+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES credential evaulation - confused about requirements

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi, Fotjon,
I am glad that you received your evaluation with a Master's. Recently I have applied to WES too, and I am a bit worried about the mail sent to WES by Rektorati i Tiranes. They sent it on June the 6th and yet it has not arrived to WES, and the tracking does not show anything.It was sent by them but unfortunately was not EMS. how long did it take for your envelope?
HI, I just saw your post today. I sent my application myself by DHL Express (I takes 3-4 days max. I think).
How did you WES ECA went, btw?

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
HI, I just saw your post today. I sent my application myself by DHL Express (I takes 3-4 days max. I think).
How did you WES ECA went, btw?
Not so well. I was hoping for Masters degree as per our legislation for at least one of the degrees, but it did not happen. I think they are not updated on our latest university legislation. Take care!

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
Not so well. I was hoping for Masters degree as per our legislation for at least one of the degrees, but it did not happen. I think they are not updated on our latest university legislation. Take care!
Check this video about WES options:
If you absolutely need the points of Master accreditation to reach the CRS score for receiving an ITA then go for ECA by another agency, as recommended in the video. Not guaranteed at all though, unless you know someone in our country with the same diploma as you who has done it. But If you already got IELTS scores at CLB9, you should try the above - as it is the only option to significantly improve your CRS score.

Last edited:

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Check this video about WES options:
If you absolutely need the points of Master accreditation to reach the CRS score for receiving an ITA then go for ECA by another agency, as recommended in the video. Not guaranteed at all though, unless you know someone in our country with the same diploma as you who has done it. But If you already got IELTS scores at CLB9, you should try the above - as it is the only option to significantly improve your CRS score.
I thought about that. However, As my degrees do not clearly state Masters in the certificate (they are Diplome e Nivelit te Dyte) I am not sure that I can persuade them. Nevertheless my score is 441 so I am hoping that it will be enough for the next draw

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
In this case, 441 is more then enough, start preparing the docs or scan the ones you already have ;)

KingstonMarq

Oct 5, 2017
Hi, I'm doing my application for ECA using WES. I have a question on the section What credentials have you earned. Under this section, it says Please include your secondary education and higher education study for analysis. I added both secondary and higher education in my credential and at the end of the application under the Required Documents Checklist, DIploma and Academic Transcript for my secondary education needs to be sent to WES for assessment. Should I delete the secondary education in my credential so only my Bachelor's degree will be assesed?

SinghAiroli

Oct 13, 2017
I had a bad experience with WES. Following is my report from WES:

Country of Education: India

1. Bachelor of Engineering: properly evaluated
Canadian equivalent: 4 year bachelors.

2. 2 year Post graduate diploma in Finance(Distance learning) from Welingkar institute of management and development(Mumbai)
WES say Course is from Non-Recognised institution.

I checked all the details on UGC-DEB.... This course is very well recognised and accredited by UGC-Distance Education bureau.

I wrote multiple emails to WES but they didn't budge and final said, "Course might be recognised but there is no Canadian equivalent "

My First Question to all:

Does Canada not have distance learning 2 year post graduate programs?

What can be alternate option to get it evaluated properly and get atleast some canadian equivalent?

I entered into EE pool in june 2017 and my CRS is 412.
My problem is I'm losing 32 points on CRS score because of it. Please help

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
In this case, 441 is more then enough, start preparing the docs or scan the ones you already have ;)
Hopefully, this Wedensday. I think I have most of them ready. I have already requested the police certificate. Can you please tell me what proof of work experience did you submit? I already letter of reference but I was wondering if more documents are requested.

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have a question about the new WES online submission and this is for my friend. In "Your Education" section it says "Please include your secondary education and higher education study for analysis." He completed Bachelor of Technology (4 years from India).

So my question is do we need to get the 10th and +2 course assessed from the state board of education just as we do for University transcript and degree certificate?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

RJ

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
So my question is do we need to get the 10th and +2 course assessed from the state board of education just as we do for University transcript and degree certificate?
NO, only assess University (Bachelor of Technology diploma). No need for secondary education if you assess higher education.

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NO, only assess University (Bachelor of Technology diploma). No need for secondary education if you assess higher education.
Thanks for the reply.

I know we need to assess only higher education. But the WES site has changed the template and it's not like when I did before (2015). Now they are asking "Please include your secondary education and higher education study for analysis" and I am confused whether we need to assess 10th, 12th grade together with University degree. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

fotjon

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
FSW
In their previous template, for my country, they were also asking for secondary education. After searching different posts on this forum, I did not sent it.

Most important here is what CIC requires. If they require assessing of secondary education then anyone with higher education would have done it.

lojtari

Sep 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear Fotjon,
Congratulation for your aplication.
Im i need of an explanation, i have submit my documents for ECA to WES, made the procedure as they ask. after 3 weeks i have received an email saying that my original document dont have the apostille from the Ministry.
Just to clarify Albanian Ministry has to type of Stamps, Apostille (after the Hague Convention) and Legalization (for non members of the Hague Convention). In this case the document submitted do Canada are subject to a Legalization process. and this is what the Albanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has put on each submitted document.
The problem is that WES doesnt reply to my emails for a detailed explanation, and my status is pending for the documents.

Can you give an explanation in your case? what stamp did you took at the ministry? thanks

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Dear Fotjon,
Congratulation for your aplication.
Im i need of an explanation, i have submit my documents for ECA to WES, made the procedure as they ask. after 3 weeks i have received an email saying that my original document dont have the apostille from the Ministry.
Just to clarify Albanian Ministry has to type of Stamps, Apostille (after the Hague Convention) and Legalization (for non members of the Hague Convention). In this case the document submitted do Canada are subject to a Legalization process. and this is what the Albanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has put on each submitted document.
The problem is that WES doesnt reply to my emails for a detailed explanation, and my status is pending for the documents.

Can you give an explanation in your case? what stamp did you took at the ministry? thanks
You should have sent them with Apostille, that is what WES requires. Does not matter if it is member or not of Hague Convention. In the requirements they clearly say the documents should hae Apostille stamp.

lojtari

Sep 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You should have sent them with Apostille, that is what WES requires. Does not matter if it is member or not of Hague Convention. In the requirements they clearly say the documents should hae Apostille stamp.
the problem is that they have accepted legalized documents before, as it seems in my case they haven make an exception. Im resending my documents to the Ministry for Apostille, and resend them this week.
thanks all