+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES credential evaulation - confused about requirements

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
I want to complete the ECA for CIC but I got confused by the requirements.

On the Wes Canada page for my country - Albania, under required documents, documents to send are listed as Higher Education and Secondary Education. Nothing else said.

Then I came along another page on Wes when it is stated: "If you have completed one or more years of post-secondary study, you do not need to submit any secondary school documents with your application"

Now, that's a bit confusing, right?

I have completed (3+2) years of Post-Secondary study (Bachelor+Master). Do I need to send Secondary Education also?

Thanks!

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
fotjon said:
I have completed (3+2) years of Post-Secondary study (Bachelor+Master). Do I need to send Secondary Education also?
No you don't need to.. just submit your bachelor and master degrees.. in that case, your ECA most likely will be equivalent to 2 or more degrees.

Reactions: fotjon

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Got the first one, thanks again. I have another question.

On the WES Document Submission Checklist you can read:

"Make sure that your transcripts are complete. Transcripts must show: all subjects taken, grades received for each subject, and for each year you were in the program."

Now, I have my transcripts, that show all subjects taken and grades received for each subject during all years of study, but not for each year of study separately.

For example on my Bachelor transcripts you can read that from years 2002-2005 I have completed my studies with all subjects and grades listed in a Table, but without the Year column.

So, do WES imply that the subjects with grades should be listed separately for each year of study like Year 1, Year 2, Year 3 columns, or am I going to far with imagination :)?

Hope it's clear what I am trying to explain.

think0911

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
fotjon said:
Got the first one, thanks again. I have another question.

On the WES Document Submission Checklist you can read:

"Make sure that your transcripts are complete. Transcripts must show: all subjects taken, grades received for each subject, and for each year you were in the program."

Now, I have my transcripts, that show all subjects taken and grades received for each subject during all years of study, but not for each year of study separately.

For example on my Bachelor transcripts you can read that from years 2002-2005 I have completed my studies with all subjects and grades listed in a Table, but without the Year column.

So, do WES imply that the subjects with grades should be listed separately for each year of study like Year 1, Year 2, Year 3 columns, or am I going to far with imagination :)?

Hope it's clear what I am trying to explain.
I don't know you are from which country and what WES rule apply to you but In my country, we are not suppose to open the transcripts and it should be seals in university's envelope.

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Of course I will bring back the transcripts to the University to Seal them before sending. I will send them to Wes not the University and its accepted for my country.

That was not my concern, but I guess listing all subjects in a single table for all years of study , or listing them in 3 tables one for each year, do not change anything at the end.

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
hiato said:
.. in that case, your ECA most likely will be equivalent to 2 or more degrees.

I heard that it could also be the equivalent of a 4-year Bachelor degree.

The programs I have done are the equivalent of 180+120 ECTS Credits, not sure if WES will acknowledge the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) in my case. At least I have a detailed diploma supplement for the Master program. By searching "ECTS credits WES" on google there are some articles about this topic.

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
I am also not sure about the following:

I will send my diplomas in 2 evelopes inside a bigger one directly to WES. Apart from ref. number , seal etc... in the From: part of the big envelope, should I write my name and address, or that of the university?

WES states (for my country, Albania) that a Diploma Suplemment speed the evaluation process. But I have also a document issued from the University, with the detail description in english of all Subjects taken during the studies (without the grades). Does it help to send it also?

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi,

I made the payment for ECA before submitting my documents and in the "Application Summary", I read:

Credentials:
Name of Diploma/Certificate
(in original language):
Bachelor of Computer Engineering "as i had written it in English before"

So, when filling my account I have provided the Name of Diploma in English not in the original language, as the phrase (in original language) was not mentioned when filling the "Name of Diploma" box.

Of course, the name of my Diploma in original language, is written in the certified academic documents I will provide to Wes for this application.

Is this a problem, as there is no option to change it now... :mad:

Regards

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Re: WES credential evaluation - confused about requirements and processing

After I sent the academic documents to Wes, on 16 December the status of my Order changed to "Documents received - review in progress"
Tomorrow is 27 December, and the status has not changed yet. Normally the evaluation would take 20 business days, but has the evaluation even started?
I contacted their support on 22 December with this question, but no answer.

:( Anyway, hoping for the best !

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Re: WES credential evaluation - confused about requirements and processing

fotjon said:
After I sent the academic documents to Wes, on 16 December the status of my Order changed to "Documents received - review in progress"
Tomorrow is 27 December, and the status has not changed yet. Normally the evaluation would take 20 business days, but has the evaluation even started?
I contacted their support on 22 December with this question, but no answer.

:( Anyway, hoping for the best !
They say 20 working days but in some cases they takes lot longer. Know someone who waiting for over 2 months.

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Finally got the online ECA report today, 5-6 weeks after submitting the documents!

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Master's degree

mauro80

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
and this is also what i got. Master Degree.
it is all about to understand if that Master Degree WES RECOGNIZED AUTOMATICALLY trigger as 2 post secondary degree or if you need to have another one for the Bachelor as well.

In theory you can't have the Master without having had the Bachelor, so it is implicit you have 2.
But still I haven't understand if you need to have a separate one with the bachelor or if the master already counts as 2.

anyone ?

Feti

Mar 6, 2017
fotjon said:
Finally got the online ECA report today, 5-6 weeks after submitting the documents!

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY: Master's degree
Hi Fotjon,
Glad to see that your equivalency is a Master degree. I have a 3+2 in Electronic Engineering and I am also planning for the ECA, but I am very confused about the required documents to be submitted, and the procedure. As I understand from your posts, the required docs are:
Bachelor: Diploma (attested by the Foreign Ministry) + diploma supplement (verified by the Foreign Ministry) + translated diploma.
Master: Diploma (attested by the Foreign Ministry) + diploma supplement (verified by the Foreign Ministry) + translated diploma.
My questions are:
Do I need to send the original diplomas & supplements of just photocopies of the verified diplomas & supplements?
For the translation, can I use a certified translator here in AL, or should I contact anyone in particular abroad?
Should I use a separate envelope for each degree (Bachelor: diploma + supplement + diploma translation all in one envelope and another envelope for Master docs) or Bachelor & Master docs can be mixed in a single envelope.
Should I also include program of subjects for each degree issued in English from the University?
Thanks,

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Don't worry, I was also very confused in the beginning.

1. You do not need (and you should not) send the originals. Only if WES asks you to do so (99% they will not). If you university is UPT, like mine, you should not have problems in this part.
2. You should use a certified translator here in Albania. But i.m.o you translate them yourself and then ask the translator to sign them (l did it this way). We know how to translate the subjects better then any translator.
3. Use separate envelopes for each degree. Then one big envelope for both them.
4. If you have the diploma supplement for each degree, you don't need the program of subjects. I didn't have the bachelor supplement so I sent the program of subject instead (though it was not requested).

All the document I sent to WES were later returned to me with the evaluation report included. So if you need to see them and live in Tirana, I will be glad to help you.

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Hi, Fotjon,
I am glad that you received your evaluation with a Master's. Recently I have applied to WES too, and I am a bit worried about the mail sent to WES by Rektorati i Tiranes. They sent it on June the 6th and yet it has not arrived to WES, and the tracking does not show anything.It was sent by them but unfortunately was not EMS. how long did it take for your envelope?