+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES does not evaluate Study from Punjab Technical University

rajatsachdeva

Nov 28, 2018
Transcript means both DMCs as well as degree
Brother for sending degree they have separate option.... Only transcripts we need to send by university,,,,, degree we have to send by own as mentioned by WES .. there are two ways for sending transcripts i.e i) either university or ii) applicant itself... but for degree only applicant has to send himself/herself self-attested.

vikrantkrv

Aug 23, 2017
Brother for sending degree they have separate option.... Only transcripts we need to send by university,,,,, degree we have to send by own as mentioned by WES .. there are two ways for sending transcripts i.e i) either university or ii) applicant itself... but for degree only applicant has to send himself/herself self-attested.
Bro, pls tell me where it is mentioned that degree is to be sent by us because it is clearly mentioned that WES will evaluate PTU documents which will be sent by PTU only in a sealed envelope.

tan412

Nov 14, 2018
Hi, Could you please suggest-
1. Did you get the WES form attested from your college ? 2. Is there any specific "Request Letter from Concerned Student/Applicant" form provided by PTU to order transcripts ?
Yes I did get it attested from the College. Request Letter is a communication between the Candidate and the University, so there need not be any format. You can simply write the intent of application clearly to avoid any possible confusion.

tan412

Nov 14, 2018
FYI Everyone,
I selected the option: Attestation of all DMCs & Degree. (The very first option in the Drop Down)
I clearly mentioned in Subject and Request Letter: Official Transcripts & Degree Attestation for ECA by WES: WES Reference No.______

After finishing up the form and making the payment, I do not see any bifurcation anywhere as to which option I selected. I can clearly see the SUBJECT and Other details I filled. (I filled the WES' Address while filling the form). Perhaps the options just creates Queues in the System.

I raised the Query on 27th, today on 29th it's in Closed Status with comments "Dear student your query has been received and under process. I Will dispatched your documents within working 15 days."

I think that's it. You may either select different options for Degree and Transcript or Select the first Option: Attestation of Degree and DMCs. As there are different checks perform by PTU to validate the intent of the Query (Request Letter, Subject Line), I don't think there will be an issue. Once anyone completes the processing, just confirm what were the charges applied, if they match, there won't be anything to debate further. Mine were - Fee:2000, Postal: 1500.

If you next speak to the PTU Reps, you can give an example of this case.

Reactions: rajatsachdeva

rajatsachdeva

Nov 28, 2018
FYI Everyone,
I selected the option: Attestation of all DMCs & Degree. (The very first option in the Drop Down)
I clearly mentioned in Subject and Request Letter: Official Transcripts & Degree Attestation for ECA by WES: WES Reference No.______

After finishing up the form and making the payment, I do not see any bifurcation anywhere as to which option I selected. I can clearly see the SUBJECT and Other details I filled. (I filled the WES' Address while filling the form). Perhaps the options just creates Queues in the System.

I raised the Query on 27th, today on 29th it's in Closed Status with comments "Dear student your query has been received and under process. I Will dispatched your documents within working 15 days."

I think that's it. You may either select different options for Degree and Transcript or Select the first Option: Attestation of Degree and DMCs. As there are different checks perform by PTU to validate the intent of the Query (Request Letter, Subject Line), I don't think there will be an issue. Once anyone completes the processing, just confirm what were the charges applied, if they match, there won't be anything to debate further. Mine were - Fee:2000, Postal: 1500.

If you next speak to the PTU Reps, you can give an example of this case.
Thanks for this detailed explanation!!
But it is confusing in following ways please answer
1) Why there is seperate option for DMC's & Transcripts if both solve the same purpose.
2) Why WES demands transcripts instead of DMC's they havn't mentioned anywhere for Dmc's.
3) Where is the space of attestation from college/institution on Wes form.

Your reply to above points will be appreciated..

tan412

Nov 14, 2018
Thanks for this detailed explanation!!
But it is confusing in following ways please answer
1) Why there is seperate option for DMC's & Transcripts if both solve the same purpose.
2) Why WES demands transcripts instead of DMC's they havn't mentioned anywhere for Dmc's.

