+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Completed evaluation with Remarks, is it all good?

Charisevm

May 28, 2020
It's secondary school diploma and one year post secondary study.. Thats the result of credentials which is. 3rd year level of the course bachelor of elementary education..

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
It's secondary school diploma and one year post secondary study.. Thats the result of credentials which is. 3rd year level of the course bachelor of elementary education..
So you mean 3 years hospital study as WES evaluation I should tick one year program.... on the Educational section of the Express Entry? Is that correct?

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
My wife one is midwife. Is it still I need to get ECA from MCC? If yes can you provide some detail on how to get in touch with them.
Please refer to this website: https://mcc.ca/services/repository/educational-credential-assessment/

The procedure could be very lengthy, from months to even a year or more, because after initial reviewing, MCC will send your case to ECFMG in the US to verify the degree to the original medical school. I would suggest that you apply to both MCC (for ECA) and ECFMG (for source verification) at the same time, and when ECFMG is done, you just tell MCC the resulting number of ECFMG so they can finalize your case much quicker.

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
Please refer to this website: https://mcc.ca/services/repository/educational-credential-assessment/

The procedure could be very lengthy, from months to even a year or more, because after initial reviewing, MCC will send your case to ECFMG in the US to verify the degree to the original medical school. I would suggest that you apply to both MCC (for ECA) and ECFMG (for source verification) at the same time, and when ECFMG is done, you just tell MCC the resulting number of ECFMG so they can finalize your case much quicker.

Thanks for the reply. I think that the procedure you mentioned is for when we settle in Canada. The evaluation interpretation I'm looking for is for Express Entry. A list of organisation in charge of running the Evaluation has been issued by IRCC.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
An ECA is primarily for immigration, that's the one you need. The MCC provide ECAs for people in the medical field, they are the ones who need to assess your qualifications and provide you a Canadian equivalency.

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
An ECA is primarily for immigration, that's the one you need. The MCC provide ECAs for people in the medical field, they are the ones who need to assess your qualifications and provide you a Canadian equivalency.

I got them on tchat and they told me that they are doing ECA for only Doctor, Physician. Midwife and nurse not included unfortunately. So this leaves me with no other choice than the WES and other organization listed on the IRCC website.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hmmm, yes i suppose homeopathic medicine would not come under regular medical professions because you're not really practising medicine as per the legal definition. I'm surprised they don't evaluate nursing qualifications however, i guess the focus is solely on MDs.

It's a bit of an exceptional field, i think a normal ECA provider would be your best bet as well. You can use WES's degree equivalency tool to get an idea what they would give her:
https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I think that the procedure you mentioned is for when we settle in Canada. The evaluation interpretation I'm looking for is for Express Entry. A list of organisation in charge of running the Evaluation has been issued by IRCC.
I'm afraid your understanding is incorrect. If you or your spouse want to claim the CRS score in EE, the ECA for medical degrees should be and only can be done at MCC. The other organizations including WES will not do that; even they are willing to do that, it would not be recognized as a validated medical degree ECA by IRCC.

hss2

Jul 19, 2018
The report says that your education is incomplete. Did you actually complete it? If so, did you send the final or provisional certificate?

Candian equivalency is just "study" so you cannot claim points for it.
Can you please share how "Two certificates" ECA was mentioned on your report?
Do they mention "Two certificates" in summary or is there some other way.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Can you please share how "Two certificates" ECA was mentioned on your report?
Do they mention "Two certificates" in summary or is there some other way.
Mine says "Bachelor's Degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year).