Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Ayyy
I am applying from Oman as well. When did you apply and to which Uni? I started my application on early june, got my AIP on september 9th.
York University. I got the AIP letter on the 12th of Sep. What degree are you going for? Which university and where are you ftom?

m7md

Sep 27, 2020
York University. I got the AIP letter on the 12th of Sep. What degree are you going for? Which university and where are you ftom?
Cool. I am transferring from the American University of Sharjah (AUS) to Acadia University (Joint program with Dalhousie Uni). I started my 2nd year in mechanical engineering this fall at (AUS).

Problem is that, I can only transfer the first year courses and 2 courses from the 2nd year, meaning that I have 3 or 4 courses this semester that will not be transferred. I am afraid that if they do not open travel restrictions by jan '21, I will have to either take a gap semester or just give up on Canada.

I am Egyptian, I am guessing you are Algerian from your flag.

m7md

Sep 27, 2020
I applied on the 2nd of Sep for '21 intake and the very next day got a message on my GC account that my application status has changes... But I couldn't see any change when I checked. The following I realised that the "review of eligibility" has changed from "your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements". Seems pretty quick to me after reading lots of comments here.
Wow, that was quick. I wonder why it took from June till September to issue my AIP even though we applied from the same country. Maybe because at that time VFS was closed. I did my biometrics in September 1st.
I applied through Glinks office in Muscat so I have no access to my GC account. I should ask them to give me access so that I look for any updates.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Wow, that was quick. I wonder why it took from June till September to issue my AIP even though we applied from the same country. Maybe because at that time VFS was closed. I did my biometrics in September 1st.
I applied through Glinks office in Muscat so I have no access to my GC account. I should ask them to give me access so that I look for any updates.
Yep... I'm Algerian. Pleasure to meet you. I applied online so the speed has nothing to do with VFS offices resuming services. Can you clarify what Glinks is? I'm assuming your application was paper based, if so then you should be able to link it to a GC account and then track it online.

m7md

Sep 27, 2020
I think the study consultants I applied with (Glinks) applied for me in online. VFS is just the place you go to in panorama mall to give your biometrics.

Reactions: azzamkc

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
I think the study consultants I applied with (Glinks) applied for me in online. VFS is just the place you go to in panorama mall to give your biometrics.
Good luck brother. Keep me posted. Hope to hear some good news about your visa.

Reactions: m7md

Pramodkumar

Aug 14, 2020
Hi can i know your SP status, when the eligibility status changed into approved status. i applied on 9th Oct and yesterday the status changed into
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
so when i can expect the result?
oh great but it took more than one month? thanks for the reply best wishes.

Junero

Nov 12, 2020
I applied on 2nd of November 2020,FSW.
Medical passed 10th Dec.
Biometrics done n updated on 22nd Dec .
Eligibility says we are reviewing whether you meet the criteria.
BG says we are processing your background check and we will send you message if we need something else.
Pls can someone tell me what stage my application is.

Reactions: John david

Aishanoah14

Feb 10, 2021
hello
i also just found out that my status of eligibility changed to "
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
it means that they have started my eligibilty check ?

Rakibur

Dec 28, 2020
I applied on 29th Jan 2021,online from UAE for may 2021 intake, Biomatric updated 3rd Feb and eligibility review message changes to this by 10 Feb I think. So can I expect the result? Any thoughts

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied on 29th Jan 2021,online from UAE for may 2021 intake, Biomatric updated 3rd Feb and eligibility review message changes to this by 10 Feb I think. So can I expect the result? Any thoughts
Just normal part of the process with processing averaging 14 weeks.

Sukhpreet5

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
I applied on 2nd of November 2020,FSW.
Medical passed 10th Dec.
Biometrics done n updated on 22nd Dec .
Eligibility says we are reviewing whether you meet the criteria.
BG says we are processing your background check and we will send you message if we need something else.
Pls can someone tell me what stage my application is.
Did u get visa