+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES middle name

KPR1

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
WES is for highest degree achieved till date.
So I did diploma after 10th grade and then degree engineering in India. In Canada I did post graduate certificate. I guess for WES, I just need for my degree engineering that I did in India?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
So I did diploma after 10th grade and then degree engineering in India. In Canada I did post graduate certificate. I guess for WES, I just need for my degree engineering that I did in India?
Are you claiming points for Indian education?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yeah, I just wanted to show what education qualification I had in India. I mean WES takes care of getting points from our previous education, right?
As I said WES is for highest degree, so technically your highest degree is from Canada. Unless you are claiming points for Indian degree you don't need WES for that.

KPR1

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
As I said WES is for highest degree, so technically your highest degree is from Canada. Unless you are claiming points for Indian degree you don't need WES for that.
So I did post graduate certificate(2 years) in Canada and in India, I got 4 years degree engineering, isn't degree engineering the highest level ? I am not sure so want to check regarding that.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
So I did post graduate certificate(2 years) in Canada and in India, I got 4 years degree engineering, isn't degree engineering the highest level ? I am not sure so want to check regarding that.
What about the education you did in Canada, isn't it highest than degree of India? Isn't it postgraduate degree?

KPR1

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
It's a post graduate certificate. So I am skeptical. Also I do want to claim points from my Indian education and for that you think I should just get WES my degree engineering (from India) as that is the highest education ?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
It's a post graduate certificate. So I am skeptical. Also I do want to claim points from my Indian education and for that you think I should just get WES my degree engineering (from India) as that is the highest education ?
So your highest degree is Canadian one.
But since you want to claim points for Indian degree you can go for WES.

Reactions: KPR1

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hey, I should keep LOE ready, and not submit it? Another question, if I submit it via webform, under which UCI I should submit? My husband is dependent and I'm primary applicant.
Sounds good.
UCI number should be the one whose LOE is. I think it's better to quote the application number.

Reactions: p.sejal17