+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

weird landing experience

mermer

Jun 6, 2014
Hello all,
I just landed Canada last month by land from USA. During the landing, i haven't been asked to fill out the "permenant resident card appliction" form. and no one asked me to provide any photos. They only checked the CORP and passport and told me my pr card will arrive in 8 weeks.
Today, i checked the online ECAS status, it only shows "You entered Canada at the Windsor Ambassador Bridge office on December 30, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident." nothing else,

I found on the internet, some people can see "We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 15, 2012.
We started processing your application on November 21, 2012. " in their system.
So, my question is, was anyone landed recently asked to fill out the "permenant resident card appliction" form at the port of entry??? and what was your ecas staus look like??
Thank you!

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nope no forms are required. you just have to provide an address in Canada and your PR cards will be delivered there within 2 months timeframe.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
mermer said:
Hello all,
I just landed Canada last month by land from USA. During the landing, i haven't been asked to fill out the "permenant resident card appliction" form. and no one asked me to provide any photos. They only checked the CORP and passport and told me my pr card will arrive in 8 weeks.
Today, i checked the online ECAS status, it only shows "You entered Canada at the Windsor Ambassador Bridge office on December 30, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident." nothing else,

I found on the internet, some people can see "We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 15, 2012.
We started processing your application on November 21, 2012. " in their system.
So, my question is, was anyone landed recently asked to fill out the "permenant resident card appliction" form at the port of entry??? and what was your ecas staus look like??
Thank you!
Not weird at all, just an anti climax compared to the years of anticipation of getting your PR. When I got here some years back, there was not even a Welcome to Canada!

Chemical3881

Dec 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-30-2014
Nomination.....
09-19-2014
IELTS Request
Along with Application!
Med's Request
11-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-20-2014; 3rd Line Update 12-17-2014
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
March 5th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully!
LANDED..........
God knows!
Seniors:

I need advice on address for PR cards. I need to move back to US after landing; could I get PR cards mailed to UPS private mailbox? I heard that UPS PMB can be used.

Please provide your insight on this.