Wedding photos?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Am i allowed to have her sponsor me even though i haven’t lived in canada with her? When i was looking online about who can be sponsored i saw this “If your spouse or common-law partner is applying in the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class, they must already co-habit (live) with you in Canada.” ?
If applying inland, yes, you must already be living together in Canada.

If applying outland, there is no such requirement.

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Would it be less of a red flag as long as we prove that it’s a financial reason? We simply don’t have the money to bring everyone in our family in a different country together at the moment, We have TONS of pictures of us being together in person for the first time in Feb 2019, Then trips of me visiting her in canada in June 2019, December 2019, And then soon again this April 2020, in april i will also be surprise visiting and proposing and plan on recording so should i would sending them a copy of the proposal help? And as well as pictures of us together when she visited me in the states in Oct 2019, If we needa dig farther back I can show proof of being her gifts from back in 2017 and a video she made me for me on youtube.
Looks sufficient to prove that your relationship and marriage is legit. My friends case was very similar and he sailed through very smoothly.

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Would it be less of a red flag as long as we prove that it’s a financial reason? We simply don’t have the money to bring everyone in our family in a different country together at the moment, We have TONS of pictures of us being together in person for the first time in Feb 2019, Then trips of me visiting her in canada in June 2019, December 2019, And then soon again this April 2020, in april i will also be surprise visiting and proposing and plan on recording so should i would sending them a copy of the proposal help? And as well as pictures of us together when she visited me in the states in Oct 2019, If we needa dig farther back I can show proof of being her gifts from back in 2017 and a video she made me for me on youtube.
This makes sense. This wasn't mentioned in the original post.

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
The OP was made before Covid times. But for the past year and a half it would be quite reasonable to do a small courtroom ceremony with very few/no guests, regardless of where it took place. We got married in March 2021 during the peak of wave 3 and it simply made no sense to have a large amount of guests, any kind of big ceremony or party at any point. We made that clear in a letter and on one of the forms as to why we had no photos of pre-ceremony parties, only the 2 of us in our wedding photos, no post-ceremony events, no honeymoon photos and neither of our parents in attendance.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I don't want to disappoint you, but it's not a good idea. They will ask a lot of questions until they believe that you are really in a relationship. I already hear about a lot of people who want to hold a wedding in the courtroom. I don't know why they are so drawn to such places. For example, I persuaded my sister to attend a wedding in an open space, somewhere in the bosom of nature. She was offended by my criticism of her idea, and I promised to find the best option and that she would like it. This option turned out to be the Great Smoky Mountains, and the organizer was https://www.elopetogatlinburg.com/cabin-weddings. Consider this option as well.
I don't want to disappoint you, but plenty of people get married at city hall without any big ceremonies or crowds. I did and had no problem getting spousal sponsorship approved with only two witnesses in my wedding party :)

Reactions: YVR123

kpaxian

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-07-2021
Med's Request
20-07-2021
Med's Done....
16-08-2021
I don't want to disappoint you, but it's not a good idea. They will ask a lot of questions until they believe that you are really in a relationship. I already hear about a lot of people who want to hold a wedding in the courtroom. I don't know why they are so drawn to such places. For example, I persuaded my sister to attend a wedding in an open space, somewhere in the bosom of nature. She was offended by my criticism of her idea, and I promised to find the best option and that she would like it. This option turned out to be the Great Smoky Mountains, and the organizer was https://www.elopetogatlinburg.com/cabin-weddings. Consider this option as well.
Some would prefer to save money by having a simple marriage ceremony; this can represent thousands of dollars that could instead go toward moving expenses, vehicles, education, or housing.

Frankly, I am repulsed by the idea that a simple courthouse wedding with a small reception dinner represents something less valid, real, or significant than spending tens of thousands of dollars on elaborate arrangements for a single day of celebration. And I think it is very unfair for IRCC to judge people's relationships on this criterion. Not everyone is rich, people work for their resources, and some couples would prefer to spend them on things that will enrich their life together for years into the future instead of on something that will be over in less than 24 hours.

I don't mean this as a criticism of you or your idea specifically, though. Just this idea in general.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don't want to disappoint anyone but this user has posted a grand total of four times, and every one of them with some external advertising link, mostly unconnected to the discussions before that. He's a spammer. Ignore whatever blah blah blah it's not relevant. Report his posts.

Reactions: kpaxian and YVR123