerce from Delhi University (3 YEARS) and Post graduate diploma in Business Mgmg (2 YEARS)
So while entering educational details in EE profile should I enter my both degrees separately in 2 columns or just highest degree and mentionioning Bachelor degree, 3 or more year program in the level of education column. Please suggest.

Please suggest.

Regards
Hi Anjali,
Could you please share your experience with that Wes report.
Did you get two or more option points..
Thanks

Anjali0582

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi Anjali,
Could you please share your experience with that Wes report.
Did you get two or more option points..
Thanks
So while creating profile, it asks you about educational details where i filled, bachelors and post graduate diploma. In the next column it asked about ECA evaluation, in which i wrote what was provided to be by WES in the report.

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
So while creating profile, it asks you about educational details where i filled, bachelors and post graduate diploma. In the next column it asked about ECA evaluation, in which i wrote what was provided to be by WES in the report.
Thanks for your reply.
Did u get 119 or 126 points according to Ur profile?

arun_a_r

Sep 14, 2017
Any idea about ECA for 3-year graduation (English literature) and 1 year PG diploma in computer application?
Both are from accredited universities. Is there any chance that WES will combine both these are evaluated as 4-year graduation?

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Any idea about ECA for 3-year graduation (English literature) and 1 year PG diploma in computer application?
Both are from accredited universities. Is there any chance that WES will combine both these are evaluated as 4-year graduation?
Hi
Eca is so unpredictable .
Noone knows...am also waiting for my BA plus one year b.ed From DU.
Hope to get two bachelor's 4 years
U might get the same.
Thing is very few people have b.ed. and pgdca is also rare.
Have u applied for wes

arun_a_r

Sep 14, 2017
Hi
Eca is so unpredictable .
Noone knows...am also waiting for my BA plus one year b.ed From DU.
Hope to get two bachelor's 4 years
U might get the same.
Thing is very few people have b.ed. and pgdca is also rare.
Have u applied for wes
No , actually I am waiting for my PG Diploma results