Your reply to above points will be appreciated..
Perhaps, the PTU is supposed to answer this. My understanding is Transcript and DMC "literally" means the same thing. 2 weeks back, there were different options, maybe they are just revising, and there are redundant options around. - Otherwise some forums state that it's considered that Transcript is a Single Consolidated Document of all semesters.

As mentioned above, it's one and the same thing. Be it attested DMCs from the Authority (University) or a Document containing Marks from all subjects, either ways they get the Official Scores. You can call the latter a Transcript for ECA purposes, but they mean the same thing. <- this is my understanding.

The college knows where to stamp and sign. In my case, they stamped on the area between Applicant Signature and Date.

I did some more research, I made another Dummy Query to check the pricing, the Transcript is priced at INR 800 + INR 1500. The Attestation Option charges one INR 2000 + INR 1500. Following this, I tried to reach PTU but the phone wasnt answered, I'll check tomorrow to re-confirm.I also wrote a PM to WES if either of the options/documents are sufficient.

All said and done, WES assess Education. be it all the DMCs+ Degree or a Single Transript Document + Degree, I don't think so there should be a problem until and unless the basic conditions are met (Signed, Stamped and Sealed by Authority)

Will update once I get more details.

Reactions: rajatsachdeva

rajatsachdeva

Nov 28, 2018
Perhaps, the PTU is supposed to answer this. My understanding is Transcript and DMC "literally" means the same thing. 2 weeks back, there were different options, maybe they are just revising, and there are redundant options around. - Otherwise some forums state that it's considered that Transcript is a Single Consolidated Document of all semesters.

As mentioned above, it's one and the same thing. Be it attested DMCs from the Authority (University) or a Document containing Marks from all subjects, either ways they get the Official Scores. You can call the latter a Transcript for ECA purposes, but they mean the same thing. <- this is my understanding.

The college knows where to stamp and sign. In my case, they stamped on the area between Applicant Signature and Date.

I did some more research, I made another Dummy Query to check the pricing, the Transcript is priced at INR 800 + INR 1500. The Attestation Option charges one INR 2000 + INR 1500. Following this, I tried to reach PTU but the phone wasnt answered, I'll check tomorrow to re-confirm.I also wrote a PM to WES if either of the options/documents are sufficient.

All said and done, WES assess Education. be it all the DMCs+ Degree or a Single Transript Document + Degree, I don't think so there should be a problem until and unless the basic conditions are met (Signed, Stamped and Sealed by Authority)

Will update once I get more details.
Yes thanks buddy!! Do post here once you get clear information.. i need to apply but still in a doubt that by which option to proceed .

tan412

Nov 14, 2018
FYI Everyone, I spoke to one of the Senior Officials at the University. He made the most Logical Statement: Check what is required in your Case on the WES Poral/In your Account.

Transcript and DMC might mean the same thing literally, but in case of Credential Evaluation they carry different meaning:
1. Transcript: Single Document containing details of all the Subjects across all Semesters/Years.
2. DMCs - Self explanatory

I again checked my WES Account. It is explicitly mentioned in the Account:
1. Degree
2. Mark-sheets/Statement of Marks

Thus, I selected the correct option - Attestation of Degree and All DMCs with Form from WES.
Please check your Account for confirmation on what you need to send.

Personal Opinion: I don't think there is any difference in what you send. Maybe Transcript and Statement of Marks mean one and the same thing. If that's the case, you may send either of them. What WES is concerned about is to get clear, legible and authenticated details of the marks obtained by you, be it a single document, or all DMCs.

Reactions: evabhas

Isha57

Oct 30, 2018
Has anyone managed to send the documents without the attested form from college.
Has anyone came across the situation where they are unable to get the attested WES form from their college ? anyone living outside India, any recommendation?

_PoojaMahajan

Oct 9, 2018
Has anyone managed to send the documents without the attested form from college.
Has anyone came across the situation where they are unable to get the attested WES form from their college ? anyone living outside India, any recommendation?
I have done that but yet to find out response from University on this. My query is still under process.