+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES outcome - Dual Bacherlor's Degree (4 yrs) NOT Two Bachelor's Degrees (4 yrs)

Garves

Nov 1, 2017
Hi there.

I have tried to find the answer to my query on a few of the forum posts.

I have recently had a WES ECA outcome, they have combined my bachelor and master's as once credential. Below is the outcome copied and pasted.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: XXXXX
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: XXXX
(Licentiate)
Year: 2006
Awarded By: XXXX
Major/Specialization: XXXXXX
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's and master's degree

I am aware that I can claim points for a master under education.

My question, is can I claim two or more qualifications under the English/Education section of the CRS? Even though the government have assessed it as one credential? This will make a big difference to my total score, as my Englihs is all above CLB 9.

Am I am able to split my bachelors and masters into two awards?

Thanks,

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Hi there.

I have tried to find the answer to my query on a few of the forum posts.

I have recently had a WES ECA outcome, they have combined my bachelor and master's as once credential. Below is the outcome copied and pasted.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: XXXXX
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: XXXX
(Licentiate)
Year: 2006
Awarded By: XXXX
Major/Specialization: XXXXXX
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's and master's degree

I am aware that I can claim points for a master under education.

My question, is can I claim two or more qualifications under the English/Education section of the CRS? Even though the government have assessed it as one credential? This will make a big difference to my total score, as my Englihs is all above CLB 9.

Am I am able to split my bachelors and masters into two awards?

Thanks,
No you will get maximum points for master's.no need to go for two degrees option.that will fetch u lower marks.

kc87

Oct 21, 2018
Hello All,

I need your help for a quick verification. I have two bachelor degrees (Bachelor of Business Management and Bachelor of Social Science) from the same university. My ECA report is:

- Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)

Can I count this under two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees?

Please advise, thank you so much.

Lk28

Feb 5, 2018
Hello All,

I need your help for a quick verification. I have two bachelor degrees (Bachelor of Business Management and Bachelor of Social Science) from the same university. My ECA report is:

Yes, you can. I did the same with my BBA LLB and I have received my CoPR. Do explain it in your LoE.

kc87

Oct 21, 2018
Yes, you can. I did the same with my BBA LLB and I have received my CoPR. Do explain it in your LoE.
Hi LK28,

Thanks again for your prompt reply. In my EE profile, I listed the two bachelor degrees separately under different line items. The same ECA report number is put for both items, as well as the duration of studies (the duration of studies for both degrees are the same as I took them concurrently).

May I check if you did the same thing?

I'm very worried now because other forum members are saying they're counting "dual bachelor's degree (four years)" as one degree as it's merely one line item.

I received my ITA on 22 Aug, my AOR on 10 Sep, and MEP in late Sep. I'm so so worried now that my application will be rejected on this basis.

Lk28

Feb 5, 2018
Hi LK28,

Thanks again for your prompt reply. In my EE profile, I listed the two bachelor degrees separately under different line items. The same ECA report number is put for both items, as well as the duration of studies (the duration of studies for both degrees are the same as I took them concurrently).

May I check if you did the same thing?

I'm very worried now because other forum members are saying they're counting "dual bachelor's degree (four years)" as one degree as it's merely one line item.

I received my ITA on 22 Aug, my AOR on 10 Sep, and MEP in late Sep. I'm so so worried now that my application will be rejected on this basis.
I did the same thing. I entered my integrated five year dual degree as two entries (both bachelors) for the same duration and from the same university. I got 128 points for that. What you have done is fine as I did the same. I received my PPR in 64 days from AOR so don't worry. At the end of the day, you have an ECA report that says "dual degree..." and as per CIC that entitles to 128 points (for two bachelors) regardless of how you put it.

Reactions: kc87

polyglot_wannabe

Jul 17, 2018
I have received a notification that WES are putting together a 'formal response' to my question regarding this/possible reassessment and updated wording on a new report.

Will let you guys know - this may well be setting a valuable precedent for others (regardless of whether the outcome is positive). My consultant has actually recommended I try my luck if I receive an ITA in the coming weeks - if the outcome is not good, then I will likely receive a no before July 13th anyway and then I can reapply with extra points from 1 years work in my NOC occupation.

Final question - I would assume I'd need to repay the processing fee, but the 'Right of Permanent Residence' Fee: would I need to pay that again if I'd already pre-paid it before approval of my PR application?

Thanks guys!
I am experiencing the same problem. How did your case go?

iugbd

Dec 2, 2018
I am experiencing the same problem. How did your case go?
So, I have an integrated BA LLB Honours degree from a National Law University.

I have gotten my Ielts test report and will now send my degress for eca to WES.

Would anybody happen to know if I can put this as ‘two degrees’ column?

Does somebody share the same experience?

If yes, what was the outcome?

(Both WES and IQAS)

I really need some help regarding this.

Thanks in advance!

iugbd

Dec 2, 2018
I did BBA LL.B. So I put it as follows:
1. Bachelor of Business Administration
2. Bachelor of Law

You are basically putting each as separate bachelors. Keep the university details and course duration same.

If you have any other queries, you can join a WhatsApp group called Canada Bound Lawyers. You'll get instant help.

Good luck with your application!

(Both WES and IQAS)

Thanks in advance!

Jan 8, 2019
It's a closed group with restricted people being allowed to join as some spammers had joined earlier. You can send me your number and I can forward that to the admin who can then add you in.
Hey
I am also in exactly similar situation. Can you please add me to that group

aqiltariq65

Dec 17, 2018
Hello All,

Do they give dual bachelor in CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY?

SAHILRB

Jan 16, 2019
did you

(Both WES and IQAS)

Thanks in advance!

Did you figure the best way ? i am in the same state of confusion

tayyeb555

Mar 18, 2019
It's a closed group with restricted people being allowed to join as some spammers had joined earlier. You can send me your number and I can forward that to the admin who can then add you in.
Hey LK 28, i would like to join this group as well. could you please add me as well. i will PM you my number. This will be really helpful.

Other than that, i would also like to ask whether in the institution cell, did you enter your college name or the university name?

Thanks

Mansiaw14

Feb 12, 2019
Hey LK 28, i would like to join this group as well. could you please add me as well. i will PM you my number. This will be really helpful.

Other than that, i would also like to ask whether in the institution cell, did you enter your college name or the university name?

Thanks
Hi everyone, I have completed my five years BBA(Hons)LLB(Hons) from National Law University and my ECA report states- “Dual Bachelors (4years)”. Could anyone clarify if this means that I can chose “two or more degrees” as the option?
Thanks