+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wedding photos?

Gauging

Jan 2, 2020
Hi guys we plan on applying for spousal sponsor, However we plan on just having a quick wedding in a courthouse with two witnesses, Will we need pictures of the wedding to send to the officer? I heard that they can ask for pictures of wedding but idk if our quick courthouse wedding would be a problem

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Hi guys we plan on applying for spousal sponsor, However we plan on just having a quick wedding in a courthouse with two witnesses, Will we need pictures of the wedding to send to the officer? I heard that they can ask for pictures of wedding but idk if our quick courthouse wedding would be a problem
This is tricky and I don't want to scare you. Quick weddings and super short and small ceremonies are always a red flag. There is a lot that goes in to spousal applications and way more than just pictures. You need to provide as much proof as needed to show genuineness of your relationship.

Gauging

Jan 2, 2020
This is tricky and I don't want to scare you. Quick weddings and super short and small ceremonies are always a red flag. There is a lot that goes in to spousal applications and way more than just pictures. You need to provide as much proof as needed to show genuineness of your relationship.
Would it be less of a red flag as long as we prove that it’s a financial reason? We simply don’t have the money to bring everyone in our family in a different country together at the moment, We have TONS of pictures of us being together in person for the first time in Feb 2019, Then trips of me visiting her in canada in June 2019, December 2019, And then soon again this April 2020, in april i will also be surprise visiting and proposing and plan on recording so should i would sending them a copy of the proposal help? And as well as pictures of us together when she visited me in the states in Oct 2019, If we needa dig farther back I can show proof of being her gifts from back in 2017 and a video she made me for me on youtube.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I sponsored my American husband after we had a quick city hall marriage. His mom and brother were our witnesses. We provided some photos from the wedding, the small dinner we had with his family afterwards, and lots of photos throughout the years of our relationship. We were never asked to explain why we had such a small wedding, nor were we ever asked to appear for a relationship interview. Don't give up hope. They do understand that not everyone has the money for or even wants a big wedding. As long as there are no other red flags in your relationship and you can prove that it's a genuine relationship that spans time, you should be fine.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Would it be less of a red flag as long as we prove that it’s a financial reason? We simply don’t have the money to bring everyone in our family in a different country together at the moment, We have TONS of pictures of us being together in person for the first time in Feb 2019, Then trips of me visiting her in canada in June 2019, December 2019, And then soon again this April 2020, in april i will also be surprise visiting and proposing and plan on recording so should i would sending them a copy of the proposal help? And as well as pictures of us together when she visited me in the states in Oct 2019, If we needa dig farther back I can show proof of being her gifts from back in 2017 and a video she made me for me on youtube.
Where are you from?

Gauging

Jan 2, 2020
I sponsored my American husband after we had a quick city hall marriage. His mom and brother were our witnesses. We provided some photos from the wedding, the small dinner we had with his family afterwards, and lots of photos throughout the years of our relationship. We were never asked to explain why we had such a small wedding, nor were we ever asked to appear for a relationship interview. Don't give up hope. They do understand that not everyone has the money for or even wants a big wedding. As long as there are no other red flags in your relationship and you can prove that it's a genuine relationship that spans time, you should be fine.
That makes me very happy to hear :) Did you hire a photographer? We still plan on making it pretty nice and dressing up / going out with her family and stuff as well.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Note that this is VERY country/culture specific. It is perfectly fine to have a court marriage in an Canadian-American relationship. However, in other countries/cultures, it is a huge red flag to not do the traditional customary wedding ceremonies.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Actually, it depends on cultural background. It's fine for north americans to have a court wedding.
We had a small wedding as well in the afternoon. And I've read others that have only a few guests at theirs.

Other culturals normally have large weddings that last for days. Then a court house or small wedding would be a red flag.

Gauging

Jan 2, 2020
Actually, it depends on cultural background. It's fine for north americans to have a court wedding.
We had a small wedding as well in the afternoon. And I've read others that have only a few guests at theirs.

Other culturals normally have large weddings that last for days. Then a court house or small wedding would be a red flag.
Ahh i get it thank you guys, funny thing is my family have ALL had little back yard weddings

Thank you guys for the help :) Does anyone know how much proof is enough to prove our relationship is real? We have tons of pictures from our first time meeting in person in hawaii Feb 2019, Then tons of pictures the first time i visited canada in June 2019, Tons of pictures of her visiting me in arizona in Oct 2019, And me coming and spending christmas with her back in December 2019, We can also prove that we’ve been sending each other things like gifts / her helping me with money on paypal back in 2017 when i was struggling. We also have a video she made for me on youtube that was back in 2018 just talking / showing gifts that I got her. The video it’s self dates back a year before we met IRL

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ahh i get it thank you guys, funny thing is my family have ALL had little back yard weddings

Thank you guys for the help :) Does anyone know how much proof is enough to prove our relationship is real? We have tons of pictures from our first time meeting in person in hawaii Feb 2019, Then tons of pictures the first time i visited canada in June 2019, Tons of pictures of her visiting me in arizona in Oct 2019, And me coming and spending christmas with her back in December 2019, We can also prove that we’ve been sending each other things like gifts / her helping me with money on paypal back in 2017 when i was struggling. We also have a video she made for me on youtube that was back in 2018 just talking / showing gifts that I got her. The video it’s self dates back a year before we met IRL
You need to look at the checklist to see the required proofs.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019

Read checklist. You can add max 20 photos.
P.S. we had small wedding too but coz it's was in resort Caribbean but our families from different euro countries so we all explained in letter: age of parents: hard and long way to caribbean, price for all people of that want be on wedding (in our countries better if we pay for all family)..etc. but we had photo from wedding coz it was too beauty

Gauging

Jan 2, 2020
Am i allowed to have her sponsor me even though i haven’t lived in canada with her? When i was looking online about who can be sponsored i saw this “If your spouse or common-law partner is applying in the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class, they must already co-habit (live) with you in Canada.” ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Am i allowed to have her sponsor me even though i haven’t lived in canada with her? When i was looking online about who can be sponsored i saw this “If your spouse or common-law partner is applying in the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class, they must already co-habit (live) with you in Canada.” ?
If you are living outside of Canada, she would sponsor you under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner out of Canada class. (Not sure I have the wording exactly right.) You do not need to live with her in Canada to apply under this class, this is what it is meant for, applying 'outland.'

In other words, you are the spouse referred to in the sentence above (it is addressed to the sponsor, not the principal applicant).