Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Sep 4: Documents delivered to WES.
Sep 16: We are processing a new package or document for your application.
Sep 17: We are analyzing and evaluating your document(s).
Sep 25: Your report is under final review.
Sep 28: Completed. Was able to download the report.

Reactions: ErinB67

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
Country of education: the Netherlands

August 31: waiting for doc
Sept 11: We are analyzing and evaluating your document(s).
Sept 17: The estimated completion date of your evaluation is 10/15/2020
Hoping I will get the report before the next FSW draw
Country of education: the Netherlands

August 31: waiting for doc
Sept 11: We are analyzing and evaluating your document(s).
Sept 17: The estimated completion date of your evaluation is 10/15/2020
Sept 28: final review
Sept 28: report ready

Last edited:

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Created Profile : 21st Sept
Doc delivered: 28th Sept

Does anyone know how long it is taking now to change status from Awaiting Documents to Processing

I am only evaluating my masters from France. They sent the transcripts via courier and I was asked to upload the degree certificate online.

ErinB67

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019

Does anyone know how long it is taking now to change status from Awaiting Documents to Processing

I am only evaluating my masters from France. They sent the transcripts via courier and I was asked to upload the degree certificate online.
around 2 weeks

sbayes

Sep 24, 2020

Mine were delivered electronically, and it took them about 1 week to say that they had been delivered. From the 16th September Delivery to the 23rd.

Ypatil

Oct 5, 2020
So here's a topic I haven't been able to track down here: WES downgrading ECA request to just the highest degree (PhD)
WES account created: 29th Sept 2020
Documents wired to WES: 29th/30th Sept
Decision letter: 2nd Oct 2020, downloaded 5th Oct
Update email from WES: 1st Oct as follows -
"We will proceed with your ECA based on the highest recognized educational credential submitted as part of your application. When we complete your ECA report, it will be electronically accessible by IRCC. This process will minimize delays to your Express Entry application. Please note: When WES resumes full operations, you may request an updated ECA report that includes assessment of all credentials included in your application for assessment. "

I don't get it. Will IRCC respect WES's decision to only validate my PhD? The IRCC portal says I need to get an ECA for all credentials if I want to benefit from the full points. I obviously have to enter details of my Masters and Bachelors on the EE application. I've asked WES for an explanation, but has anyone else experienced this? If so, how much risk do I face from IRCC for missing ECA for my previous degrees?

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
So here's a topic I haven't been able to track down here: WES downgrading ECA request to just the highest degree (PhD)
WES account created: 29th Sept 2020
Documents wired to WES: 29th/30th Sept
Decision letter: 2nd Oct 2020, downloaded 5th Oct
Update email from WES: 1st Oct as follows -
"We will proceed with your ECA based on the highest recognized educational credential submitted as part of your application. When we complete your ECA report, it will be electronically accessible by IRCC. This process will minimize delays to your Express Entry application. Please note: When WES resumes full operations, you may request an updated ECA report that includes assessment of all credentials included in your application for assessment. "

I don't get it. Will IRCC respect WES's decision to only validate my PhD? The IRCC portal says I need to get an ECA for all credentials if I want to benefit from the full points. I obviously have to enter details of my Masters and Bachelors on the EE application. I've asked WES for an explanation, but has anyone else experienced this? If so, how much risk do I face from IRCC for missing ECA for my previous degrees?
Who told you that in order to have full points you need to enter your masters and bachelors? You dont! Your highest qualification is enough, in your case, its PhD.

Ypatil

Oct 5, 2020
Who told you that in order to have full points you need to enter your masters and bachelors? You dont! Your highest qualification is enough, in your case, its PhD.
Hey, that's an answer I like; however, it was another forum and a few posts on Quora that mentioned that.
The IRCC hint for the question says "An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one. If your highest educational credential is from outside Canada, you will likely need to have it assessed. You must also submit an ECA for any other levels of completed foreign education you want us to consider (so you may earn points for them). There are certain agencies that we have approved to do them."

that underlined portion is what got me worried...

Since you guys have significantly more experience in this matter, I'd appreciate your advice: In the actual input (study/lang section), I've obviously put down the PhD entry evidenced by the ECA report. For the entries for Masters and Bachelors, do I put down that I don't have an ECA for these? That shouldn't endanger my application/points, would it? Or should I select 'Yes' for Educational Credential assessed for (master's & bachelors respectively) and then use the same ECA reference number for all three.
Now had WES done their job as advertised, these three credentials would have been on the same reference number anyway. What do you think?

Thanks, Abqalhamairi!

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
Does anyone know if WES is still sending hard copy reports? I thought I’ve seen somewhere that they aren’t because of covid situation(?)

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hey, that's an answer I like; however, it was another forum and a few posts on Quora that mentioned that.
The IRCC hint for the question says "An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one. If your highest educational credential is from outside Canada, you will likely need to have it assessed. You must also submit an ECA for any other levels of completed foreign education you want us to consider (so you may earn points for them). There are certain agencies that we have approved to do them."

that underlined portion is what got me worried...

Since you guys have significantly more experience in this matter, I'd appreciate your advice: In the actual input (study/lang section), I've obviously put down the PhD entry evidenced by the ECA report. For the entries for Masters and Bachelors, do I put down that I don't have an ECA for these? That shouldn't endanger my application/points, would it? Or should I select 'Yes' for Educational Credential assessed for (master's & bachelors respectively) and then use the same ECA reference number for all three.
Now had WES done their job as advertised, these three credentials would have been on the same reference number anyway. What do you think?

Thanks, Abqalhamairi!
Hey man! You dont have to input your masters and bachelors degree in your application. Only your PhD. If you dont input them, IRCC will not ask for their respective ECA.
kindly understand, that you only gain the maximum points for education when you submit your PhD alone. This is enough. No extra marks will be given for your masters or your bachelors, hence, you dont have to enlist them in your application or do any ECA for them.

Ypatil

Oct 5, 2020
Hey man! You dont have to input your masters and bachelors degree in your application. Only your PhD. If you dont input them, IRCC will not ask for their respective ECA.
kindly understand, that you only gain the maximum points for education when you submit your PhD alone. This is enough. No extra marks will be given for your masters or your bachelors, hence, you dont have to enlist them in your application or do any ECA for them.
Got it. I think I'll take your advice, thank you!

Sandeep965

Jan 9, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone Please advice on this one

Asking this for my cousin, he’s applying for WES for his Diploma of Hotel Management from a college in Melbourne, Australia. The college from where he completed his studies in 2008 is closed now. At where he should apply for transcripts

please tell what can be done in this case?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022

Update:

7/10/202 - Evaluation in progress.

Any idea how long to move to next step?