+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA Timeline 2020

kiranbeant

Aug 11, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
update

Documents received on 1st October 2020 sent by Guru Nanak Dev University.

Status in progress on 01/10/2020

Expected completion date was 29/10/2020

But Luckily got PDF today 13/10/2020

Evaluations
Bachelor of Science - 4 years Bachelor degree
Masters of Arts - 1 year Post graduate Diploma
( already Applied ICES for Masters )

Thanks to God and this forum .

abhgi191

Oct 19, 2020
update

Evaluations

Hi,

Can this be done without any issues? Wouldn't this conflict when applying as your WES evaluation will have your Masters as 1 year PG diploma and your ICES evaluation as Masters degree ??

Asking because I am also in the same boat and need to have my PG evaluated as Masters but it was done as 1 year PG diploma only..

Reactions: kiranbeant

kiranbeant

Aug 11, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Hi,

Can this be done without any issues? Wouldn't this conflict when applying as your WES evaluation will have your Masters as 1 year PG diploma and your ICES evaluation as Masters degree ??

Asking because I am also in the same boat and need to have my PG evaluated as Masters but it was done as 1 year PG diploma only..
Yes ,My process was very smooth . I have done 2 years masters which Evaluated as1 year PG diploma through WES . Hoping to get masters from ICES ( documents received ).

Reactions: abhgi191

Cevapi

Aug 20, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
29-09-2018
Hey, that's an answer I like; however, it was another forum and a few posts on Quora that mentioned that.
The IRCC hint for the question says "An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one. If your highest educational credential is from outside Canada, you will likely need to have it assessed. You must also submit an ECA for any other levels of completed foreign education you want us to consider (so you may earn points for them). There are certain agencies that we have approved to do them."

that underlined portion is what got me worried...

Since you guys have significantly more experience in this matter, I'd appreciate your advice: In the actual input (study/lang section), I've obviously put down the PhD entry evidenced by the ECA report. For the entries for Masters and Bachelors, do I put down that I don't have an ECA for these? That shouldn't endanger my application/points, would it? Or should I select 'Yes' for Educational Credential assessed for (master's & bachelors respectively) and then use the same ECA reference number for all three.
Now had WES done their job as advertised, these three credentials would have been on the same reference number anyway. What do you think?

Thanks, Abqalhamairi!
Basically you will enter your PHD in your PR application and enter your bachelor's and masters degree in the personal history section. The reason for that is that you are getting points for your highest degree so need to enter that only. When you upload your documents for education, upload Wes report, PHD certificate, transcripts if any and IELTS as one document. Don't need to upload masters or bachelors documents.

abhgi191

Oct 19, 2020
Yes ,My process was very smooth . I have done 2 years masters which Evaluated as1 year PG diploma through WES . Hoping to get masters from ICES ( documents received ).
So will you be asking WES to remove your Masters evaluation from the report and use the ICES one for Masters ??

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
So will you be asking WES to remove your Masters evaluation from the report and use the ICES one for Masters ??
I don't think you need to show your WES report. If its possible ask WES not to send the report to IRCC.

Reactions: kiranbeant

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Has anyone elses' status stuck in In Progress? Mine is in Evaluation in Progress since 7th October. Do I need to call them ?

Reactions: Pal12

Lemonsugar

Oct 27, 2020
Hi
So mine went to analysing and evaluating on the 19th October. Any idea when they might give me an estimated completion date. My husband got his date after 8 days. So maybe today

beckhsrules

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Finally obtained the WES report for my spouse.

Oct 5: Documents delivered to WES.
Oct 8: We are analyzing and evaluating your document(s).
Oct 21: Your documents have been accepted.
Oct 27: Completed. Was able to download the report.

Lemonsugar

Oct 27, 2020
Finally obtained the WES report for my spouse.

Oct 5: Documents delivered to WES.
Oct 8: We are analyzing and evaluating your document(s).
Oct 21: Your documents have been accepted.
Oct 27: Completed. Was able to download the report.
So if can take time for them to analyse and evaluate my husband's was on that stage then 21st went to documents accepted. It's just taking a lot of time

beckhsrules

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
So if can take time for them to analyse and evaluate my husband's was on that stage then 21st went to documents accepted. It's just taking a lot of time
Yes the timelines were quicker for me compared to my spouse. Check my post history for the exact timelines. I received my report 10 days after they started processing my application(in September though) whereas for my spouse it took around 20 days.

Lemonsugar

Oct 27, 2020
Yes the timelines were quicker for me compared to my spouse. Check my post history for the exact timelines. I received my report 10 days after they started processing my application(in September though) whereas for my spouse it took around 20 days.
Mine has been saga involving my old uni writing to complain to them. They don't know what they are doing to say the least

Pal12

Feb 26, 2020
update

Evaluations

My status shows in progress too but no completion date. Do you mind telling me where i can find this date?