+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA Timeline 2020

AlexB1234

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
You were expected to send the photocopy of the original degree certificates and not the original copies. I do not know if WES would agree to send your certificates back to you.
This is what I get from the required documents section:
Degree Certificate
What you need to do:
Please provide the original document to the National Centre for Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas (CNRED) for authentication. You then send this verified original document to WES. For more information on the authentication procedure please click here.

Please note:
  • WES returns original academic documents submitted to us upon completion of the evaluation.

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
I finally received my WES ECA report today. After 5months.The delay is actually from my institution and not WES.
when did your documents gets accepted by Wes? Currently they are opening packages delivered in first week of April. So all the docs after that are still unopened and will be delayed for maybe 3 more months

Igor_K

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Could anyone explain me a little their process? I hear that sometimes the reason of the delay of the evaluation is dicomittment of the univercity. What does it mean? WES sends to the univercities a request via post and wait for an answer from them? Does WES inform the clients that they requested something from the uni so that the clients could expedite and push the uni for an answer?

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Could anyone explain me a little their process? I hear that sometimes the reason of the delay of the evaluation is dicomittment of the univercity. What does it mean? WES sends to the univercities a request via post and wait for an answer from them? Does WES inform the clients that they requested something from the uni so that the clients could expedite and push the uni for an answer?
Wes might check with the university but they don’t inform us. It’s communication between Wes and the university

Igor_K

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Wes might check with the university but they don’t inform us. It’s communication between Wes and the university
Thank you. It is both reassuring and frightening. Reassuring because they might not request anything. Frightening because I fear my university will take ages to answer to a request in a foreign language.

Currently they are opening packages delivered in first week of April.
Is this confirmed that they go through the April files now or just a speculation?

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Thank you. It is both reassuring and frightening. Reassuring because they might not request anything. Frightening because I fear my university will take ages to answer to a request in a foreign language.

Is this confirmed that they go through the April files now or just a speculation?
It was mentioned by another member who got in contact with Wes by phone

Ankurpno

May 11, 2019
Hi guys,
I have a suggestion for all those who are still waiting for their documents being delivered to WES or being acknowledged by WES.
I had created WES account for upgrading my report from bachelors to masters.
My univ. sent the documents in early March and then due to lock down things got messed up.
I got my documents delivered yesterday, but during the mean time i had uploaded all the documents like degree certificate and mark sheets along with Bachelors WES report and even Bachelors degree and marks sheet in their portal (There is an option to upload documents)
I have saved 1-2 weeks of verification process. In general once WES receives your transcripts then it takes 1-2 weeks to verify them and then start processing it. If you upload your documents then WES verify these transcripts instantly hence saving atleast 1-2 weeks time.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hi guys,
I have a suggestion for all those who are still waiting for their documents being delivered to WES or being acknowledged by WES.
I had created WES account for upgrading my report from bachelors to masters.
My univ. sent the documents in early March and then due to lock down things got messed up.
I got my documents delivered yesterday, but during the mean time i had uploaded all the documents like degree certificate and mark sheets along with Bachelors WES report and even Bachelors degree and marks sheet in their portal (There is an option to upload documents)
I have saved 1-2 weeks of verification process. In general once WES receives your transcripts then it takes 1-2 weeks to verify them and then start processing it. If you upload your documents then WES verify these transcripts instantly hence saving atleast 1-2 weeks time.
Were your certificates listed as required documents? WES said 'If degree certificates and/or translations are listed in your Required Documents, you can upload copies of these documents in your account in PDF or JPEG format. '
I'm worried that it may be rejected as I don't have those listed in my required docs section.

Ankurpno

May 11, 2019
Were your certificates listed as required documents? WES said 'If degree certificates and/or translations are listed in your Required Documents, you can upload copies of these documents in your account in PDF or JPEG format. '
I'm worried that it may be rejected as I don't have those listed in my required docs section.
Whatever documents your academic institution has sent, Just upload original copies of those. I am sure they must have sent verified Degree certificate and marks sheet and you must be having a scanned copy of the same