+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES for incomplete degree?

poorguy

Apr 13, 2017
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
10-10-2017
i had a summary of bachelors degree and one years graduate study. i successfully claimed points for 2 or more degrees however i see cic has updated their website and 1 year graduate study is not there anymore as an option

Vianditya

Oct 10, 2017
Incomplete degrees will not be assessed by WES.
This is incorect according to WES website, http://help.wes.org/Credential-Evaluation/Applying-to-WES/52360813/I-have-not-finished-my-studies-can-I-get-an-evaluation.htm

I have not finished my studies, can I get an evaluation?
WES can evaluate education in-progress or incomplete programs of post-secondary study.

When you complete the application:

1. Enter "Academic Transcript" for the name of the credential.
  2. If your study is "in-progress" (you plan to complete the program) indicate the last year that you studied.
  3. If your study is "incomplete" (you stopped without completing the program) select "Did Not Graduate".

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
This is incorect according to WES website, http://help.wes.org/Credential-Evaluation/Applying-to-WES/52360813/I-have-not-finished-my-studies-can-I-get-an-evaluation.htm

I have not finished my studies, can I get an evaluation?
WES can evaluate education in-progress or incomplete programs of post-secondary study.

When you complete the application:

1. Enter "Academic Transcript" for the name of the credential.
  2. If your study is "in-progress" (you plan to complete the program) indicate the last year that you studied.
  3. If your study is "incomplete" (you stopped without completing the program) select "Did Not Graduate".
are you sure you're in WES CANADA and the IMMIGRATION application?

Vianditya

Oct 10, 2017
are you sure you're in WES CANADA and the IMMIGRATION application?
You can check it here https://www.wes.org/ca/help#/path/Applying-to-WES/981420871/Do-I-need-to-send-my-secondary-school-documents-if-I-also-attended-a-university.htm

also here

https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

2. Academic Transcript
This is an official document issued by the institution you attended that lists all subjects taken and grades earned for each year of study.

What you need to do:

Option 1

For completed, incomplete, and in-progress study, ask the institution you attended to send your document directly to WES.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
You can check it here https://www.wes.org/ca/help#/path/Applying-to-WES/981420871/Do-I-need-to-send-my-secondary-school-documents-if-I-also-attended-a-university.htm

also here

https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

2. Academic Transcript
This is an official document issued by the institution you attended that lists all subjects taken and grades earned for each year of study.

What you need to do:

Option 1

For completed, incomplete, and in-progress study, ask the institution you attended to send your document directly to WES.
you'll get points for high school only. A reminder that wes evaluates diplomas for things besides IRCC!!! People applying for a master's while their bachelor is in progress will get an ECA for that. You are free to do whatever you want, in the end it's about points!!

Vianditya

Oct 10, 2017
you'll get points for high school only. A reminder that wes evaluates diplomas for things besides IRCC!!! People applying for a master's while their bachelor is in progress will get an ECA for that. You are free to do whatever you want, in the end it's about points!!
Yes, i'm aware of that. I just pointed out that incomplete education can still be assessed by WES as i replied for the guy above.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Yes, i'm aware of that. I just pointed out that incomplete education can still be assessed by WES as i replied for the guy above.
you're confusing me here as to what you're answering. of course it CAN be assessed by wes, the important thing is what the goal of the assessment for. wes isn't exclusive to IRCC but for ircc purposes incomplete diplomas aren't usually taken into consideration

Vianditya

Oct 10, 2017
you're confusing me here as to what you're answering. of course it CAN be assessed by wes, the important thing is what the goal of the assessment for. wes isn't exclusive to IRCC but for ircc purposes incomplete diplomas aren't usually taken into consideration
Well, if look at my first reply to this thread, i was answering to this guy here..

Incomplete degrees will not be assessed by WES.
Hope you understand the context now.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Well, if look at my first reply to this thread, i was answering to this guy here..

Hope you understand the context now.
the context of this forum is express entry and immigration. so yes.

Manpreet_8109

Mar 17, 2018
Hello Seniors,

I have a very Important question which you might have been asked many a times may be in previous years.
I have 3 years B.COM complete Degree. My MBA is of two years, out of whih I have completed only One year and after that I got a job and didnt complete my MBA.

Now I am planning for Express entry. Can I get full points with Two or more degree with one degree of minimum 3 year completed under education?

I am planning to send the transcript for both B.COM and MBA. Will MBA 1 year (2semester Transcripts) will do any good to me?

Appreciate your advise.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Manpreet
manpreet.8109@gmail.com

myeeprofile

Mar 22, 2018
I have a bachelor and 2 years towards master's but didn't get the master's. Stopped it 10 years ago.

Wes evaluated both, the second as two years 0f graduate study. In the summary I did not get any recognition. I sent them a message to add as "Study toward a master's degree" so I get more points. Will let you know.
hi, I also have the same situation and want to get WES. for the masters I did finish all the courses but could not finish with the thesis. was wondering what would be the results for the WES. please update here if you got news. cos in this case we can earn points for two or more certificates in the CRS criteria I guess.

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
I have a bachelor of science degree and 5 years of professional experience. I started to study master of engineering degree at one of the UK universities two years ago. It is an integrated master degree including all bachelor degree courses and additional graduate level courses and a master project. At the end of this academic year, I will be satisfying the minimum requirement of the bachelor pass degree. However, I do not want to quit but to complete the program with MEng degree. Unfortunately, there is no degree awarded at that stage unless I quit the program. Students who wish to continue to study further to get master of engineering degree do not get a BEng degree certificate. All I can get from the university will be a letter stating that if I quit today I will be awarded a Bachelor of Engineering pass degree.

The question is, will that be enough for me to get ''two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees'' from WES evaluation? Can anybody with similar experience help me understand the case?

Thanks

tamik

Sep 3, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
hi, I also have the same situation and want to get WES. for the masters I did finish all the courses but could not finish with the thesis. was wondering what would be the results for the WES. please update here if you got news. cos in this case we can earn points for two or more certificates in the CRS criteria I guess.
Have you done WES evaluation? What result have you got? 2 degrees/certificates?

Reactions: Maximus02

Maximus02

Oct 29, 2017
Hello Seniors,

I have a very Important question which you might have been asked many a times may be in previous years.
I have 3 years B.COM complete Degree. My MBA is of two years, out of whih I have completed only One year and after that I got a job and didnt complete my MBA.

Now I am planning for Express entry. Can I get full points with Two or more degree with one degree of minimum 3 year completed under education?

I am planning to send the transcript for both B.COM and MBA. Will MBA 1 year (2semester Transcripts) will do any good to me?

Appreciate your advise.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Manpreet
manpreet.8109@gmail.com
Hello,

Any updates on this, please?