+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We are processing your background check..

Strygald

Mar 15, 2019
So I just received GCMS notes and can see the following:

Updated Date: 2019/02/12

Assessment
Eligibility: Review Required
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed - Bio
Org Crime:
Medical:
Misrep:
Other Rep:
Info Sharing: Complete
Final:
Counterfoil: No

Does anyone know: are the blanks 'not applicable', redacted or still need to be done? it looks like background check is done? criminality passed and info sharing complete.. yet my status has been 'we are processing your background check' for months now.

Is the updated date the last time anyone bothered to look at my case files?

Any insight would be welcome!

152 days and counting...

Last edited:

antiname

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
So I just received GCMS notes and can see the following:

Updated Date: 2019/02/12

Assessment
Eligibility: Review Required
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed - Bio
Org Crime:
Medical:
Misrep:
Other Rep:
Info Sharing: Complete
Final:
Counterfoil: No

Does anyone know: are the blanks 'not applicable', redacted or still need to be done? it looks like background check is done? criminality passed and info sharing complete.. yet my status has been 'we are processing your background check' for months now.

Is the updated date the last time anyone bothered to look at my case files?

Any insight would be welcome!

152 days and counting...
you would not know if security is not started, in progress or passed. its always blank for security. Order CBSA notes if you wants to know more about security status. Also your eligibility is not Passed yet. So review required means it needs to be reviewed. What is your Application Assignment due date? it should be on page 2 of GCMS notes. What does it say?

Strygald

Mar 15, 2019
you would not know if security is not started, in progress or passed. its always blank for security. Order CBSA notes if you wants to know more about security status. Also your eligibility is not Passed yet. So review required means it needs to be reviewed. What is your Application Assignment due date? it should be on page 2 of GCMS notes. What does it say?
Thanks for the information, the application due date on page 2 is 2019/01/09 ... I assume this is 1st of september and not 9th of january since the GCMS notes are from march? Does this mean I shouldn't expect a decision until september? haha that's nearly a year since I submitted my application, well in fact I am now forced to wait until september intake at the earliest.. maybe I wont even get a decision in time for september intake.

To be honest i've mostly given up and started making plans to do something else instead, I just need the rejection letter because the college wont return my money under any other circumstances.

EVN

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks for the information, the application due date on page 2 is 2019/01/09 ... I assume this is 1st of september and not 9th of january since the GCMS notes are from march? Does this mean I shouldn't expect a decision until september? haha that's nearly a year since I submitted my application, well in fact I am now forced to wait until september intake at the earliest.. maybe I wont even get a decision in time for september intake.

To be honest i've mostly given up and started making plans to do something else instead, I just need the rejection letter because the college wont return my money under any other circumstances.
That day is January 9, 2019 and does not really mean anything.