+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES: Gujarat University

champion21

Apr 11, 2017
Dear All, Need one help in understanding the assessment from WES Canada - I have received my assessment, as below

I completed B.Com/M.Com from Gujarat University

Assessment from WES
Bachelor of Commerce - Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)
Master Of Commerce - Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Now, under express entry which option i need to select :
01. Bachelor Degree
02. Two or more certificate, degree or diploma. One must be a program of three or more years.

As i have two certificates (Degrees) - so as per me i need to select the 2nd option. But your expert advise will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

champion21

Apr 11, 2017
Dear All, Need one help in understanding the assessment from WES Canada - I have received my assessment, as below

I completed B.Com/M.Com from Gujarat University

Assessment from WES
Bachelor of Commerce - Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)
Master Of Commerce - Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Now, under express entry which option i need to select :
01. Bachelor Degree
02. Two or more certificate, degree or diploma. One must be a program of three or more years.

As i have two certificates (Degrees) - so as per me i need to select the 2nd option. But your expert advise will be very much appreciated.

Thank you
Hello Mates, any update on the above query.

Punit Soneji

May 8, 2019
Hello Folks,

My wife has done BCom from Saurashtra University and we are able to get the transcript for ECA and she has done M.COM from Gujrat University as an external student.

Can someone confirm if External MCOM will be considered as master degree under ECA ? as I am planning to put my wife as primary applicant

Thanks,

Punit Soneji

parthpandya008

Jul 19, 2019
I have done my Computer Engineering from HNGU.

Anyone know As per the new change in WES evaluation for Indian
How to do WES evlution for HNGU (Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University) ?

Tapan_1988

Aug 16, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Hello Folks,

My wife has done BCom from Saurashtra University and we are able to get the transcript for ECA and she has done M.COM from Gujrat University as an external student.

Can someone confirm if External MCOM will be considered as master degree under ECA ? as I am planning to put my wife as primary applicant

Thanks,

Punit Soneji
Mcom will be considered as another bachelor degree.

Tapan_1988

Aug 16, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Now, Engineering department comes under GTU (Gujarat Technical University), but HNGU still exist. So do I need to contact HNGU or GTU ?
You need to contact the authority who awarded degree to you. So, if HNGU issued it then contact them.

Shaunak sharma

Sep 10, 2019
I went to Gujarat university to check with them. I was surprised to find that they do not reply verification request by email. They only reply after (if) they receive document verification request from Wes in physical form. After the receipt they take their own sweet time to reply and that reply is sent to WES by post.

I am in the same situation. I got below email from WES.

This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to Gujarat University. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.”

Please, let me know what am I supposed to at this point? Any help would be highly appreciated.!

Tapan_1988

Aug 16, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Be prepared for a long delay.

Gujarat university replies by email but nor from the email to which Wes sends verification request. The head of verification department Mr. Prajapati used to reply by email from his own Gujarat university email id. However, it seems Wes did not consider it as genuine because it was not coming from the mail which they think genuine. (I advise you to go at verification department and check with officer over there if the procedure is still same) if it is still same then below is the future course of action with your application which does not require your intervention.

As Gujarat university will receive their postal request in one month and they will take around 10 days to reply. That reply will be sent to then thorough standard post which will take 1 month to reach there.

So, around 2+ months delay.
I am sorry.

Reactions: Shaunak sharma

whiteash

Feb 1, 2020
Guys, How does WES evaluate a BCA (3 year degree course) completed from Gujarat University Affliliated college? The online tool mentions as a Community Diploma. Will it be similar in case of actual evaluation?
Also, shall i be sending Transcripts, Marksheets and Degree certificate?

dr.maddy

Jan 11, 2020
Hi guys, I need help big time. WES sent me an email today morning with status 'on hold' stating that they are yet to receive my Bachelors degree certificate while marks card has been accepted. I inquired with my agent and he says he has dispatched both degree and marks card to them. Should i contact WES and find the reason for HOLD? Or wait as my agent says it will take a week to update as it is only a confirmation error (written email confirmation) from the college side to WES? What do you suggest? Did this happen to anyone?

Taran1994

Jun 5, 2019
Hi guys, I need help big time. WES sent me an email today morning with status 'on hold' stating that they are yet to receive my Bachelors degree certificate while marks card has been accepted. I inquired with my agent and he says he has dispatched both degree and marks card to them. Should i contact WES and find the reason for HOLD? Or wait as my agent says it will take a week to update as it is only a confirmation error (written email confirmation) from the college side to WES? What do you suggest? Did this happen to anyone?
Hello, is there any agents who can do this on. behalf of us? Pleass let me know i am stucked due to lockdown.