+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES- ACCA and Oxford Brookes degree

EESK

Oct 24, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am in the middle of getting my paper work ready for the express entry system. I have already given my IELTS exam and I am about to send my education documents to WES for assessment. I have an ACCA qualification and I have also completed the BSc (Hons) degree program via ACCA, Oxford Brookes University is the awarding body for the BSc degree.

My question is how much points/ what type of credentials will I get for both ACCA and Oxford brookes degree? Will WES consider both qualifications as same or separate? My concern is that since the I got the BSc degree through an ACCA program will it be considered as part of ACCA qualification or a separate degree since the awarding institute is different.

I hope I made myself clear and I look forward to your advice.

Many thanks

EK

Billu0089

Oct 16, 2017
Hello,

I have the same question as above , i am planning to get my OBU degree for the sake of extra points, if WES treats it as dual degree then i will benefit from it. did you find an answer for your question?

Regards
Bilal

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hello,

I have the same question as above , i am planning to get my OBU degree for the sake of extra points, if WES treats it as dual degree then i will benefit from it. did you find an answer for your question?

Regards
Bilal
OBU and ACCA Membership both are equal to 4 years bachelors each. So yes you will get extra points for double bachelors. Go for it.

Best of Luck!

Billu0089

Oct 16, 2017
hello again,

Are you sure about this? because someone was telling me that it will only be considered as single degree. i am confused. Have you got it that way? or seen someone getting two degree points successfully?

Regards

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
hello again,

Are you sure about this? because someone was telling me that it will only be considered as single degree. i am confused. Have you got it that way? or seen someone getting two degree points successfully?

Regards
There are many applicants who had this ACCA and OBU degree on this forum and i have read many times on different threads that they got double bachelors equilency.
Best of luck u will get double bachelors degree equilency don't worry

Billu0089

Oct 16, 2017
OBU and ACCA Membership both are equal to 4 years bachelors each. So yes you will get extra points for double bachelors. Go for it.

Best of Luck!
hello again,

Regards

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
hello again,

Regards
I have got OBU evaluated from WES myself and they awarded me 4 years bachelors. Not just me, several other fellow ACCAs received it. There is an online tool on WES from which you can verify it too.

ACCA Membership and BSc OBU both are evaluated as 4 years bachelor each by WES. I have claimed points for it and submitted my application. As long as your ECA states that it's double bachelor, no power on world can stop you from claiming points for it.

Don't go with what others say. I once had a so called Immigration consultant (Based in Canada) tell me that ACCA and OBU won't get me any points. Had i believed him that time, i wouldn't have come this far.

Reactions: Rameezkhalid4

Billu0089

Oct 16, 2017
I have got OBU evaluated from WES myself and they awarded me 4 years bachelors. Not just me, several other fellow ACCAs received it. There is an online tool on WES from which you can verify it too.

ACCA Membership and BSc OBU both are evaluated as 4 years bachelor each by WES. I have claimed points for it and submitted my application. As long as your ECA states that it's double bachelor, no power on world can stop you from claiming points for it.

Don't go with what others say. I once had a so called Immigration consultant (Based in Canada) tell me that ACCA and OBU won't get me any points. Had i believed him that time, i wouldn't have come this far.
Thank you very Much for the help, yes these consultants confused me too, one says i will get points and the other said i won't. Because you have experienced it yourself i will follow your path. If consultant had told me about this dual degree thing , i would've easily got ITA by now. Lacking 6 points only from the last draw, i have 435 points with one bachelors.Such a shame the way these consultants play with our futures.

Thank you again and best of luck

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Thank you very Much for the help, yes these consultants confused me too, one says i will get points and the other said i won't. Because you have experienced it yourself i will follow your path. If consultant had told me about this dual degree thing , i would've easily got ITA by now. Lacking 6 points only from the last draw, i have 435 points with one bachelors.Such a shame the way these consultants play with our futures.

Thank you again and best of luck
These consultants know nothing bro. They just rip people off their money for doing data entry from the documents we provide them and that too with no guarantee on errors. Express Entry process is pretty much straight forward bro. I would say go for the ECA asap and start your journey.

Feel free to ping me if you got any query.

Best of Luck!

Billu0089

Oct 16, 2017
These consultants know nothing bro. They just rip people off their money for doing data entry from the documents we provide them and that too with no guarantee on errors. Express Entry process is pretty much straight forward bro. I would say go for the ECA asap and start your journey.

Feel free to ping me if you got any query.

Best of Luck!
may i have your contact details where i can contact you ? or please email me at billu0089@gmail.com

Rameezkhalid4

Jun 11, 2018
Hello brothers,
I have one question that how many points if i have below
B.COM TWO YEARS FROM PAKISTAN
BSC HONS FROM ACCA OXFORD BROOKES
ACCA ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS

IF I couldnt complete my ACCA, will the above diploma fetch me any points?
Please can you explain.

Reactions: Khalidvirk

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hello brothers,
I have one question that how many points if i have below
B.COM TWO YEARS FROM PAKISTAN
BSC HONS FROM ACCA OXFORD BROOKES
ACCA ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS

IF I couldnt complete my ACCA, will the above diploma fetch me any points?
Please can you explain.
To qualify points for two bachelors, one of your bachelor needs to be atleast three years or more while other diploma or certificate ECA can be as low as one year. OBU gets you ECA of 4 years bachelor. B.Com and ACCA Advance diploma should be enough to complete additional diploma requirement.

Try to search on what ECA does WES give to B.Com. Send all three qualification documents to WES for evaluation as fee is same regardless of number of degrees.

tahir.faryal

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Dubai
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

Can you please tell me how did you enter your credentials in the WES application?
The BSc OBU degree is awarded to me in 2014. What will be the start and end year for this ?

Similarly for ACCA I enter it as diploma and would enter start year as registration year and end date is awarded year 2013 for me