+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES-equivalent for INDIAN Diploma- 3 years & four year degree

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello,
I have done 3 years polytechnic diploma after 12th than a four-year degree.
I have already assessed my degree and got the evaluation as "Bachelor's degree (four years)" from WES.
my question is if I evaluate my 3 years polytechnic diploma will it give me an extra point for express entry, if yes how many points I can get for the diploma and degree.

Thanks,

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,
I have done 3 years polytechnic diploma after 12th than a four-year degree.
I have already assessed my degree and got the evaluation as "Bachelor's degree (four years)" from WES.
my question is if I evaluate my 3 years polytechnic diploma will it give me an extra point for express entry, if yes how many points I can get for the diploma and degree.

Thanks,
Obviously you will get two or more certificate points. Why you did not send your 3 years diploma to WES for evaluation?

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Obviously you will get two or more certificate points. Why you did not send your 3 years diploma to WES for evaluation?
Hello,
I was not knowing it, I will send it now after getting the transcript for the diploma.
do you know what are document i need to send.
do I need to attest the diploma certificate or just transcript from UBTE is enough.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,
I was not knowing it, I will send it now after getting the transcript for the diploma.
do you know what are document i need to send.
do I need to attest the diploma certificate or just transcript from UBTE is enough.
Transcripts from UBTE.

Reactions: amitkala17

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Did you get your evaluation for Diploma degree? what does it say? Thanks
Hello,
yes I got it, following are the result.
Polytechnic diploma 3 years: WES Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
Bachelor Degree/b-tech: Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Reactions: ishtiaqstudent

rohit dalal

Nov 22, 2018
Hello,
Polytechnic diploma 3 years: WES Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
so you have passed 12th means you got admisson directly in 2nd year of diploma(polytechnic) then what documents do you send for wes? Actually i done the same i have done ITI then got admission in 2nd year directly in diploma . So now my diploma will be considered as same as yours?

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018

deepika saini

Apr 29, 2018
Hello,
Hi,

I have evaluated my Bachelor's from WES and now i want to get my Diploma evaluated. What is the procedure ??
How can i upgrade my account and will i be getting new reference number??
Which reference number i need to apply for an Express Entry???

And how much extra point do we get for Diploma and Bachelor's too??

Please help

Last edited:

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi,

I have evaluated my Bachelor's from WES and now i want to get my Diploma evaluated. What is the procedure ??
How can i upgrade my account and will i be getting new reference number??
Which reference number i need to apply for an Express Entry???

And how much extra point do we get for Diploma and Bachelor's too??

Please help
Hello,

in your wes profile you will add one more qualification/degree/diploma to upgrade your report.
once wes verify your diploma, they will upgrade your report with two or more degree. so in new reference number, you will have both of your certificates.
you will apply with new refernce number that has both of your degree and diploma.

points you can check in CIC SITE. most likely you will be eligible for two or more degree with which one is more than 3 years.

dsriv05

Jan 20, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Hello Guys - Similar Question here. I have completed my Diploma and the lateral entry to second year of BE course. Can you help me whether anyone did like me? I am confused what would be equivalent to my degree course because I completed in three years (direct admission to second year, no marksheet for sem1 and sem2) . Is it equivalent to normal degree course ?

dsriv05

Jan 20, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Hello,

in your wes profile you will add one more qualification/degree/diploma to upgrade your report.
once wes verify your diploma, they will upgrade your report with two or more degree. so in new reference number, you will have both of your certificates.
you will apply with new refernce number that has both of your degree and diploma.

points you can check in CIC SITE. most likely you will be eligible for two or more degree with which one is more than 3 years.
Similar Question here. I have completed my Diploma and the lateral entry to second year of BE course. Can you help me whether anyone did like me? I am confused what would be equivalent to my degree course because I completed in three years (direct admission to second year, no marksheet for sem1 and sem2) . Is it equivalent to normal degree course ?

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
I have done a 3 year polytechnic diploma after 10th and then a Bachelor's Degree (3 years)
my WES Evaluation is
Diploma --> Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
B.Tech --> Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Could anyone Please Tell Me If I can claim points Under "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" Option ?

rv85 said:

I am exactly in same situation.
1) Did you get points for 2 degree or diploma?
2) how this information should be entered in Express entry profile under Education history. considering ECA says Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) + Bachelor's degree (four years). Should mentioned both of them 3-3 years in profile.

I got points for 2 or more...
And while creating profile you just have to select credentials from a drop down list.
Add the credentials mentioned on your ECA report

Yesterday at 10:26 PM

harjitdhir said:

I got points for 2 or more...
And while creating profile you just have to select credentials from a drop down list.
Add the credentials mentioned on your ECA report

Thanak for your reason! Appreciate it!!
In drop down there is no such option “Second school diploma and diploma 2 year).

1) should i use same for both “Bachelor or diploma from university”?
2) should I mention both 3 - 3 year? or should use 2 year for diploma and 4 years for degree per ECA?

Thanks in advance!!

rv85 said:

Thanak for your reason! Appreciate it!!
In drop down there is no such option “Second school diploma and diploma 2 year).

1) should i use same for both “Bachelor or diploma from university”?
2) should I mention both 3 - 3 year? or should use 2 year for diploma and 4 years for degree per ECA?

Thanks in advance!!

1)You only need to enter diploma and bachelor's degree.
2) That I don't know, I had mine apllied through an agent so I'm not sure what years he entered.

Wes diploma evaluation

My Wes report is as below

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering
Year: 2004
Awarded by: State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communications Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2007
Awarded by: Anna University
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Hi,

i have done 10th then 12th and then diploma and then engineering. For both diploma and engineering, it was lateral entry for me. WES sent me report as Bachelors degree four year in summary and canadian equivalency for diploma as secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years. After that i made a request to them to update summary with both qualifications. So they updated it in two days as Diploma 2 years and Bachelors Degree four years. So now i am able to select two or more options without any hesitation.

One of my friends did 3 years of diploma after 10th and completed in B.tech for 3 years. After diploma, He joined in the lateral entry in the second year directly. He got wes report summary as "Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)". When He applied for the express entry. when He selected 2 or more degrees. It takes bachelor's only. it is not taking the diploma. I have a doubt that We both did diploma in the same college. My friend did the diploma and B.Tech after 10th. I did the diploma and B.Tech After 10th, 12th. Will I get the score for My diploma and B.tech in the express entry? When I apply for the express entry. Please reply me.

My Wes report is as below

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering
Year: 2004
Awarded by: State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communications Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2007
Awarded by: Anna University
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

You can only show one ECA report, so this time include all your transcripts in respective sealed envelope from Graduation onwards. Send them all together to WES.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-diplomas-or-degrees-for-diploma-b-tech.278232/#post-4686509

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/upgrade-wes-report.537488/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-eca-for-diploma-engineering-graduates.391526/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-equivalent-for-indian-diploma-3-years.516517/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-report-two-or-more-diploma-or-degree-option.401247/

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Similar Question here. I have completed my Diploma and the lateral entry to second year of BE course. Can you help me whether anyone did like me? I am confused what would be equivalent to my degree course because I completed in three years (direct admission to second year, no marksheet for sem1 and sem2) . Is it equivalent to normal degree course ?
Dear,

Please go through above message to know about wes criteria for diploma+degree
Wes diploma - degree evaluation

Note: I have collected this info from some random posts in internet and in this site.