+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES or ICAS for assessing pharmacy credentials

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone might know whether I should use WES or ICAS for assessing my pharmacy credentials? Are there any factors that I should consider when I choose which one. I also notice that for ICAS it says it's processing times are between 6-8wks, whereas for WESit says 7 business days. It there a catch in this somewhere, why is one so much faster than the other?

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi miss_mp,

I am Mechanical Engineer and used WES services for credential evaluation. It worked well for me and I have already got the PER. You just make sure from the CIC website if WES can do evaluation for Pharmacist, then better to use WES to get your evaluation done faster.

miss_mp said:
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone might know whether I should use WES or ICAS for assessing my pharmacy credentials? Are there any factors that I should consider when I choose which one. I also notice that for ICAS it says it's processing times are between 6-8wks, whereas for WESit says 7 business days. It there a catch in this somewhere, why is one so much faster than the other?

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Oh I see, thanks for clarifying that up for me, Seema, that helps, since I've been getting a mix of information from different organisations.
So just to make sure I understand this correctly - for PR application under the FSW category WES is who I can use, and I don't need to go through PEBC for this at this stage, and CIC would accept an assessment done by WES?
But for applying for the Canadian Pharmacy exams, I need to go through PEBC to get this assessment.

sidhu10

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2008
Med's Request
26-11-2012, 26-01-2014
Med's Done....
22-12-2012, remeds-01-02-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
in-process(06-12-2013),,DM(24-03-2014)
LANDED..........
hoping to be sooooon...
miss_mp said:
Hi,

http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3116/la_id/1.htm
check this out

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Thanks for the link Sidhu. I've been looking at it, and the cost for an evaluation with PEBC is a lot more expensive than with WES, which I why I'd thought I'd go with WES if CIC approves of WES for the ECA for pharmacy. I know I'd have to use PEBC eventually for the Canadian exam, but since I don't know if i'll get PR yet, I thought I'll go with the cheaper option of WES if it's approved for pharmacy ECA - would you know if WES is approved for pharmacy?