+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Welcome to our new poster - IO/MD

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
In addition to our more senior and trusted posters, I just read a few posts from someone calling themselves an Immigration Officer/MD ! If the title is infact true (valid), welcome to our board and we look forward to your contributions!!!!

P.S. I hope your PM's don't overflow ;).

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doubtful. I'm sure CIC would LOVE to have one of their own posting on here AND advertising it. No way! Now that's not to say that there aren't some really helpful people on here whom I suspect might be retired IO's/VO's and are doing their civic duty because they are nice people. Got my suspicions about a few and a big THANK YOU to them.

Edit to this post - I just read some of this guy's posts. Whoever he is, he really seems to know what he's talking about! That's a good thing. We need all the expertise we can get.

Wonder if I'm just getting jaded by this whole process??? LOL!

Hopeful Canadian

Star Member
Jul 11, 2008
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2010 RCVD: 13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
20-07-2011 L8.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0
Med's Request
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Hi All

I believe everyone on board would like to see / read this post bieng discussed. Can anyone please post the link for it.

That could be more informative.

Always Hopeful

Hopeful Canadian

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The IO might be for real but just be advised that you can't always trust free advice you get off the internet. If somebody tells you something that is important to your case, ask them how they know and ask them to state their sources. Try to look it up on the CIC website yourself. Do not blindly follow somebody's advice no matter what their nick is or how many stars they have by their name.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Are you trying to tell us not to follow your advise since you have too many stars lol!!! just kidding

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you should be critical of everybody's advice. Mine too. I am not always right you know :p

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Leon you had and still providing an excellent advice to every question that has been asked in this forum. Are your advices are highly appreciated. Thank you!!!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now that's some of the BEST advice I've heard in a long time Leon! Yeah, what he said.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there, how is everybody...
I haven't read that new post, but I agree 100% with Leon, we can't trust 100% anyone who give us an advice, the best way is to take the advice and make our own research. People who give advice over this forum, are after all STRANGER, who become friends over this forum, they might be excellent advices or very bad advices, not because they are bad people who like to make other suffer, they might not know the right answer. the Immigration is a very wide issue, and after all it our life we are talking about. When I used to ask for advice, I used to make research to make sure that this advice will push my case forward and not the other way round.
And now when I give someone advice, I either tell them that sentence: "Based on my experience" and "make research about what I told you" or I give them a link to check. it is a huge responsability to give advice to someone without knowing the right answer 100%. So let the search tool over this forum, the google, and huge mug of coffee be your best friend, this how I lived for 11 month, to be able to come to this great country.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Interesting.. but definitely everyone should do their own research but there are alot of people in this forum who are very well informed ;) I know when I first started out I had no clue about some things! Having an IO around wouldnt hurt ;)

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
annemyrtle said:
Um, how do you know exactly that they are IO? Does it say after their name?
We don't exactly KNOW anything..hince the topic of the post, however, the person signed their name IO/MD - which is immigration notation for Immigration Officer, and MD would be their initials. If you seen any CAIPS notes, this is the notation that is used when an I/O actually reviews your file and signs off on it in the system.

I

ImmOfficer

Well, a thread dedicated to me!!! I am so proud, all though there are doubters in the crowd. I don't blame you, this is indeed the internet.

I am a POE Immigration Secondary Officer. MD = Ministers Delegate (I review cases of inadmissibility and issue removal orders if appropriate).

I won't publicly identify myself, or where I am working from, but I have zero to gain by pretending I am an IO.

If I can't help you (questions about fees and sending things to different offices (that's clerk work)), then I will say so. If I can help (questions about inadmissibility, POE, temporary residency, enforcement, etc), then I will give an honest opinion.