+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - ACCA attestation

Fawadz

Apr 20, 2015
Hi

Anyone knows/can guide how they got ACCA to send documents to WES.

ACCA says it can't send documents to WES or attest documents! You have to contact British council. British council says they can attest through ACCA but will not provide in a sealed envelope but will only provide to the person/applicant!

Or alternately has WES given equivalence to some candidate lately who can share how he processed that?

Regards
Fawad

mr47ali

Apr 11, 2015
You don't need attestation from ACCA or British council
am an ACCA myself and got ECA last month
Just pay the fee online to WES and then ask ACCA to send your transcript and equivalency letter or any other supporting to the designated courier address provided in the application and you are good to go
should take at least 4 weeks to complete the whole process if everything is streamlined

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
mr47ali said:
Just pay the fee online to WES and then ask ACCA to send your transcript and equivalency letter or any other supporting to the designated courier address provided in the application and you are good to go
should take at least 4 weeks to complete the whole process if everything is streamlined
For this evaluation ACCA member is mandatory or just ACCA affiliate?
Regards

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to say this but an ACCA is looked upon as a designation (not Diploma or Certificate). WES may issue you an ECA but upon examination by the Visa Office theyay not award you points if you get an ITA and submit documents.

Source: Qualified CA in Australia and member of CPA Ontario. They helped me get a job but for CRS points do not count.

Sunnyvaswani

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
ACCA is definitely counted as a certificate by visa office i know people who have landed in canada based upon points from acca.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Sunnyvaswani said:
ACCA is definitely counted as a certificate by visa office i know people who have landed in canada based upon points from acca.
R u sure sir? I think when evaluation complete by wes and they provide certificate of equivalency....then cic shall consider bcoz they authorize someon to trsnslate...ryt?

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Sorry to say this but an ACCA is looked upon as a designation (not Diploma or Certificate). WES may issue you an ECA but upon examination by the Visa Office theyay not award you points if you get an ITA and submit documents.

Source: Qualified CA in Australia and member of CPA Ontario. They helped me get a job but for CRS points do not count.
I've explained this to you in another thread - you are wrong.

Chartered Accountancy (ACCA, ICAA, CPA Canada or where ever) IS a diploma. I got my ECA on that basis and successfully have landed as a PR.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
pziegler1986 said:

Chartered Accountancy (ACCA, ICAA, CPA Canada or where ever) IS a diploma. I got my ECA on that basis and successfully have landed as a PR.
As diploma? its mean not equal to three years bachelor degree of Canada? Plz provide details....

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pziegler1986 said:

My sincere apologies. In that case I will select the '2 or more degrees, diplomas' ...' Option. Do I need WES ECA for my Australian CA or is it enough just to include the Canadian CA and claim the points?

If that's enough I will include my Canadian CA and Australian CA membership in personal history.

My sincere apologies again.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
pziegler1986 said:

These are professional degree and not listed as regular degrees. such as Doctors, Nurses, Accountants etc

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"

This is the exact wording from CIC of the Educational component from EE -> All public accountants complete a BComm - at minimum this is 3 years of education, most are four years. So there's the "One must be for a program of three or more years" checked off.

The next bit to fulfill the requirement is a certificate, diploma, or degree - this is where the CA comes in. In Australia, you get a diploma called the GradDipCA - it is a graduate diploma - here is the link to look it up http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/Candidates/The-Chartered-Accountants-Program/Graduate-Diploma-of-Chartered-Accounting.aspx

I can't vouch for the other institutes such as ACCA as to what sort of educational recognition they give upon completion of their program but in Australia, it is a recognised educational program which gives credits to various Masters degrees if you wish to go down that path.

@JoacRy - I believe that since you have the Canadian CPA, you will only need an ECA for your undergrad studies but if I were you, I would include your Australian CA documentation in the ECA as WES charges the same amount no matter how many qualifications they are attesting.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pziegler1986 said:
"Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"

This is the exact wording from CIC of the Educational component from EE -> All public accountants complete a BComm - at minimum this is 3 years of education, most are four years. So there's the "One must be for a program of three or more years" checked off.

The next bit to fulfill the requirement is a certificate, diploma, or degree - this is where the CA comes in. In Australia, you get a diploma called the GradDipCA - it is a graduate diploma - here is the link to look it up http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/Candidates/The-Chartered-Accountants-Program/Graduate-Diploma-of-Chartered-Accounting.aspx

I can't vouch for the other institutes such as ACCA as to what sort of educational recognition they give upon completion of their program but in Australia, it is a recognised educational program which gives credits to various Masters degrees if you wish to go down that path.

@JoacRy - I believe that since you have the Canadian CPA, you will only need an ECA for your undergrad studies but if I were you, I would include your Australian CA documentation in the ECA as WES charges the same amount no matter how many qualifications they are attesting.
Many thanks pziegler1986, I will send my Australian CA off to WES and see what they come back with. Thank you very much for your help with this. Much appreciated.

If they come back with a positive result it means that I get '20' more CRS points so the least I can do is to try this option.

addy321

Aug 28, 2016
mr47ali said:
Hi, I am an ACCA member too and also hold Oxford brookes BSc degree. Can you please tell me how much points can I claim for Canadian immigration?

Aug 21, 2016
Dear fellow members,

Can someone guide me in this regard? I can’t seem to find the ACCA under professional license nor in the education evaluation. Which country do i need to choose and what education qualification do i need to select.

Any help would be highly appreciable.

Regards,
Miriam

Arslanellahi

Jun 21, 2016
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miriam Punnen Paarel said:
Dear fellow members,

Can someone guide me in this regard? I can’t seem to find the ACCA under professional license nor in the education evaluation. Which country do i need to choose and what education qualification do i need to select.

Any help would be highly appreciable.

Regards,
Miriam

Took the below info from one of the threads on ACCA and did the same for my evaluation too. Awaiting result....

Country of Education: United Kingdom
Name of Credential: ACCA Membership Certificate
Name of Institution: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants

Hope this helps!