+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA : How WES checks if college sent the documents directly?

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019
Recently I asked my college to send marksheet to WES.
They did everything as told.
But after review I got an update from WES saying my marksheet is NOT ACCEPTED because it wasn't sent to WES directly by the institution.

Reason: WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.
Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

I called and told them that the college did directly send it. But they are not accepting.
I don't understand on what basis they decided that someone else sent the docs.

So I want to know how they decide who the source of the documents is?
My college fedexed my docs. If they had handed over the sealed envelope to me I would have also fedexed it. I don't see any difference between me sending it and the college sending it.
So how do they tell the difference?

kushalmodi90

Jan 4, 2019
Hello.

You need to check if your marksheets and degree needs to be University attested. This is most likely to be the case if your college is not autonomous.

Could you share some details about your college and university?

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019
Hello.

You need to check if your marksheets and degree needs to be University attested. This is most likely to be the case if your college is not autonomous.

no this is not the reason. if that was the case their given reason would specifically say that it should come from the university and not college.
i have seen posts where people have had their docs rejected with that "university, not college" reason. it is pretty specific.
i'm from one of the NITs. the problem here is the way my college is sending the docs. the envelope is perfect. i checked the contents and the seals and signatures myself, everything is correct.
before this Dec 1, 2018 rule change everything was perfect. a lot of people from my college send docs, even the admin knows the procedures. the only thing was that the students themselves used to courier. that is the only thing that has changed now. WES is well aware of my college.
i think they are messing up with the couriers. they are probably not writing the "FROM / SENDER" details properly or something like that.
can't pinpoint on what basis WES thinks that the college didn't send docs directly.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
WES have recently changed their documents requirements for India and they do require Universities to send them to WES. It's better to just follow the instructions as is on here : https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

ECA is the easiest part about moving to Canada. Just stick to what is wrote there and you will be just fine

Goodluck :)

IeltsDream2019

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
WES have recently changed their documents requirements for India and they do require Universities to send them to WES. It's better to just follow the instructions as is on here : https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

ECA is the easiest part about moving to Canada. Just stick to what is wrote there and you will be just fine

Goodluck :)
Ironically it's being made the hardest part! My university doesn't send marksheet to anybody, they say they do send only transcripts! Has anybody tackled this situation? I did my MCA from UPTU LUCKNOW

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Ironically it's being made the hardest part! My university doesn't send marksheet to anybody, they say they do send only transcripts! Has anybody tackled this situation? I did my MCA from UPTU LUCKNOW
You can try this .. but again DON'T TAKE IT FROM ME .. you can ask them to do what they would do which put everything required in one evelope ,have it stamped on the flaps and send it yourself using their address in the sender details on the airway bill.

I didn't do it myself beacuse I didn't have too, but some members here have done it and it may go just fine.

mouserat

Jan 17, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2019
WES checks the following:

1) The envelope. Make sure u don't put ur envelope in the courier's envelope and then send. Please directly send the sealed and stamped envelope given to u by ur college, without putting it in any other courier or personal envelope.
2) They check if the seal is broken or not. Make sure u don't tamper with the seal. Ask ur college officials to stamp across the seal, not just on the flap.
3) They check the sender address on the shipping label. Every courier service staples a shipping label to the envelope. This is where the sender details will be there. Make sure the sender is "Registrar, Address of ur college." If u are asked to sign on the shipping paper sign as ur Registrar. Actually this signing part might not matter anyway.
4) Ensure no personal details on the shipping label.

Also I did not send my docs from the same city as my college, still they got accepted.
Clearly WES people just blindly look for 1/2 things on the envelope and decide.
And yes i created my account for Dec 1, 2018.

Sunil MN

Aug 16, 2018
Hi Brother,

Even i faced same issue currently. I have few queries regarding the WES and overall Canada Immigration. Can you provide your contact number or email address so that we can get in touch to share the inputs.

Recently I asked my college to send marksheet to WES.
They did everything as told.
But after review I got an update from WES saying my marksheet is NOT ACCEPTED because it wasn't sent to WES directly by the institution.

Reason: WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.
Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

I called and told them that the college did directly send it. But they are not accepting.
I don't understand on what basis they decided that someone else sent the docs.

So I want to know how they decide who the source of the documents is?
My college fedexed my docs. If they had handed over the sealed envelope to me I would have also fedexed it. I don't see any difference between me sending it and the college sending it.
So how do they tell the difference?

Khalid81

Jan 16, 2020
I too received the same comments from WES, although they accepted my Degree/Provisional certificate, but rejected Statement of Marks with the below reason

My University say that they sent all documents in 1 single envelope. I'm wondering how can WES accept some and reject other documents. Any help/guidance in this regards will be highly appreciated.

Jul 25, 2018
Hi Brother,

Even i faced same issue currently. I have few queries regarding the WES and overall Canada Immigration. Can you provide your contact number or email address so that we can get in touch to share the inputs.

What reply/email to give them on this ?

Please guide
Thank you

Jul 25, 2018
Hello.

I also got similar answer yesterday from WES
What reply or have to email them ?
What email we have send them?
What to do next?

jgr00000

Dec 23, 2019
Can you please help me what I should do? I got the email as "WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES." I am not sure what to do as my university sent them directly. My university is IIT.

Aji11

Dec 7, 2019
Do you have to send your bachelors transcripts to WES as well if you have completed bachelors from India and master’s from Canada?