+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Completed evaluation with Remarks, is it all good?

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019

I have two questions

a) my name is different because education shows my name before i got married and in express entry i am using name after i got married

b) at the bottom remarks it says, "The credential is not comparable to completed Canadian education credential"

is that a problem? also, since its 5 one and half years, am i using this as a graduate degree or anything higher?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
The report says that your education is incomplete. Did you actually complete it? If so, did you send the final or provisional certificate?

Candian equivalency is just "study" so you cannot claim points for it.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
The report says that your education is incomplete. Did you actually complete it? If so, did you send the final or provisional certificate?

i did complete it and did send final certificate including internship completion certificate.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
isn't that suppose to be sent by university?
Yes, if the university has sent all required documents, contact WES and ask them why they have given incomplete study equivalency. If they made a mistake, they will rectify it provide a new report.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Here's the reply from WES, looks like its upto IRCC on how they look at this.

Is there a way to check in express entry profile to see how IRCC categorize this?

mancugay

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020

The report does not say that his education is "incomplete". It says "not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential".
In other words, you can not use this ECA to claim education CRS points. Do more research and opt for other agencies like CES, ICES, etc

handajaskirat

Apr 4, 2020

I have two questions

a) my name is different because education shows my name before i got married and in express entry i am using name after i got married

b) at the bottom remarks it says, "The credential is not comparable to completed Canadian education credential"

is that a problem? also, since its 5 one and half years, am i using this as a graduate degree or anything higher?
Hi,

Can I ask when did you apply for the WES assessment and how long the whole process took.

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Why do I have a feeling that this should be accepted without a problem. I definetely would try other ECA institutions atleast via telephone to know if they can offer something better. However, if they are offering the same, I would attach WES reposnse with a very clear Letter of explanation and that way you have nothing to lose. Best of Luck stay safe and keep us updated.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hmmmmmm. Very interesting case.

To be honest, i think you need to seek professional advice on this. The reason you’re not receiving a canadian credentisl equivalence tto a bachelors degree is because medicine is studied as a postgraduate degree in canada.

So they’ve had to contort their assessment and give you a pretty strange one For canadian equivalence. I’m not sure you can’t claim any crs points simply because there is no credential equivalent, i think you need professional adivce.

They’ve recognised your education, but they can’t classify it as equivalent a canadian credential because their educational system works differently.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019

I have two questions

WES does not give positive evaluation to degrees in Homeopathy or other alternate medicines, after all, they were basically mumbo jumbo's. However, IQAS does.

And, no, you cannot use this ECA for Express Entry.

Reactions: fsw_hk

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
The report does not say that his education is "incomplete". It says "not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential".
In other words, you can not use this ECA to claim education CRS points. Do more research and opt for other agencies like CES, ICES, etc
I thought if WES gives equivalency as just "study", then the credential is an incomplete one.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
WES does not give positive evaluation to degrees in Homeopathy or other alternate medicines, after all, they were basically mumbo jumbo's. However, IQAS does.

And, no, you cannot use this ECA for Express Entry.
So if i do the whole thing with IQAS would i be able to use this for express entry?