+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA - For Diploma + Engineering Graduates

sudharshansr7

May 13, 2017
Hi,

I'm currently applying ECA for my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. As a matter of fact, I'm a lateral entry student. My study process was 10th + Diploma in Mechanical Engineering ( 2 years ) + B.E. Mechanical Engineering ( 3 years ). So can I send only the Degree transcript for my ECA or shall I send both? My only concern is to get validation for my Engineering degree, not for the Diploma. Please help me, guys.

Thanks in advance.
Hello, guys any update???? Bump please.

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
Dear sudharshansr7,

Its advisable to send both diploma & degree transcripts with certificates to WES for evaluation. Me too was in the same boat as your's before & my consultant advised me to send both to WES for evaluation & mine got evaluated as Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years).

Finally its ur decision whether to send or not. Anyway the fees remains the same for all degrees & diploma. If you need any help am happy to guide you.

James(+917022891261)

ajaxsurya

May 24, 2017
Hello to all members,
I am new here so please excuse for any mistakes.
I am trying to get my ECA done for a 4 year diploma in Plastics Engineering I did (year 2011) from Shri Bhagubhai Mafatlal Polytechnic. (Mumbai, India)

As my institute is an autonomous do you have any idea if my diploma will be recognised by WES and if yes then what kind of documents to submit. My institute can provide me transcripts and also attest my marksheets for all years but as it is autonomous I don't think any university or technical board will attest any of my documents.

Please provide me some guidance. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you
Surya Vesavkar

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi people,

My Brother-In-Law is applying to WES for ECA. He has finished his 12th Standard, then joined Diploma in Chemical Engineering (Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Tamil Nadu) as lateral entry and finished in two years. And then joined Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering at University of Madras as lateral entry. So, he finished that in three years as well.

12 (Secondary) + 2 (Diploma - Typically 3) + 3 (Bachelors - Typically 4)

So, now my question is,
  1. What are the transcripts Should we send it to WES?
  2. And I don't find DOTE (Department of Technical Education) in WES list of institutions? So, how do I go about it?
  3. I know the Canadian equivalency is Bachelors (4 years), but how does WES thinks and gives report for such cases?
  4. Has anyone got evaluated before?
Thanks in Advance.

Reactions: godavari

GSINGH1643

Jul 18, 2017
Hi Roshantrv83,

I have the same qualification. What is your summary in the WES report.

For me at first it was Degree 4 Years and then i wrote to wes and they changed it to Diploma 2 year and Degree 4 Year.

Hi Vivek,

Just tried to call you on 9731917581 about the 2 degree/diploma issue I am facing and not able to decide.
My number is 9821377343 could you please let me know when it is good to talk.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hello to all members,
I am new here so please excuse for any mistakes.
I am trying to get my ECA done for a 4 year diploma in Plastics Engineering I did (year 2011) from Shri Bhagubhai Mafatlal Polytechnic. (Mumbai, India)

As my institute is an autonomous do you have any idea if my diploma will be recognised by WES and if yes then what kind of documents to submit. My institute can provide me transcripts and also attest my marksheets for all years but as it is autonomous I don't think any university or technical board will attest any of my documents.

Please provide me some guidance. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you
Surya Vesavkar
Hello @ajaxsurya

I would like to know what evaluation did you get for your four year diploma from bhagubhai. I ask this coz my niece has also done her plastic diploma from the same college and post that she did polymer degree from Pune, direct entry to 2nd year. So that is 10+4+3( 4 yr degree program)

Thanks

jps128

Sep 4, 2017
Thank you. I have sent PM to Vivek.

Do you also know chances to get PR with CRS in range of 430-440? I spoke to couple of consultants recently and they all are optimistic about it ( may be with PNP route).

Profile:

28 years
Single
6+ years of IT expe
Diploma ( 3 years- MSBTE pass ) + Degree ( B.E from Mumbai Univ)
IELTS : L-8.5 ; R:8.0; W:7.0; S:7.0
No relatives, work expe or education from Canada & also presently no Canadian job in hand.
Hi,

Kindly share your final status as per WES and EE? Did you selected " two or more degrees or diploma" Thanks!

jps128

Sep 4, 2017
So on CIC- CRS calculator even if I select 9 score in each domain, my total comes to 441 i.e only 6 points more than current. So re-appearing for IELTS will not be a solution.

If you can tell me which option to select if WES outcome comes out to be-

Diploma (3 years): got evaluated as Secondary School Diploma and Diploma (2 years)

Bachelor of Engineering (3 years): Bachelor's Degree (4 years)
Hi,

Kindly share your final status as per WES and EE? Did you selected " two or more degrees or diploma" Thanks!

jps128

Sep 4, 2017
Got My WES report with following summary today:

Diploma ( two years) and bachelor's degree ( four years )

I just sent them Transcripts for Diploma and Bachelor's via institution.

I didn't contacted them again to change summary.
Hi Vaibhav,

Congratulations! Kindly share your final status as per WES and EE? Did you selected " two or more degrees or diploma" Thanks!

jps128

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,

i have done 10th then 12th and then diploma and then engineering. For both diploma and engineering, it was lateral entry for me. WES sent me report as Bachelors degree four year in summary and canadian equivalency for diploma as secondary school diploma and diploma 2 years. After that i made a request to them to update summary with both qualifications. So they updated it in two days as Diploma 2 years and Bachelors Degree four years. So now i am able to select two or more options without any hesitation.

Hi Vivek,

Vaibhav.goel85

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi Vaibhav,

Congratulations! Kindly share your final status as per WES and EE? Did you selected " two or more degrees or diploma" Thanks!
Hi,

I have selected 2 or more degrees.

Recevied ITA and working on gathering documents.

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Hi Friends,

am too of similar case, i did my diploma after 10th from Maharashtra state board and then degree from mumbai university.
below if my Canadian equivalency from WES

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

Below are my questions.
1) Do i get additional points for education over and above bachelors degree.
2) Also i created the EE profile and in education section i selected "bachelors degree" for my computer engg i.e bachelor degree and then i selected
"Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" for my Diploma qualification.
When i saw the over all points it seems i got the extra points in education.
Is the above correct?? ( this question relates to question 1 itself)

Reactions: muthupiping

Sub84

Oct 25, 2017
Hi All,

Any one here who done the WES ECA having qualification as Diploma then Engineering (3 years) ? If yes, please let me know what is the outcome from WES and should we provide any specific docs to WES ? Please post your reply ASAP.

Diploma - 3 years Course (eg: Electronics & Communications)
Engineering - 4 years course but as i am diploma student got lateral entry (direct entry to 2nd year) so my engineering course duration is 3 years

My Question: Does anyone in the forum has got the evaluation done having above qualification with course duration ?
ie: after Diploma done engineering with 3 years (lateral entry to engineering)

My Question: Does WES understand what is Lateral Entry in engineering in india and does they consider my engineering as Degree ?

Thanks,
Jaya
Hi

Sub84

Oct 25, 2017
Hi All,

Please note that I have done diploma in a audio engineering from SAE institute Chennai. The certificate is issued by SAE from Byron Bay , Australia.
It seems SAE India has been closed. So Iam confused on how can send the certificate copy and transcript to WES.
Has anyone done any ECA with WESfor SAE Institute

Reactions: Sapnasuraj