+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA : How WES checks if college sent the documents directly?

jgr00000

Dec 23, 2019
Update: My marksheet from college had actually not reached them. Instead I had sent my marksheet along with my degree and they were saying that as being not directly received. When they received one from college a few days later, they accepted it.

saloniba

Jan 5, 2020
I too received the same comments from WES, although they accepted my Degree/Provisional certificate, but rejected Statement of Marks with the below reason

Reason: WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.

My University say that they sent all documents in 1 single envelope. I'm wondering how can WES accept some and reject other documents. Any help/guidance in this regards will be highly appreciated.
[
no this is not the reason. if that was the case their given reason would specifically say that it should come from the university and not college.
i have seen posts where people have had their docs rejected with that "university, not college" reason. it is pretty specific.
i'm from one of the NITs. the problem here is the way my college is sending the docs. the envelope is perfect. i checked the contents and the seals and signatures myself, everything is correct.
before this Dec 1, 2018 rule change everything was perfect. a lot of people from my college send docs, even the admin knows the procedures. the only thing was that the students themselves used to courier. that is the only thing that has changed now. WES is well aware of my college.
i think they are messing up with the couriers. they are probably not writing the "FROM / SENDER" details properly or something like that.
can't pinpoint on what basis WES thinks that the college didn't send docs directly.
I am facing the exact same issue. I am from an NIT as well and the college is asking to sent the courier by ourselves. Did you find any way out?

saloniba

Jan 5, 2020
Recently I asked my college to send marksheet to WES.
They did everything as told.
But after review I got an update from WES saying my marksheet is NOT ACCEPTED because it wasn't sent to WES directly by the institution.

Reason: WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.
Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

I called and told them that the college did directly send it. But they are not accepting.
I don't understand on what basis they decided that someone else sent the docs.

So I want to know how they decide who the source of the documents is?
My college fedexed my docs. If they had handed over the sealed envelope to me I would have also fedexed it. I don't see any difference between me sending it and the college sending it.
So how do they tell the difference?
Did you find any solution yet?

Khalid81

Jan 16, 2020
I too received the same comments from WES, although they accepted my Degree/Provisional certificate, but rejected Statement of Marks with the below reason

My University say that they sent all documents in 1 single envelope. I'm wondering how can WES accept some and reject other documents. Any help/guidance in this regards will be highly appreciated.
I figured out the issue in my case. The Handler at University couriered the Sealed envelope from a different Zip Code as compared to where my University is based (although the distance between both locations was just 5kms). But due to different Zip Code, it gave enough reason to believe that the envelope was not posted by the University themselves. Unfortunately, now I've to do the process once again now, which means another 3 months of painful waiting

Spsathees

Jun 23, 2020
But after review I got an update from WES saying my marksheet is NOT ACCEPTED because it wasn't sent to WES directly by the institution.

Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

I called and told them that the college did directly send it. But they are not accepting.

My college fedexed my docs. If they had handed over the sealed envelope to me I would have also fedexed it. I don't see any difference between me sending it and the college sending it.

HI,

I am facing the same above problem which was mentioned above by you but in my case out of 4 documents 3 documents accepted nevertheless for 1 document not accepted which is Bsc Consolidated Marksheet and they gave the above reason .

Kindly Guide me, What about your status now

jinzkjoseph

Dec 23, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Hi Brother,

Even i faced same issue currently. I have few queries regarding the WES and overall Canada Immigration. Can you provide your contact number or email address so that we can get in touch to share the inputs.

Can someone help me on this?? I am facing the same issue with WES, Univerity confirming that they have sent all the docs correctly. Except the B.com Mark list, all other documents accepted. (Accepted are B.com Final Certifcate, M.com Mark list and Final Certificate) University: Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam Kerala

Khalid81

Jan 16, 2020
I figured out the issue in my case. The Handler at University couriered the Sealed envelope from a different Zip Code as compared to where my University is based (although the distance between both locations was just 5kms). But due to different Zip Code, it gave enough reason to believe that the envelope was not posted by the University themselves. Unfortunately, now I've to do the process once again now, which means another 3 months of painful waiting
30th July 2020: Quick update on my issue. I made sure this time my University couriers the documents thru the same Zip Code. WES got my documents and they approved my documents this time. So key is to make sure you courier the documents using the same Zip Code as your university

Vijayjv

Jan 19, 2021
I exactly had the same issue. My Provisional Certificate was accepted but the Marksheets were not accepted for the same reason mentioned in this forum. I then Contacted my service provider who helped me to get the transcript work done for me and they replied back saying the courier was sent from the university directly so inform the same to WES. I did the same through ‘Contact Us’ (Under Accounts Menu) option and also called them directly to convey the same. They understood and the next day they changed it to in Progress status. I recommend people to follow the same and get this sorted out. I know its a lengthy process to send the documents to WES.