+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES assessment sealed envelope issue ! please HELP !!

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
Manar Fakhouri said:
I heard that there are FedEx and Aramex, but the thing is that my friend went and asked the guys at DHL and they said they would open it before accepting to send, they also mentioned that they might open in Damascus as well. I sent an Email to DHL to clarify this issue but with no answer.. security checks are common for courier companies and especially in Syria as you are well aware.. I sent an Email earlier to WES with regards to the situation in Syria but they replied "no exceptions!"

Well I believe best way is to try and send. Meanwhile, I am working on some attesting for my documents and after will take the shot ..

Please let me know in case you checked if Fedex or Aramex would agree to send without opening the envelope .. I have limited access as I am from Homs and things tend to get difficult most of the times..

Thanx in advance

Hi Manar,

I don't know if your problem has been resolved, but it seems mine is. I have let them put all the documents and forms in a sealed envelope and write the WES address and reference number on the back, then my friend took it to ARAMEX, and send it as my institution.It took exactly 1 week to arrive and after 3 days my status changed to "document received-review in progress" and after 1 week it changed to"Evaluation in Progress"

May 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MMCanada2014 said:
Hi Manar,

I don't know if your problem has been resolved, but it seems mine is. I have let them put all the documents and forms in a sealed envelope and write the WES address and reference number on the back, then my friend took it to ARAMEX, and send it as my institution.It took exactly 1 week to arrive and after 3 days my status changed to "document received-review in progress" and after 1 week it changed to"Evaluation in Progress"
Hi MMCanada2014

That's good news ! Actually I mailed my transcripts yesterday via Aramex as well, they assured that they won't open any envelope sealed by a government organization such as Universities (al-Baath university is mine) unlike DHL which opens every single envelope regardless, It was expensive though (11000 SP !!!) So now waiting for the sun !
I was waiting for my documents to arrive (safely) to WES to inform you ..as who knows who might open them in such horrible circumstances in Syria ..

Hope your evaluation gets done swiftly.. thanks for the follow up ! cheers !

nor30

Jan 26, 2016
Dear Manar:

I hope that you have received your ECA by now from WES and that everything went well.
I was intending to do the same thing but I'am afraid that the evaluation report might not be sent to syria.
I will be grateful if you replied to me and confirmed if you received you report in syria.
also I was intending to pay through a relative's credit card and this relatives lives in the USA . so would be confusing if the address on the mailing address was different from the address on the credit card.
another question did you pay by credit card or by money transfer through western union.

I would be really thankful if you replied

May 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nor30 said:
Dear Manar:

I hope that you have received your ECA by now from WES and that everything went well.
I was intending to do the same thing but I'am afraid that the evaluation report might not be sent to syria.
I will be grateful if you replied to me and confirmed if you received you report in syria.
also I was intending to pay through a relative's credit card and this relatives lives in the USA . so would be confusing if the address on the mailing address was different from the address on the credit card.
another question did you pay by credit card or by money transfer through western union.

I would be really thankful if you replied

Hello nor30,

Regarding the shipping address; while you are completing the WES order in your account, you will have to choose whether your ECA report will be sent to you via regular mail (which I personally don't prefer) or via express courier in which you will have to detail your shipping address (Country, city, phone no., etc..) and it will cost you around 80 CAD more but it is worth it in terms of fast shipping and delivery. In addition, you will have "personal information" in your WES account where you will have to include your address.

In my case, the express courier was (TNT) and delivery was smooth to my address in KSA, they have sent me an Email before delivery and called me to verify as well. in addition to the hard copy, WES will send you a soft copy of the ECA to your Email.

I paid via credit card. As for the address that you will have to fill in the credit card information, I believe it is for invoicing purposes only. For the shipping, they will follow the shipping address that you will detail in the order and your WES account personal information as I have mentioned above. Just be careful as you fill the WES order and make sure the shipping address is correct and you will be good to go !

I hope the above suffice. Happy to help should you require further information.

Good luck

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
rafzy said:
Why dont you send it through FEDEX ?
I have worked with TCS Pakistan, and i recommend you to send through TCS as all docs are received by WES on time 4-5 working days.

Plus, WES doesnt makes any issue if package is opened by 3rd party other than the candidate and a seal for proof is pasted :)

For TCS try to opt for flyer option :)

nor30

Jan 26, 2016
Manar Fakhouri said:
Hello nor30,

Regarding the shipping address; while you are completing the WES order in your account, you will have to choose whether your ECA report will be sent to you via regular mail (which I personally don't prefer) or via express courier in which you will have to detail your shipping address (Country, city, phone no., etc..) and it will cost you around 80 CAD more but it is worth it in terms of fast shipping and delivery. In addition, you will have "personal information" in your WES account where you will have to include your address.

In my case, the express courier was (TNT) and delivery was smooth to my address in KSA, they have sent me an Email before delivery and called me to verify as well. in addition to the hard copy, WES will send you a soft copy of the ECA to your Email.

