We're still working on your application

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
I believe that generic email is auto-sent exactly one month (or monthly) after you apply. IMO, it should not be used as an indication of processing.

Etjigger

Nov 22, 2020
Where did you apply from? and is your spouse with you in Canada on a visitor visa?
I applied from Nigeria and my spouse is in canada studying. got the mail on the 30th of november. got no ideal what it was and would like to know. these people are keeping me waiting too long out here with no response.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied from Nigeria and my spouse is in canada studying. got the mail on the 30th of november. got no ideal what it was and would like to know. these people are keeping me waiting too long out here with no response.
What do you mean "got the mail." You will not get a response as processing time is 34+ weeks and you only applied in October. You have a while to go.

Etjigger

Nov 22, 2020
What do you mean "got the mail." You will not get a response as processing time is 34+ weeks and you only applied in October. You have a while to go.
i guess the processing time has changed then... when i applied late september it was"int 34 weeks plus.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i guess the processing time has changed then... when i applied late september it was"int 34 weeks plus.
It changes all the time. So expect some response in April. And then you need written authorization to travel, if approved (if Covid continues). Hopefully your spouse's study permit and program goes into 2022 and doesn't expire soon.

• Wow
Reactions: Etjigger

Etjigger

Nov 22, 2020
It changes all the time. So expect some response in April. And then you need written authorization to travel, if approved (if Covid continues). Hopefully your spouse's study permit and program goes into 2022 and doesn't expire soon.
thnx

Etjigger

Nov 22, 2020
mine wouldnt take that long. i should get a positive response soon.