+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA - For Diploma + Engineering Graduates

fredybouy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Hi,
My qualification is exactly same as yours. I got the ECA done last year and the following is the outcome:
Diploma --> Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
B.Tech --> Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Regards,
Raja
Does this mean you got a dual degree evaluation or regular bachelor degree evaluation. Mine is a similar case.

poonam1111

Nov 1, 2018
Hi,

i have done 10th then 12th and then diploma and then engineering. For both diploma and engineering, it was lateral entry for me. WES sent me report as Bachelors degree four year in summary and canadian equivalency for diploma as secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years. After that i made a request to them to update summary with both qualifications. So they updated it in two days as Diploma 2 years and Bachelors Degree four years. So now i am able to select two or more options without any hesitation.
Any confirmation in your case, if we can select two or more degrees option ? I have the same case.

Sourav

Feb 26, 2011
For me the evaluation was:

Diploma (3 years): got evaluated as Secondary School Diploma and Diploma (2 years)

Bachelor of Engineering (3 years): Bachelor's Degree (4 years)

So, you may send the required documents to WES for evaluation and wait for the outcome. Also, you can try to see preliminary assessment option on WES website.

Thanks
Hi
Using above result have you selected twor or more degree option or just Bachelor degree? Please Reply

Sourav

Feb 26, 2011
For me the evaluation was:

Diploma (3 years): got evaluated as Secondary School Diploma and Diploma (2 years)

Bachelor of Engineering (3 years): Bachelor's Degree (4 years)

So, you may send the required documents to WES for evaluation and wait for the outcome. Also, you can try to see preliminary assessment option on WES website.

Thanks
Hi
You were able to select two or more degree oprion?

Sourav

Feb 26, 2011
Bingo. Similar was my case and I woke up only 8 months too late. Please write to WES at the earliest so that it will help speed things up.

PS: Please avoid consultants as far as possible. Speaking from personal experience (wasted money + time due to lack of consultant knowledge)
Hi you were able to get score based on diploma and degree for two or more degree? 10>>Diploma 3 years >> B.Tech 3 year?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi
You were able to select two or more degree oprion?

Based on his summary, he should get it. I have similar summary and got two or more category.

Love_mehra

Nov 18, 2018
Hi,
Just an info...Always send all the transcripts to WES including Diploma. As WES considers Diploma as a degree, you will get a ECA as Dual Degree.Also it avoids confusion of the missing 1 year in your bachelors.I had got my ECA for both Diploma and Bachelors in Engineering.
Hi
I m having the same qualification and thinking of getting ECA done. I have few doubt. How to get dual degree evaluation from this qualification.
Please help me bro. Please provide your contact. TIA

Aashu5212

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
I have done one year IT diploma after 10 from Punjab infotech (Cal-C) .after my 12 I got lateral entry in BCA in 2sem.how can I start my Wes process plz guide me .what will be my result.po guide

rv85

Nov 18, 2018
i have a similar case.After completing my 12th ,I joined diploma which is a three year course ,but i joined as a lateral entry for two years starting 2006 ,later i joined engineering which is a four year course ,again i joined as a lateral entry in which i did for 3 years and passed out by 2011.

So what would be my Years attended "from" and "to" section for both the courses.Is it the batch attended 2005-2008(Diploma) or years attended 2006-2008.Similarly for degree 2007-2011 or 2008-2011.

Please help .
hi arulselvan - I exactly have the same question and in same boat. Can you please clarify whether you got answer for your query. I do have same concern while filling information in Express entry.

rv85

Nov 18, 2018
Could anybody please help know what should be entered for both diploma and degree in EE profile?

Diploma - 2001 - 2004
BTech - 2004 - 2007 (lateral entry)

1) Start and end period?
2) # of years for both ? (3/3 or 2/4)
3) both should be selected as Bachelor or diploma from university in drop down?

shubhankar

Oct 29, 2018
yes Brother, I assure you It is possible, Check your PM for details.
Hi hopeandfaith, can you please let me know if there is any specific procedure, or do i need to get in touch with wes via email to get my wes report as diploma (2 years) and deegree(4 years) if i have diploma (3years) + degree (3 years lateral entry) after my 10th.

rohit dalal

Nov 22, 2018
I am Lateral entry in diploma - studied 2 years (3 year course)
Also Later entry in Bachelors degree - Studied 3 years (4 year course)

My WES is
Diploma --> Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
what document you send for wes your diploma and degree transcripts or your 12th as well? i have same case I am Lateral entry in diploma - studied 2 years (3 year course) but i have done 1 year ITI course from a private institute.

rohit dalal

Nov 22, 2018
I am Lateral entry in diploma - studied 2 years (3 year course)
Also Later entry in Bachelors degree - Studied 3 years (4 year course)

My WES is
what you fill in wes three years course or two years study? for diploma

rohit dalal

Nov 22, 2018
Hi,

i have done 10th then 12th and then diploma and then engineering. For both diploma and engineering, it was lateral entry for me. WES sent me report as Bachelors degree four year in summary and canadian equivalency for diploma as secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years. After that i made a request to them to update summary with both qualifications. So they updated it in two days as Diploma 2 years and Bachelors Degree four years. So now i am able to select two or more options without any hesitation.
so what document you send for wes your diploma and degree or your 12th ?