I paid via credit card. As for the address that you will have to fill in the credit card information, I believe it is for invoicing purposes only. For the shipping, they will follow the shipping address that you will detail in the order and your WES account personal information as I have mentioned above. Just be careful as you fill the WES order and make sure the shipping address is correct and you will be good to go !

I hope the above suffice. Happy to help should you require further information.

Good luck
Dear Manar.

thanks a lot for your quick reply. i did not get the chance to thank you earlier due to work load.
the thing is I tried paying the fees through my relative's credit card (who is living in the US ) but the application result was that (it was declined ) . I do not know why . I guess we should try through western union now. I really do not know what to do.

regarding my application , I finished today the documents procedures and received the envelope from the university. I did not want them to close it but that's what happened . I will try sending it through Aramex just like what you did hoping that they won't open it.
wish you all the best dear.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Manar Fakhouri said:
Dears,

I am about to send my transcripts via my university to WES for ECA. WES instructed that the transcripts should be in a sealed envelope stamped by my university at the back flap of the envelope. I went to DHL today and asked if they would open the envelope and they said " YES ! for security checks", I argued with them that it is instructed that the envelope should be sealed ! Yet they replied that they will add a security check sticker after opening and that there are no exceptions to that :eek: !!

Would WES accept that ?! Anyone had a similar experience !? Experts please help !

Thanks in advance,
It would be opened only in case the scan shows them something concealed in the package. If they find any inconsistency with the declaration of the contents, then only the package would the package be subjected to secondary. In case of documents, there is a very low probability of it getting opened.

May 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nor30 said:
Dear Manar.

thanks a lot for your quick reply. i did not get the chance to thank you earlier due to work load.
the thing is I tried paying the fees through my relative's credit card (who is living in the US ) but the application result was that (it was declined ) . I do not know why . I guess we should try through western union now. I really do not know what to do.

regarding my application , I finished today the documents procedures and received the envelope from the university. I did not want them to close it but that's what happened . I will try sending it through Aramex just like what you did hoping that they won't open it.
wish you all the best dear.

Hi Nor30,

You are welcome!

Sorry to hear about the payment, maybe try and ask your relative to pay himself from his credit card while he is in the US, maybe it would help. Also, maybe you were mistyping some of the credit card information (like card holder name, address, zip code, card validity... so and so).

One important note! You should ask the university to stamp the official sealed university envelope along the back folded flap so WES makes sure that it is sealed by the University. They should seal it officially !

Also, don't forget to write down the WES reference no. after you complete your application on EVERY sheet inside AND on the envelope outside. Moreover, write down "Sender: Your University name" at the back of the envelope, and ask Aramex if they would include sender information as your university. And confirm with them that they cannot open it (they will tell you that they won't as it is sealed by you university).

Better we take all precautions to avoid unwanted issues, as we are in a very difficult time right now.

Good luck!

nor30

Jan 26, 2016
Manar Fakhouri said:
Hi Nor30,

You are welcome!

Sorry to hear about the payment, maybe try and ask your relative to pay himself from his credit card while he is in the US, maybe it would help. Also, maybe you were mistyping some of the credit card information (like card holder name, address, zip code, card validity... so and so).

One important note! You should ask the university to stamp the official sealed university envelope along the back folded flap so WES makes sure that it is sealed by the University. They should seal it officially !

Also, don't forget to write down the WES reference no. after you complete your application on EVERY sheet inside AND on the envelope outside. Moreover, write down "Sender: Your University name" at the back of the envelope, and ask Aramex if they would include sender information as your university. And confirm with them that they cannot open it (they will tell you that they won't as it is sealed by you university).

Better we take all precautions to avoid unwanted issues, as we are in a very difficult time right now.

Good luck!

Hi Manar:

thanks again for the info.
just a quick question about the reference number .on the inside part, i wrote it on the WES application form (on my part of the application and again on the head of department part ). on the outside , I will write it within the address. is there another part to write the reference number on.

thanks

Majid Mz

Mar 16, 2016
Hi Manar,

I am graduated from albaath university same as you ;). If you can guide me how to arrange the paper from our university especially i am living outside the country in K.S.A and for sure you are aware how the things there nowadays.
Thanks in advanced for your advice.

Regards
Majid

Ahmed Eissa

Mar 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Manar,
Greetings.

Don't worry about that. Here is what happens with shipments in FedeX and DHL. Your shipment is just an (A4 size ) envelope .They get it scanned via Xray scanning machine. If they suspect something is dangerous or someing is going wrong with your envelope , they will open it and then seal it again with stickers that show it was opened for security checks. It will be very clear that it is just documents, so they won't open it. This is what happens in 99 % of document envelopes. The other thing that will clear their suspicion is that the shipment is sent off to well-know company like WES. it is sent to a business physical address, so it will pass through.

Good Luck with your credential assessment.