+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES: Gujarat University

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Anybody in the forum who has completed ECA (from WES) from Gujarat university? Need some inputs.

I want to do ECA for my wife for EE (as this now requires ECA for spouse as well for dependent visa). She has done MCA from Gujarat University (Ahmedabad) and BCA from Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidhyanagar, Anand.

I want to know,

1. Process for approaching these university for ECA? i.e. is there any specific building or floor or person, where we can take marksheets/certificate and request for stamping?

2. Generally how long does it take to get back the sealed envelope from these 2 universities?

We are actually in Pune and would visit here for ECA, hence wanted to collect as much information for these 2 universities so we dont face any issues/delay.

Regards,

rahulsepco

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
very soon this year
hi
controller of Examination or Registrar office will do this for you
They may have some Procedure and form to apply the transcript
you can apply by post, but it may delay your application

regards

Joy4Ever

Sep 13, 2014
Hi mits0829,

Below are the process for transcript and document attestation from Gujarat University.
Document attestation will be done by university in marksheets section which is located at second floor in first building from the main gate. The girl seating over there will explain you the whole process. It takes around 25 to 30 days to get all documents in sealed envelope.
Transcript will be done by college or their affiliates. Please check with college. Transcript from college usually takes 5 to 10 days. It has to be done by the person for whom you require transcript. Also don’t forget to bring photo ID.
I also reside in Pune and visited A’bad two weeks before for the same.

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joy4Ever said:
Hi mits0829,

Below are the process for transcript and document attestation from Gujarat University.
Document attestation will be done by university in marksheets section which is located at second floor in first building from the main gate. The girl seating over there will explain you the whole process. It takes around 25 to 30 days to get all documents in sealed envelope.
Transcript will be done by college or their affiliates. Please check with college. Transcript from college usually takes 5 to 10 days. It has to be done by the person for whom you require transcript. Also don't forget to bring photo ID.
I also reside in Pune and visited A'bad two weeks before for the same.
Thanks for information, really useful.
However, do we really require transcripts? I mean in my case (Mumbai university) I took all semesters marksheets and my degree certificate to university and asked them to attest and seal it in envelope. That envelope I sent to WES and received the ECA for the same without any issues. I didn't sent any transcripts. Even in WES site they have mentioned that all marksheets and degree certificate should be attested and sent, so I am not sure about transcripts. Please let me know if there is something missed regarding transcripts.

kd007

Aug 20, 2014
Hi mits0829,

Did you get your ECA done? I have done BE from GU and looking forward to get ECA. Will really appreciate if I get some guidance.

Thanks!!

hiren.yadav

Jun 15, 2015
Hi,

Hope your ECA is done successfully without hassles. I need some help in the same lines.

I too have 2 degrees, 1 from sardar patel university (b.e. it) and 1 from gujarat university (MBA).

Am confused about,
1. whether to do the ECA for both degrees or the latest one?

2. Should I get 2 different sealed envelops, 1 from each university? Or 1 envelop with documents from both universities?

3. Should I write reference no. on all the documents (photocopies)?

Is there anything specific which I need to know (which may not be mentioned or very clear on the wes site?)

Thanks in advance :)

REgards,
Hiren

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I also want to do attestation of my wife's documents from Guj Univ.

She completed her B.Com. from college affiliated with Guj. Univ.

Just need your inputs for below queries"

1. What documents should be sent from my side?

2. What documents are required to be sent by University side in sealed and stamped envelope?

3. Who will issue transcripts in this case? should we get it from College or from Guj. Univ?

Thanks in advance for those who reply to my post.

RAVISOLANKI

Apr 16, 2016
Hello everyone,

I want to apply for WES.
I have done BE from Sardar Patel University (Vidhyanagar, Gujarat).

So I need some feedback regarding following points:
1. What things should I mention to university?
2. Which documents are require to sent by my side? (Degree Certificate/ Transcript/ All years mark sheet)
3. Can I send attested documents by myself to WES?

vbpatel2005

Jun 14, 2016
Hi,
Can any one help me out in my case, How to follow and what to produce for transcript and ECA for CANADA PR. I am living in QATAR.
I have completed Diploma In Chemical Engineering From Shree K.J. Polytechnic, Bharuch, Gujarat, India.
I have completed 12th Scienece From Sheth C.N. Vidayalaya Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.

