+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA Timeline 2020

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
I would like to know, in the current situation how long is WES taking to do the ECA. I have seen some people getting it in 2 days but some are still waiting until december.
Can anyone give their update from May or June onwards

Reactions: U3691kamaka

KandT

Apr 28, 2020
There are delays in processing of physical documents, for example, its been a month for us and the document has not yet been scanned and acknowledged as received.

According to the below thread; On 15 June 2020, WES were processing acceptance of documents receipt of documents between 30 Mar - 03 April, but this might be the worst of it as more and more staff are returning to work each week, so we should see some quicker processing turnarounds.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-timeline-tracking-2019.610745/page-234

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
There are delays in processing of physical documents, for example, its been a month for us and the document has not yet been scanned and acknowledged as received.

According to the below thread; On 15 June 2020, WES were processing acceptance of documents receipt of documents between 30 Mar - 03 April, but this might be the worst of it as more and more staff are returning to work each week, so we should see some quicker processing turnarounds.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-timeline-tracking-2019.610745/page-234
It would see that those sent in May would take another 2 months to be received

KandT

Apr 28, 2020
No it won’t, It will be quicker because more people will be coming back to work, so there ought to be an exponential increase in how many files get processed in a day. Stay positive.

htanya3000

Jun 24, 2020
I used the 'my eQuals' route which I highly recommend if you studied at a university with access to My eQuals:

Sent documents to WES via MyEquals: 10 June 2020
WES acknowledged receiving the documents: 14 June 2020
WES estimated completion date: 11 July 2020
WES actual completion date: 16 June 2020.

I guess I am one of the blessed ones. Mine took 2 days from their date of acknowledgement of receiving documents. They never sent back an email to tell me the assessment was complete however. I just logged in today and found out it was completed 8 days ago.

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
I used the 'my eQuals' route which I highly recommend if you studied at a university with access to My eQuals:

Sent documents to WES via MyEquals: 10 June 2020
WES acknowledged receiving the documents: 14 June 2020
WES estimated completion date: 11 July 2020
WES actual completion date: 16 June 2020.

I guess I am one of the blessed ones. Mine took 2 days from their date of acknowledgement of receiving documents. They never sent back an email to tell me the assessment was complete however. I just logged in today and found out it was completed 8 days ago.
Oh wow, that was quick. Unfortunately, my university does not have any electronic transmission method. This is like most universities. So thats whya most people having such difficulties. May i ask which was your university?

htanya3000

Jun 24, 2020
Oh wow, that was quick. Unfortunately, my university does not have any electronic transmission method. This is like most universities. So thats whya most people having such difficulties. May i ask which was your university?
I can understand. My friend going through the Canadian immigration process with me studied at a school without WES electronic submission option and she has been waiting for her evaluation for almost 3 months now. I studied at a university in Queensland, Australia. Sincerely hope you get a response soon.

AlexB1234

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hello all,
I hope you can help me with an advice. WES require me to send my original degrees to them (for my country university will not send my degrees to WES, I am the only one who have the only one original copy of degrees), but in my account I don't have "International courier" option available, only the standard one. I'm wondering how I will received my degrees back since international shipping is not available this period and since I can't change delivery option after I pay the fees. The report is not a problem because I can use the PDF they send me but I need my original degrees back. Did someone faced this issue during COVID-19 period?

Reactions: midari

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
wes doesnt ask you to send the original degrees. the only option is for the university to send them to you or to wes directly

AlexB1234

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
For my country the situation is different. This is what I get from required documents section:
Degree Certificate
What you need to do:
Please provide the original document to the National Centre for Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas (CNRED) for authentication. You then send this verified original document to WES. For more information on the authentication procedure please click here.

Please note:
  • WES returns original academic documents submitted to us upon completion of the evaluation.

KandT

Apr 28, 2020
For my country the situation is different. This is what I get from required documents section:
Degree Certificate
What you need to do:
Please provide the original document to the National Centre for Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas (CNRED) for authentication. You then send this verified original document to WES. For more information on the authentication procedure please click here.

Please note:
  • WES returns original academic documents submitted to us upon completion of the evaluation.
Seems quite clear, didn't know they ask for originals - Have you tried messaging or calling WES to inquire why you dont have the option for international courier in your account. I would also be concerned about reliable return of my original documents.

AlexB1234

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Seems quite clear, didn't know they ask for originals - Have you tried messaging or calling WES to inquire why you dont have the option for international courier in your account. I would also be concerned about reliable return of my original documents.
I have sent them messages several times but I received nothing until now. Normally they return the original degrees in the same time with your hard copy of your ECA. All of my co-nationals who sent their degrees to WES have received them with international courier in a few days after the evaluation was completed. But in this situation WES has this update on their website: "We have suspended all expedited and international delivery services effective immediately until further notice."

Niyiid

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-20
IELTS Request
07-12-19
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
I finally received my WES ECA report today. After 5months.The delay is actually from my institution and not WES.

Niyiid

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-20
IELTS Request
07-12-19
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Hello all,
I hope you can help me with an advice. WES require me to send my original degrees to them (for my country university will not send my degrees to WES, I am the only one who have the only one original copy of degrees), but in my account I don't have "International courier" option available, only the standard one. I'm wondering how I will received my degrees back since international shipping is not available this period and since I can't change delivery option after I pay the fees. The report is not a problem because I can use the PDF they send me but I need my original degrees back. Did someone faced this issue during COVID-19 period?
You were expected to send the photocopy of the original degree certificates and not the original copies. I do not know if WES would agree to send your certificates back to you.