+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Completed evaluation with Remarks, is it all good?

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
i will keep this thread posted on progress once i speak with a lawyer, in the meantime lets say i don't want to use the degree for points and only want to use high school education. Do i just sent WES High school certificates from my school/board or do i have to create new profile pay WES again and start as fresh?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
i will keep this thread posted on progress once i speak with a lawyer, in the meantime lets say i don't want to use the degree for points and only want to use high school education. Do i just sent WES High school certificates from my school/board or do i have to create new profile pay WES again and start as fresh?
It is of no use to get your high school diploma evaluated by WES, it won't fetch you enough points, you'd be wasting your money. If we go by current trends, even a Bachelor's degree equivalency is not enough to get an ITA, you would need a master's with at least 3 years of experience and a very good IELTS score to be able to get an ITA or be a bilingual in English and French.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
It is of no use to get your high school diploma evaluated by WES, it won't fetch you enough points, you'd be wasting your money. If we go by current trends, even a Bachelor's degree equivalency is not enough to get an ITA, you would need a master's with at least 3 years of experience and a very good IELTS score to be able to get an ITA or be a bilingual in English and French.
How nice of you to just assume things, what makes you think 28 points (high school) are not game changer for someone?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
How nice of you to just assume things, what makes you think 28 points (high school) are not game changer for someone?
You cannot claim multiple points for your education. If you have two ECA's - For Bachelors and High School, you get points for Bachelors. If you have two ECA's for Bachelors and Master's, you get points only for Master's and not Bachelor + Master.

I don't assume things. Getting 28 out of 150 points for education WILL NOT GET YOU AN ITA, that is why I suggest you to not get an ECA for your High School Diploma and waste your $$. Since, by your reaction to my post, you obviously do not understand how Express Entry works, I would suggest you to hire an immigration consultant and get his advice (such as canadavisa.com or askkubeir.com) instead of doing things on your own.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
You cannot claim multiple points for your education. If you have two ECA's - For Bachelors and High School, you get points for Bachelors. If you have two ECA's for Bachelors and Master's, you get points only for Master's and not Bachelor + Master.

I don't assume things. Getting 28 out of 150 points for education WILL NOT GET YOU AN ITA, that is why I suggest you to not get an ECA for your High School Diploma and waste your $$. Since, by your reaction to my post, you obviously do not understand how Express Entry works, I would suggest you to hire an immigration consultant and get his advice (such as canadavisa.com or askkubeir.com) instead of doing things on your own.
Once again, you are assuming things, reminds me of a title of first episode my favorite podcast "S Town" It goes something like this "If you just shut up and listen, you will be surprised how much you can learn."

To educate you a bit on my situation (since you are in your little bubble where there's only one way to get an ITA for express entry). I Currently have 450 Points without any education, so adding 28 points for high school will get me to 478 which is pretty good for an ITA. You didn't think that was possible, right? but again, thats because you didn't take time to understand that other people have situations that you might have never faced or heard.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Once again, you are assuming things, reminds me of a title of first episode my favorite podcast "S Town" It goes something like this "If you just shut up and listen, you will be surprised how much you can learn."

To educate you a bit on my situation (since you are in your little bubble where there's only one way to get an ITA for express entry). I Currently have 450 Points without any education, so adding 28 points for high school will get me to 478 which is pretty good for an ITA. You didn't think that was possible, right? but again, thats because you didn't take time to understand that other people have situations that you might have never faced or heard.
I apologise for my ignorance. I have not seen anyone with a CRS of 450 without a Master's degree or a Diploma after Bachelor's. Your profile sounds very unique.

Also, are you sure that you are able to get 67 points under FSW eligibility? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Also, can you tell me how are you able to get 450 points without factoring any education?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I apologise for my ignorance. I have not seen anyone with a CRS of 450 without a Master's degree or a Diploma after Bachelor's. Your profile sounds very unique.

Also, are you sure that you are able to get 67 points under FSW eligibility? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Also, can you tell me how are you able to get 450 points without factoring any education?
i think he has a lmia

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019

NOC 0013 LMIA gets you 200 Point as owner operator.

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
I'm in the similar situation. My wife is midwife and evaluation from WES stated: 3 year of hospital training and study. So had to open my Express Entry profile assuming that she hasn't any degree just until I get her secondary school degree evaluation. Will get 2 extra points but things would have been too easy for us if we were able to clam more than that. Due to this, I have to retake TCF and IELTS when offices reopenafter the Covid-19. My score were 9 for TCF and 6.5 for TCF. Looking to get now 10 for TCF and at least 7 for IELTS. My wife has also to make her TCF and score 9. Then we will be able to be way above 474. English will be the difficult one for me. Hopefully we will get those score and they resume the Express Entry draw (worker skill) this year before my birthday anniversary. So many conditions.

Charisevm

May 28, 2020
I got the same remarks from WES which is not comparable to a completed canadian education .. But the equivalency is one year post secondary study... But this Eca is for caregiver pathway purposes .. Is this result acceptable by ircc

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
I got the same remarks from WES which is not comparable to a completed canadian education .. But the equivalency is one year post secondary study... But this Eca is for caregiver pathway purposes .. Is this result acceptable by ircc
Are you telling me that WES clearly mentionned on the report that it's equivalence to one year post secondary study? If yes did you mentioned anywhere in your evaluation that you were applying for a caregiver pathway. Please tell me what did you do so I can ask WES to reconsider my evaluation. What I need is they consider it at least 1 year post secondary study. Should be enough for me. 2 years will be the best.. I hope that when they evaluate the secondary school degree they will reconsider the midwifery degree and mention that it's equivalent to whatever year of post secondary school. Never mind if it's not a bachelor. I need points from there.

Charisevm

May 28, 2020
Are you telling me that WES clearly mentionned on the report that it's equivalence to one year post secondary study? If yes did you mentioned anywhere in your evaluation that you were applying for a caregiver pathway. Please tell me what did you do so I can ask WES to reconsider my evaluation. What I need is they consider it at least 1 year post secondary study. Should be enough for me. 2 years will be the best.. I hope that when they evaluate the secondary school degree they will reconsider the midwifery degree and mention that it's equivalent to whatever year of post secondary school. Never mind if it's not a bachelor. I need points from there.
Yes it was one year post secondary study
But i have remarks that it's not comparable to a completed canadian education. Also, I did not state to my application that its for caregiver pathway purposes I just clicked the immigration purposes..

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
Yes it was one year post secondary study
But i have remarks that it's not comparable to a completed canadian education. Also, I did not state to my application that its for caregiver pathway purposes I just clicked the immigration

So what will you check for education level when opening your profile: One year program?

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019

Following my wife's WES evaluation results, I went to a Canada's immigration service for more information. I presented them the WES's report asking what to do: Consider 3 years study as stated in the report or consider that it's not a diploma due to the remark section (not completed). Their reply was: the report doesn't state that my diploma is not recognised or does not worth anything. It's only that in Canadan system she did not complete the study as stated in the remark section. Also in the Express Entry system diploma are: Secondary diploma, Bachelor, Master, Doctoral level degree. Between the Secondary diploma and the Bachelor degree education level is based upon number of years study when there is no degree or certificate in between. Can be either one year program or two year program even 3 year program of University, College... or other. And according to them I'm in that case especially for those with diploma in healthcare. So I should check the 3 year education section. As per them, the remark regarding the credential not being completed is to remind me that she won't be able to work with that until she complete the course according whatever will be required from her when we get there.
It makes sense to me and now I'm confused.

I went to another immigration office but they didn't want to give a reply to my question. Only thing they said was I have a good profile and I should hand it over to them. Anybody can help me clear this for good?