+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA Query

MSan

Jan 22, 2015
I am applying for Canada visa from India, did B.E in Computers from India. This is my understanding to send documents to WES for ECA:
1) Get photocopies of all the 4 years mark sheets + Degree Certificate attested by University Controller of Exam or Registrar's office
2) Get photocopy of 12th grade mark sheet attested by C.B.S.E (Examination Board).
3) All the documents to contain WES Reference Number.
4) Get the documents sealed by University and CBSE Board respectively (so 2 envelopes).
5) I place these 2 envelopes in one big envelop and courier to WES.

Is this process correct?

Do I need to get transcripts of my mark sheets done, does WES need transcript also along with the above documents?

ei8hteen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
WES ECA:

Applied: January 15, from within Canada,
Envelope sent: January 16, 2015

I see "Documents received - review in progress" in Order Details, but
Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) Not Received
University-Issued Mark Sheets Not Received
in Required documents page.

I'm working in Canada, completed B.Engg. from Mumbai in 2011. I had photocopies of all my marksheets signed by registrar of my college but not in an envelope. I got my degree certificate in 2012. I sent photocopies of my marksheet (attested, but not in a seperate envelope) and degree certificate (unattested) together in one envelope. Am I ok?

Thanks,

happy16

Jul 13, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
ei8hteen said:
WES ECA:

I'm working in Canada, completed B.Engg. from Mumbai in 2011. I had photocopies of all my marksheets signed by registrar of my college but not in an envelope. I got my degree certificate in 2012. I sent photocopies of my marksheet (attested, but not in a seperate envelope) and degree certificate (unattested) together in one envelope. Am I ok?

Thanks,
:-\ even mine shows same!! On order page, mine showed Documents received-review in progress 2 days after documents were received, and later was changed to just Review in progress and shows same even now...

however under documents received page, shows all as Not received red sign!! :eek:

And it's been easily more than 48hours (documents were received on 14th Jan), max time stated by WES on same page as time to process documents and update status!!

Guys, any inputs!! I have sent all required docs as required by WES

aliakbar.t

Jan 19, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
(WVo)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Nomination.....
03-03-15 (PER)
AOR Received.
15-04-15
File Transfer...
15-05-15 (SLU)
Med's Request
19-05-15
Med's Done....
Meds Uploaded 8th June, TLU (11th June)
Interview........
Re-Meds 29-06-16
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
ei8hteen said:
WES ECA:

Thanks,
You need to put all the documents in a sealed envelope. The envelope has to be sealed by the university.

You need to submit the photocopies of all the marksheets + Convocation certificate. These photocopies need to be attested by the registrat of the university.

girish3640

Jun 5, 2014
Guys,my eca has been completed,but there is minor spelling mistake in my surname,is that a problem while filing application???If its a problem can any one suggests how to fix it??

Thanks
Girish

marvinsam

Jan 23, 2015
marvinsam said:
Am currently in Nigeria, I got a B.sc from OAU and a master degree from UK. How do I compile these documents and send to Wes? I currently got both certificates here with me.

Since the application need to be sent with transcript from school as well as certificates. School will be sending the transcript directly to WES. My question now is that can I send the certificates seperately or can I ask the schools to send the transcripts to me individually, and I then pakage them with certificates and send to WES myself?

Regards
Marvin

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aliakbar.t said:
You need to put all the documents in a sealed envelope. The envelope has to be sealed by the university.

You need to submit the photocopies of all the marksheets + Convocation certificate. These photocopies need to be attested by the registrat of the university.
Photocopies of convocation certificate need not be attested.

Amitmeet

Jan 15, 2015
Hi Guys,

My is query is related to sending the university attested marks sheets to the WES. I want the evaluation report of both my Graduation Degree and Master Degree as well as my spouse/wife Graduation Degree and Master Degree. Can I send both the separate envelopes issued by the respective universities with WES Reference Numbers (Two different Numbers in our case) mentioned on them in a single envelop to WES in Canada? Some one please guide as we have got our transcripts as well as attested marks sheets but I am not sending across to WES as I don't have the clarity about the doubt mentioned above.

Kindly guide...

V_Kaneda

Jan 24, 2015
Hi Team,

I have applied for WES for my MCA (3 years from PTU - full time) and B.Sc (NM) (Full time - 3 years).

My Query is, what I'll be getting from WES?
Masters degree for my MCA and Bachelors degree for B.Sc ?

Please advise

Thanks in advance

V_Kaneda

Jan 24, 2015
Hi Team,

Is it mandatory to receive WES education assessment before submitting electronic Express Entry profile? I have masters and I know I'll be receiving masters from WES, but since WES is taking long ... can I save time on that front?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance for the reply

newGirl_sk

Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
R-9,L-9,S-8,W-7.5
Med's Done....
15-04-2016
V_Kaneda said:
Hi Team,

I have applied for WES for my MCA (3 years from PTU - full time) and B.Sc (NM) (Full time - 3 years).

My Query is, what I'll be getting from WES?
Masters degree for my MCA and Bachelors degree for B.Sc ?

Please advise

Thanks in advance
Hi V_Kaneda,

Check the degree equivalency tool on WES website. It gives an estimate of how WES might assess your documents.

My sis has done her MA(2 years) and BA(3 years), so her total assessment was equivalent to 4 years Bachelors Degree.

So not necessary that your Masters will be equivalent to a Canadian Masters. Just check their website tool, you will get a better idea.

newGirl_sk

Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
R-9,L-9,S-8,W-7.5
Med's Done....
15-04-2016
V_Kaneda said:
Hi Team,

Is it mandatory to receive WES education assessment before submitting electronic Express Entry profile? I have masters and I know I'll be receiving masters from WES, but since WES is taking long ... can I save time on that front?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance for the reply
You need a WES reference number to be able to complete and submit your profile. If you have a WES reference for your bachelors then go ahead and use that. But if you don't then I guess you will have to wait for the report.

newGirl_sk

Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
R-9,L-9,S-8,W-7.5
Med's Done....
15-04-2016
happy16 said:
:-\ even mine shows same!! On order page, mine showed Documents received-review in progress 2 days after documents were received, and later was changed to just Review in progress and shows same even now...

however under documents received page, shows all as Not received red sign!! :eek:

And it's been easily more than 48hours (documents were received on 14th Jan), max time stated by WES on same page as time to process documents and update status!!

Guys, any inputs!! I have sent all required docs as required by WES
Hi Happy,

Try calling them or sending an email. Better to follow up ASAP.

newGirl_sk

Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
R-9,L-9,S-8,W-7.5
Med's Done....
15-04-2016
rubyracer said:
How much time does ECA take generally?
After they received my documents, mine took about 18-20 days of evaluation period. I got my WES assessment done in October.
But I hear they are speeding up their assessment in January, and people have got theirs within a week also.