+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation for Edexcel

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I'm the primary applicant and am looking to get the WES evaluation for my husband's documents:
He has Edexcel Level 3 National Diploma (from a well-known college in UAE) and Edexcel Level 7 Professional Diploma (from a new institute in UAE) - the latter is a pre-MBA qualification.

My question is: Which diplomas to send, for the National Diploma? The one from Edexcel or from our college in UAE?
Also, how do I arrange for the transcripts? Can I get them sent from the college here? Atleast for the Level 3 National Diploma?

Or should I get everything sent from Edexcel and nothing from our local colleges/ institute?
For the BTEC Level 3 ND, I'm not worried because its a big college/university.... but the Level 7 is a crucial pre-MBA qualification, and that was done from an institute... but all through Edexcel/Pearson..

If I go through Edexcel (thats 43 pounds per application, plus 20 pounds for courier!), at which point can I tell them to put the WES reference?... since its an online application form and there is no space to add free text..

Any help would be much appreciated to get this moving asap!!

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes - I've been through it twice... but it seems like2 different ways..
I would like to know usually is it better to send the "notification of performance" directly from Edexcel, or the transcripts from the college? (The notification of performance only has distinction/ merit/ pass as grades -is that fine..with the explanation of the percentages?)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
Yes - I've been through it twice... but it seems like2 different ways..
I would like to know usually is it better to send the "notification of performance" directly from Edexcel, or the transcripts from the college? (The notification of performance only has distinction/ merit/ pass as grades -is that fine..with the explanation of the percentages?)
Excuse my ignorance here because I'm not intimately familiar with the rules in this case but my 2 cents nonetheless...

In the usual scheme of things, WES insists on transcripts to be obtained from (or directly sent by) the University and not the college. Extending the same logic, it would be reasonable to assume that you should approach Edexcel rather than the college.

Hope this helps. All the best!

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thankyou - looks like this is the process I will follow, just to be safe and ensure we get everything sent from a recognized awarding body.

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Thankyou - looks like this is the process I will follow, just to be safe and ensure we get everything sent from a recognized awarding body.
Hi,

Can you please advise if I can apply for BTEC Level 3 ECA and claim two or more degrees / diploma points? I already have an ECA for my bachelors degree which is equivalent to 4 years canadian bachelors degree.

Thanks a lot in advance

Reactions: nicholasLin

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hi,

Can you please advise if I can apply for BTEC Level 3 ECA and claim two or more degrees / diploma points? I already have an ECA for my bachelors degree which is equivalent to 4 years canadian bachelors degree.

Thanks a lot in advance
You can sent an email to WES regarding your query, they would be able to help you out on the same. As much as I know, the assessment of your degree to the equivalent Canadian degree/diploma is solely on WES's side to make and sadly we wont be able to predict. Good luck.

modibitar1

Feb 26, 2018
Hi All, Appreciate your advice on this :

I have +ve assessment from WES for my bachelor degree, I did also the IELTS. my current CRS is 427. I intend to take a certificate or diploma from pearson in Dubai. Does any one know if doing so could fetch me 2 degree points ? some certifications/ diploma from Edexel can take from 1- 3 months which could be great way of increasing score. Any one knows if this possible.

Thanks in advance.

Mohammed

modibitar1

Feb 26, 2018
Hi,

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi Hisham,

Im in similar situation, have you got any response on your case that you can claim 2 degrees or not?

hussainagha

May 22, 2018
I have 2 years B.com (from pakistan) and then i have UK Pearson BTec Level 7 Extended Diploma (120 Credits). is anyone have idea about it that can i get 3 years bachelor degree equivelence from WES ? need advice if anyone haev experiance regarding it. Thanks

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I have 2 years B.com (from pakistan) and then i have UK Pearson BTec Level 7 Extended Diploma (120 Credits). is anyone have idea about it that can i get 3 years bachelor degree equivelence from WES ? need advice if anyone haev experiance regarding it. Thanks
No unfortunately you wont get bahelors degree equivalency. Moreover your UK diploma may not get full time Canadian post graduate diploma equivalency either. I have done one year pgd directly studying at a UK university but was evaluated as Canadian PGD (One Semester). You will only know the outcome after you send your credentials for evaluation to WES.
Good luck!

hussainagha

May 22, 2018
No unfortunately you wont get bahelors degree equivalency. Moreover your UK diploma may not get full time Canadian post graduate diploma equivalency either. I have done one year pgd directly studying at a UK university but was evaluated as Canadian PGD (One Semester). You will only know the outcome after you send your credentials for evaluation to WES.
Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me that you also did one year diploma which contains 120 UK credits ? from which university u did that diploma. One thing more that I want to ask, am also doing MBA Top up from University of Northampton, UK. This MBA Top up contains 60 UK credits as in MBA Top up, I got exemptions of 120 UK credits for my Pearson BTEC level 7 diploma. so my question is, when I will complete this MBA Top up program then it seems WES not consider my MBA Top up as a Master's degree in canada. Because I have 2 years B.com then 120 UK credits Level 7 diploma and then 60 credits MBA Top up !
Please guide me what I have to do in order to get ECA of "TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES or DIPLOMA).

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me that you also did one year diploma which contains 120 UK credits ? from which university u did that diploma. One thing more that I want to ask, am also doing MBA Top up from University of Northampton, UK. This MBA Top up contains 60 UK credits as in MBA Top up, I got exemptions of 120 UK credits for my Pearson BTEC level 7 diploma. so my question is, when I will complete this MBA Top up program then it seems WES not consider my MBA Top up as a Master's degree in canada. Because I have 2 years B.com then 120 UK credits Level 7 diploma and then 60 credits MBA Top up !
Please guide me what I have to do in order to get ECA of "TWO OR MORE CERTIFICATES or DIPLOMA).
If you get your MBA done from a UK university and get awarded then no matter how many credits you were exempted you will receive Canadian Masters equivalency! You do not need to send any other credentials if you have masters because you will receive points for your highest credential which would be Masters in your case. Masters is already more than "two degree" points and you can potentially receive 100 skill transferability points towards your CRS score if you have minimum 3 years foreign work experience and IELTS 8777 in LRWS. When you will be creating your EE profile you will list your Masters only in education history and if you receive your ITA you will have to include other edication credential in your personal history during eAPR.

Bottom line is if you have UK Masters degree then you will receive Canadian Masters equivalency and you do not need to evaluate your bcom or edexcell diploma because you will already be above "two degree" points with Masters

Hope it helps. Good Luck!

Reactions: Darshana Dias