Thanks,
Vipul
00974 33109657

swar12894

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Sharing my experience here so that it would be helpful to someone.

My documents were initially rejected by WES because I sent them a transcript which wasn't issued by the GUJARAT UNIVERSITY but was verified by the university (GU don't issue any transcripts they just do the verifications) so don't send them a transcript which is issued by the college or some other place (usually your college will ask you to go to some nearby printer shop where they will convert marksheet into transcript and college will do signature and stamps on it). I know it's all f***ed up but that is how you get your transcript.

Basically, WES is looking for your MARKSHEETS of all semester that is verified by the university.
WES does not need your degree verification they just need your marksheets that is verified by GUJARAT UNIVERSITY, you can just send them a color print out of your degree certificate and it's need not be in sealed envelop or sent by the university.

Obviously, GUJARAT UNIVERSITY won't send the sealed envelope to WES. You'll have to collect it from University and courier it to WES and make sure that you let courier person know that they write sender as Gujarat University and not your name.

tl;dr MARKSHEET = TRANSCRIPT

Reactions: draun16

pulkitparikh

Jan 19, 2018

My documents were initially rejected by WES because I sent them a transcript which wasn't issued by the GUJARAT UNIVERSITY but was verified by the university (GU don't issue any transcripts they just do the verifications) so don't send them a transcript which is issued by the college or some other place (usually your college will ask you to go to some nearby printer shop where they will convert marksheet into transcript and college will do signature and stamps on it). I know it's all f***ed up but that is how you get your transcript.

Basically, WES is looking for your MARKSHEETS of all semester that is verified by the university.
WES does not need your degree verification they just need your marksheets that is verified by GUJARAT UNIVERSITY, you can just send them a color print out of your degree certificate and it's need not be in sealed envelop or sent by the university.

Obviously, GUJARAT UNIVERSITY won't send the sealed envelope to WES. You'll have to collect it from University and courier it to WES and make sure that you let courier person know that they write sender as Gujarat University and not your name.

Do we need to send WES copies of our GU marksheets or original marksheets?

mansiib

Jul 6, 2015
Hi

Please can neone guide me m in great confusion
I received my seal cover from Gujarat univ I actually do not remember whether they took degree certificate from me for enclosing it in courier ...do they enclose degree certificate in sealed cover or we can send separately also...pls guide in great confusion...I need to do WES canada

Sanket0211

Jan 31, 2018
Hi all,
Today I got update for WES that my transcripts were rejected. Below is the reason and further instructions from them.

Reason: The document received and attested from the institution was a college-issued transcript. WES only accepts university issued and attested marksheets. We do not accept university attested transcripts issued by the college.

Instructions: Please arrange for your academic documents to be sent directly to WES by the institution or examining body that awarded your degree/diploma.

Now I confused because Gujarat University does not issue transcripts just by themselves. They will first ask for the transcripts from the college.
Pls help.

Procedure I followed
Step1: I prepared transcripts format from a guy in a Xerox store
Step2: I went to my college with those transcripts format and college admin issued a set of transcripts unsealed.
Step3: I went with college issued transcripts to Gujarat University , filled few forms and submitted required documents alongwith the original college issued transcripts.
Step4: after 15 days I went back to University to collect my transcripts. At that time I check my transcripts, they just put Gujarat University stamp besides college stamp in the college issued transcripts and there was sign of registrar alongwith his stamp. Below the college principal stamp and sign. Thereafter it was sealed and stamped in front of me in Gujarat University envelope.
Step5: I courier the sealed Gujarat University envelope to WES for ECA

Pls help me with what I have done wrong. Moreover what corrective action should I take.??

Sanket0211

Jan 31, 2018

So what you did to get your wes ECA ??
I'm also facing similar problem

I have posted my problem in trailing post.

Pls if you have any idea kindly help.