Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
I have similar profile and recently got ECA done - It shows "Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)". Reading from the comments on this forum yes looks like this will be considered as two or more degree. I am planning to apply with this and see how it goes.
same situation here, ECA says:-
Diploma --> Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) - This means 10th AND 2 years diploma, need to focus on word AND here.
B.Tech --> Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

And i think qualify for 2 degrees with at least one more than three years.

Reactions: Vaibhav VB

RaviMaru

May 23, 2018
HI , I am Ravi Maru
age 22
I have done:
Diploma 3 Years -> in Electronics and communication engineering From Nirma University, India.
Diploma 2 Years -> in Electromechanical Engineering Technician From centennial college.

1 year working experience as electronics Technician in Toronto, canada.

can anyone tell me what would be WES evaluation for 3 year Diploma.
should I go for express entry or not?

Last edited:

aroraforfun

May 25, 2018
I have similar profile and recently got ECA done - It shows "Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)". Reading from the comments on this forum yes looks like this will be considered as two or more degree. I am planning to apply with this and see how it goes.
Hope all went well for you.. I am on same boat..how did it go , please share ..will be great help.. I am 10+3 diploma +3 degree not sure if it will be counted as 2

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hope all went well for you.. I am on same boat..how did it go , please share ..will be great help.. I am 10+3 diploma +3 degree not sure if it will be counted as 2
Yes I selected "Two or more degree" and got the ITA. Now working on uploading the documentations. The ITA is just on the basis of what you have selected in the profile. So I would think the main step would come next when they review the documentations/ECA report and accept the application. I will let you know once that happens.

Reactions: ishtiaqstudent

enigmatic99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Hello Guys,

I'm on a verge of completion of Masters degree here in Canada. I am planning to apply for FSW based on my previous work experience back home. I worked as College instructor after completion of my Bachelor's degree for 20 months and then I did my masters degree. So the master degree here in Canada is my second master's degree. I was wondering as I have done Master's degree here in Canada, do I need to do WES degree equivalency for my previous degree back home?

karinfo

Feb 16, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for WES and my Qualification is 10+Diploma(3yrs)+Engg (3yrs). I have transcripts and certificates of both diploma and Engg. Will this qualification be accounted for "Two or More Degree" option in EE profile? Have anyone received the result from WES for "two or more Degree"?

Also While Sending the Documents, do I need to send a printout of WES online Application Receipt ? or just only my Education documents?

Thanks,
Vaibhav VB

Hi Vaibhav,
Did you got your WES ECA, with diploma and Degree, Mine is also the same case. Please share the details.

karinfo

Feb 16, 2015
Yes I selected "Two or more degree" and got the ITA. Now working on uploading the documentations. The ITA is just on the basis of what you have selected in the profile. So I would think the main step would come next when they review the documentations/ECA report and accept the application. I will let you know once that happens.
Hi Sachin, Did you requested the WES to change the secondary school to 2 year diploma.. I am seeing some discussions that we need to request WES to change the secondary schooling to 2 year diploma. Please share the details on this.

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi Sachin, Did you requested the WES to change the secondary school to 2 year diploma.. I am seeing some discussions that we need to request WES to change the secondary schooling to 2 year diploma. Please share the details on this.
Hi,

My overall Canada equivalency summary o n the 1st page of the report says "Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)" and i think that should be enough to select the 2 or more degree options.

My individual diploma equivalency states "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)". So even this covers the diploma (two years) part.

So as far as I know, it should be fine to select the 2 degree options..

toral

May 31, 2018
Hi,

For those who have received "Diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (four years)' as summary, could you please confirm the option selected for Diploma under "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report" in the Express Entry form. Is it "Secondary Diploma (high school graduation)" or "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".
I see some gap between the education points in the online CRS calculator tool and the actual points in Express Entry form. I have selected "Secondary Diploma (high school graduation)" for diploma. Not sure if the gap is due to this.

Thanks & Regards
Toral

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi,

For those who have received "Diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (four years)' as summary, could you please confirm the option selected for Diploma under "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report" in the Express Entry form. Is it "Secondary Diploma (high school graduation)" or "Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".
I see some gap between the education points in the online CRS calculator tool and the actual points in Express Entry form. I have selected "Secondary Diploma (high school graduation)" for diploma. Not sure if the gap is due to this.

Thanks & Regards
Toral
Yes I think it is due to that. if you select two year program, the score will increase. I have selected that based on some of the discussions I saw on forum. But not 100 % sure. I am going to apply with that and see how it goes. If you find some more specific details around that please share on this post as well..

toral

May 31, 2018
Yes I think it is due to that. if you select two year program, the score will increase. I have selected that based on some of the discussions I saw on forum. But not 100 % sure. I am going to apply with that and see how it goes. If you find some more specific details around that please share on this post as well..
Thanks for the reply. Actually it doesn't make any difference if you select 2 year program or Secondary School Diploma. As I understand, the reason is that they are considering the highest level of education assessed by WES only. As for the CRS calculator tool, it still has the option for selecting 2 or more degrees which has more points but is removed from the actual EE form.

karinfo

Feb 16, 2015
Hi,

My overall Canada equivalency summary o n the 1st page of the report says "Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)" and i think that should be enough to select the 2 or more degree options.

My individual diploma equivalency states "Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)". So even this covers the diploma (two years) part.

Hi,

Hi Sachin,
One of my friend got ECA recently from WES, can you please confirm whether he can apply with double degree..

1. Credential authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Mechanical
Year: 2009
Awarded by Stalet Education and Training, Tamil Nadu
Admissfon requirements: Secondary School Certificate
Length of program: Three years
Majorispecialization: Mechanical Engineering Technology

Canadian equivalency:
Remarks:

Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
Exempted from part of the program on the basis of study previously complete

2. Credential authentication:
Credential:
Year:
Awarded by:
Admission requirements:
Length of program:
Major specialization:

Documents were sent directly by the institution
India
Bachelor of Engineering
Anna University
Recognized Institution
High school graduation
Four years
Marine Engineering

Canadian equivalency:
Remarks:

Bachelor's degree (four years)
Exempted from part of the program on the basis of study completed at State Board of Technical
Education and Training, Tamil Nadu.

hexa310

Jun 20, 2016
If you have done diploma for 3 years and then received lateral entry to Engineering your equivalency will NOT be two or more degrees.

If you have done a post graduate diploma once you have completed your engineering then it may be possible to qualify under two or more degrees / certificate criteria (based on whether WES recognizes your diploma)
Hi there,
I understand the part about getting a PGDip or PGCert after a 4 yr Bachelors degree to claim points for 2 or more degrees / certificates. But when it comes to WES how do I find out for sure whether WES recognizes a certain PGDip or PGCert?

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi,

Thanks & Regards
Toral
if your diploma was after 10th you should select 2 year certificate option. (As your ECA report say secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years.)

Ktpatel91

May 24, 2018
Hi,

i have done 10th then 12th and then diploma and then engineering. For both diploma and engineering, it was lateral entry for me. WES sent me report as Bachelors degree four year in summary and canadian equivalency for diploma as secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years. After that i made a request to them to update summary with both qualifications. So they updated it in two days as Diploma 2 years and Bachelors Degree four years. So now i am able to select two or more options without any hesitation.

Thanks man!
I wanted to know this

Reactions: ersandee