+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES outcome - Dual Bacherlor's Degree (4 yrs) NOT Two Bachelor's Degrees (4 yrs)

Rose G

Jul 1, 2019
Hello! My Canadian Equivalency Summary is Bachelor's degree (three years) and two bachelor's degrees (four years) . What will be my scores?

ytagger

Dec 1, 2018
Hi LK28,

Thanks again for your prompt reply. In my EE profile, I listed the two bachelor degrees separately under different line items. The same ECA report number is put for both items, as well as the duration of studies (the duration of studies for both degrees are the same as I took them concurrently).

May I check if you did the same thing?

I'm very worried now because other forum members are saying they're counting "dual bachelor's degree (four years)" as one degree as it's merely one line item.

I received my ITA on 22 Aug, my AOR on 10 Sep, and MEP in late Sep. I'm so so worried now that my application will be rejected on this basis.
So did they accepted them as 2 separate bachelors?
Thanks

Manav07

Dec 1, 2019
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone are doing good.

I have similar question like many others in this forum. Had gone through some of the answers but still not able to make a clear decision. Hope someone could provide some clarity here.

Actual degree - Masters in Software Engineering (Integrated 5 years course)
WES results - Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)

I know that, I can claim two or more degrees for the above result. However, what I am not sure is how will I split my integrated degree in to two degrees while creating EE profile.

My course duration was from 2009 to 2014 (5 years continuous as it's an integrated course)

During the EE profile creation

Q. Should I create two entries as below ?
Bachelors degree from 2009 to 2013
One year PG diploma from 2013 to 2014

While validation will i be asked for two degree certificates for which i have only one to provide. So this can become a discrepancy and could even result in application rejection.

Could someone help me out in this? who had gone through some situation like mine and successfully had received the PR.

tayyeb555

Mar 18, 2019
Hello Everyone,
So i got a refusal on my application. Just to brief everyone, and anyone else who happens to search for this topic, i got my ECA which stated "Dual bachelor Degree (4 years)" from WES.
During my EE profile creation, i selected "two or more degree...." option. and post ITA, i put my 2 degrees in two separate line items in the education section, also attached an LOE stating why i selected the said option.
Turns out the VO rejected my explanation and stated that, for assessment purpose, they treat "Dual Bachelor Degree" as a single degree and not two degrees. that dropped my points significantly, and thus dint get through. going by the current trend, the cut offs have gone waayy to high for me to stand any chance. So as it stand today, im out of options and hope. for people who intend to apply and have got dual bachelor degree as their assessment, WATCHOUT!!... All the best !

AshwiniMahade

Feb 20, 2020
I have received a notification that WES are putting together a 'formal response' to my question regarding this/possible reassessment and updated wording on a new report.

Will let you guys know - this may well be setting a valuable precedent for others (regardless of whether the outcome is positive). My consultant has actually recommended I try my luck if I receive an ITA in the coming weeks - if the outcome is not good, then I will likely receive a no before July 13th anyway and then I can reapply with extra points from 1 years work in my NOC occupation.

Final question - I would assume I'd need to repay the processing fee, but the 'Right of Permanent Residence' Fee: would I need to pay that again if I'd already pre-paid it before approval of my PR application?

Thanks guys!
What reply did you receive from WES?

May 26, 2020
You need to put exactly what you got from WES. If you put anything different than what they have given in their evaluation, your application could be rejected. There is a recent case where an applicant who has a Bachelors and a Masters degree from India. His WES evaluation mentioned his Bachelors as a Canadian 4 years bachelors and his Masters also as a 4 years bachelors. He, however stated in his application that he has a Bachelors and a Masters and his application was rejected on this ground after 5 months.

See page 139 of this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.2070.html and check the user Gabbana and follow it on next two pages.

Your WES report should look like this:

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: [NAME OF YOUR DEGREES - XXXXXX,XXXXXX]
Year: [YEAR]
Awarded by: [NAME OF THE EDUCATION INSTITUTION]
Institution Status: [RECOGNIZED]
Major/Specialization: [SPECIALIZATION]
Canadian Equivalency: BACHELOR'S DEGREE (four years)

If this is what is says, then you cannot write two degrees because WES only sees it as one degree. However, wait for other forum users. The above is what I received, however, I have a master's and a Doctorate, so it did not matter to me. Lets wait and see what others have done and has anyone been successful.

Hope this helps and answers your question.
Hi,
I got my law degree assessed as dual bachelor degree, can i claim points for two or more certificates

Rayave

Aug 5, 2020
Greetings everyone,

I am waiting for WES to evaluate my credentials and I am expecting to receive the " Dual Bachelor Degree 4 years " status.
The thing is that I received 2 Bachelor degrees via a partnership program between my business school in France and another school in Japan as such :

- France Bachelor in International Management ( 2 years )
- Japanese Bachelor in Arts in Management ( 2 years )

If I effectively receive the Dual Bachelor certification by WES, am I safe to choose " Two or More certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be of three or more years " ? Or does the fact that it has been split into 2 years each makes me ineligible to choose such category ?

Many thanks !