+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation for best score under Skill Transfer-ability factor

Mayursharma86

Jun 3, 2015
Hi,

I am a Bachelor of commerce & an MBA. In that case, as I have a Master's Degree, is it sufficient to get only my MBA degree assessed by WES or do I also need to assess my Bachelor's degree. WES website says i need to get my highest degree evaluated .

But i am bit confused as to how to score more in terms of ''Skill Transfer-ability factor'' in express entry point system where we get 25 points for Post-secondary program credential of one year or longer (levels 3,4 & 5) with CLB 9 or more

and

50 points for Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer (levels 6,7 & 8) with CLB 9 or more

please guide

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I was in a similar situation. I had both my degrees evaluate in any case. But turns out, it may not be necessary.

When I submitted my profile, just to test, I only entered my Master's degree. Voila, I got full points under skills-transferrability. I then modified my profile to add the Bachelor's and the points remained the same.

However, I don't know if after receiving ITA, they will ask for Bacherlor's evaluation also or not. From what I understand you only need it for whichever degrees you actually use to get the points, so technically not needed. But one never knows.

Mayursharma86

Jun 3, 2015
Hi..lampbreaker

thanks for the reply...that what the problem and confusion is..what if after ITA they ask for graduation evaluation too ..and within the time stipulated to file papers we may not be able to get the evaluation done...are you in talks with some agent or some expert on this matter??....as this is quite important...as this can make or break the thing..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mayursharma86 said:
Hi..lampbreaker

thanks for the reply...that what the problem and confusion is..what if after ITA they ask for graduation evaluation too ..and within the time stipulated to file papers we may not be able to get the evaluation done...are you in talks with some agent or some expert on this matter??....as this is quite important...as this can make or break the thing..
Get both assessed to be safe. You can get both assessed concurrently so you don't lose any time. WES will take 4-6 weeks to finish your assessment and that is certainly not a long delay by immigration standards.

If your MBA is assessed as equivalent to Canadian Masters degree AND you have CLB 9 in each of the 4 sections of IELTS, you'll score 50 points under Skills Transferability sub-section. What you score in the other section would depend on years of work experience.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello there,

They do ask for both Bachelors and Masters evaluation. Although it works on point calculation now BUT once you received ITA, they will ask for both the degrees evaluation. Better get it evaluated now instead of getting your application cancelled at later stage.

Hope this helps.

K