+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation for Edexcel

hussainagha

May 22, 2018
If you get your MBA done from a UK university and get awarded then no matter how many credits you were exempted you will receive Canadian Masters equivalency! You do not need to send any other credentials if you have masters because you will receive points for your highest credential which would be Masters in your case. Masters is already more than "two degree" points and you can potentially receive 100 skill transferability points towards your CRS score if you have minimum 3 years foreign work experience and IELTS 8777 in LRWS. When you will be creating your EE profile you will list your Masters only in education history and if you receive your ITA you will have to include other edication credential in your personal history during eAPR.

Bottom line is if you have UK Masters degree then you will receive Canadian Masters equivalency and you do not need to evaluate your bcom or edexcell diploma because you will already be above "two degree" points with Masters

Hope it helps. Good Luck!
Thanks alot for this guidance. God bless you

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks alot for this guidance. God bless you
Happy to help! By the way I have also done top up Bachelors degree from University of Wolverhampton and I have received Canadian Bachelors degree (four years) equivalency. It doesn't matter if the degree was top up or studied from the scratch what matters is the final award. My top up bachelors degree is equivalent to any regular British university degree thus WES recognized it as Canadian Bachelors degree. Similarly your top up MBA would be equivalent to any regular British Masters degree and you will also receive Canadian Masters equivalency! Now concentrate on your MBA and get awarded ontime.

Good Luck!

hussainagha

May 22, 2018
Happy to help! By the way I have also done top up Bachelors degree from University of Wolverhampton and I have received Canadian Bachelors degree (four years) equivalency. It doesn't matter if the degree was top up or studied from the scratch what matters is the final award. My top up bachelors degree is equivalent to any regular British university degree thus WES recognized it as Canadian Bachelors degree. Similarly your top up MBA would be equivalent to any regular British Masters degree and you will also receive Canadian Masters equivalency! Now concentrate on your MBA and get awarded ontime.

Good Luck!
So you got PR to canada ?
Am currently working on final project of my MBA. it would be completed in June 2019. because am doing part time on distance learning so it will take a long time to submit my final project. its a general MBA (without any specialization). Please guide me that if I get admission in MA (Marketing & Innovation) Top up from Anglia Ruskin University in September intake then it would be completed in March 2019. Then would it remain suitable for me that if I do two Masters simultaneously. While am confident that i can manage these both Masters programs at same time with my full time job.
I am worried because of long duration of my MBA. because many people says that polocies are getting complex every year for immigration to canada so I need to complete my Master as early as possible. I want to apply for 0114 (Administrative Manger). am worried maybe it would be eliminated from NOC list next year! so need to get Masters as early as I can.
one last thing that I want to ask, if I complete MBA (general)+ MA (Marketing & Innovation) then it would be considered overqualified for getting job in canada after PR ? need guidance

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
So you got PR to canada ?
Am currently working on final project of my MBA. it would be completed in June 2019. because am doing part time on distance learning so it will take a long time to submit my final project. its a general MBA (without any specialization). Please guide me that if I get admission in MA (Marketing & Innovation) Top up from Anglia Ruskin University in September intake then it would be completed in March 2019. Then would it remain suitable for me that if I do two Masters simultaneously. While am confident that i can manage these both Masters programs at same time with my full time job.
I am worried because of long duration of my MBA. because many people says that polocies are getting complex every year for immigration to canada so I need to complete my Master as early as possible. I want to apply for 0114 (Administrative Manger). am worried maybe it would be eliminated from NOC list next year! so need to get Masters as early as I can.
one last thing that I want to ask, if I complete MBA (general)+ MA (Marketing & Innovation) then it would be considered overqualified for getting job in canada after PR ? need guidance
Hello mate actually after completing mba you would score masters point .However ,you won’t score 100 in skill transferability factors with clb 9 .To score you need to have two post secondary credentials and one should be of three years or more ,which you donot have thanx

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello mate actually after completing mba you would score masters point .However ,you won’t score 100 in skill transferability factors with clb 9 .To score you need to have two post secondary credentials and one should be of three years or more ,which you donot have thanx
Not correct! Applicant receives points for his/her highest credentials and Masters is always higher than two or more bachelors or any other below masters program.

Candidates will be awarded 50 skill transferability points if they have Canadian equivalent "two or more programs" or above i.e Masters, PhD and 50 skill transferablility points if they have 3 years foreign work experience. Both need to be combined with CLB 9 or above first language abilities in all four sections.

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Not correct! Applicant receives points for his/her highest credentials and Masters is always higher than two or more bachelors or any other below masters program.

Candidates will be awarded 50 skill transferability points if they have Canadian equivalent "two or more programs" or above i.e Masters, PhD and 50 skill transferablility points if they have 3 years foreign work experience. Both need to be combined with CLB 9 or above first language abilities in all four sections.
R u sure about it. Actually I don’t have bachelors
I have two credentials
1.wes Diploma and diploma of two years (for my engineering diploma of three years )
2.mba evaluated as masters by Wes

And I done edexcel b.tech level 7which I have not evaluated yet

Because of my mba would I be able to get 50 transferability points for education and clb 9

I m bit concerned ,as I read one need to have two post study qualifications and one at least should be of 3 years or more

Please explain this to m

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
R u sure about it. Actually I don’t have bachelors
I have two credentials
1.wes Diploma and diploma of two years (for my engineering diploma of three years )
2.mba evaluated as masters by Wes

And I done edexcel b.tech level 7which I have not evaluated yet

Because of my mba would I be able to get 50 transferability points for education and clb 9

I m bit concerned ,as I read one need to have two post study qualifications and one at least should be of 3 years or more

Please explain this to m
Isn't it a common sense that a person with a Masters already have a bachelors? Or a person with a PhD have greater education than a person with a 2-3 post secondary programs below masters level? Don't worry about what others or me saying, just enter your education and language skills in EE profile and let the system calculate the points for you. Yes you will receive 50 skill transferability points for education if you have Canadian Masters equivalency in your ECA report and CLB 9 Language.

People even are suggested not to enter any credential below masters if they already have Masters equivalency in the education history section to avoid unnecessary documentation request for entered below masters credential by the system at post ITA eAPR stage as they will already receive points for highest credentials only which is Masters.

You do not need your diploma to claim education points because you will not get combination points for two credential if one of the credential is already Masters or above which awards more points. If you enter both your diploma and Masters you will get points for Masters but during documnet upload, system will ask to upload documents for every credential you have mentioned in your ee profile. So whats the point of uploading diploma certificates if it is not neccessary for calculating your education points at all? However you must mention it in your personal history section if it is within last ten years.

Applicants cannot claim points for both bachelors and masters. Because masters is always greater than any number of below masters credentials. You will receive combination points for two credentials if highest one is Bachelors OR 3 or more year program and other one is at least three year program. Skill transferability points are for people with "PhD", "professional degree", "Masters" and "two or more program one must be bachelors or 3 or more year program".

Here is the confirmation-

Points for Skill Transferability Factors
Combination of level of education and official language proficiency
(1) The points that may be assigned for a combination of the level of education of a foreign national and their proficiency in their first official language, according to their benchmark level as assessed in that language under the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens, are the following:
  • (a) 0 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school credential, regardless of their proficiency in their first official language;
  • (b) 13 points, if the foreign national has a post-secondary program credential of one or more years and their proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 7 or higher in all language skill areas, with one or more areas assessed at less than level 9;
  • (c) 25 points, if the foreign national has a post-secondary program credential of one or more years and their proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 9 or higher in all language skill areas;
  • (d) 25 points, if the foreign national’s proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 7 or higher in all language skill areas, with one or more areas assessed at less than level 9 and they have
    • (i) two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or more,
    • (ii) a university-level credential at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or
    • (iii) a university-level credential at the doctoral level; and
  • (e) 50 points, if the foreign national’s proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 9 or higher in all language skill areas and they have
    • (i) two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or more,
    • (ii) a university-level credential at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or
    • (iii) a university-level credential at the doctoral level.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system.html

Good Luck!

mour

Sep 4, 2018
I don’t have bachelors
I have done
1.Eduqual post graduation diploma level 7
2.Ma (Top-Up) 6 months from Anglia Ruskin University.
I heard that WES doesn't evaluate EDUQUAL. I am bit Confused now what should I do? if I just send my Master Certificate for ECA will it be ok? please help me. Thank in advance.

Mar 17, 2018
I don’t have bachelors
I have done
1.Eduqual post graduation diploma level 7
2.Ma (Top-Up) 6 months from Anglia Ruskin University.
I heard that WES doesn't evaluate EDUQUAL. I am bit Confused now what should I do? if I just send my Master Certificate for ECA will it be ok? please help me. Thank in advance.
Hello there, please advise if you have received your ECA and what are the results?

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Hi Hisham, Did you receive your ECA result? How much time did it take ? and what is the final indication on the evalation?
Thanks
Yes. I got WES result as Diploma (2 Years). Took them usual time to process it. My Diploma was Btec Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering.

mesmerizer85

Jan 1, 2018
Yes. I got WES result as Diploma (2 Years). Took them usual time to process it. My Diploma was Btec Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering.
Thanks Hisham, did you send your diploma and transcripts through Pearson/Edexcel or college?
Kindly highlight the process

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Hi Hisham, Did you receive your ECA result? How much time did it take ? and what is the final indication on the evalation?
Thanks
Yes. I got WES result as Diploma (2 Years). Took them usual time to process it. My diploma was BTEC Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering.
Thanks Hisham, did you send your diploma and transcripts through Pearson/Edexcel or college?
Kindly highlight the process
I contacted pearson uae and send them copies of my diploma through email. They attested them and I arranged pickup of the envelope through DHL from their office directly to WES.

You can also do it online by ordering a replacement certificate and mention your WES reference number in remarks. They know the process and would do the required process for you.

mesmerizer85

Jan 1, 2018
Yes. I got WES result as Diploma (2 Years). Took them usual time to process it. My diploma was BTEC Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering.

I contacted pearson uae and send them copies of my diploma through email. They attested them and I arranged pickup of the envelope through DHL from their office directly to WES.

You can also do it online by ordering a replacement certificate and mention your WES reference number in remarks. They know the process and would do the required process for you.
Aha, but then Hisham do you feel it would be cheaper sending it the way you did or through Pearson?