+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ways to increase chance of being chosen from the pool?

happyuser2017

Jun 25, 2017
Hi everyone

I have recently created an express entry profile. My CRS score is 413, which is way below the minimum required to be picked out of the pool (around 440 I guess).

Is there any way to boost the points and reach the minimum, besides getting a job offer?

As far as provincial nomination is concerned, I chose almost all provinces from the list, including Ontario and Saskatchewan, but not Quebec (since I don't speak French).

I have a bachelor degree in IT engineering and a little above 2 years of work experience.

Thanks a lot in advance.

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hi everyone

I have recently created an express entry profile. My CRS score is 413, which is way below the minimum required to be picked out of the pool (around 440 I guess).

Is there any way to boost the points and reach the minimum, besides getting a job offer?

As far as provincial nomination is concerned, I chose almost all provinces from the list, including Ontario and Saskatchewan, but not Quebec (since I don't speak French).

I have a bachelor degree in IT engineering and a little above 2 years of work experience.

Thanks a lot in advance.
higher IELTS score. Make your listening at least 8 out of 9.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi everyone

Thanks a lot in advance.
What are your language scores?
Assuming you don't already have it, get CLB9 or more in your first official language, and you'll receive bunch of more points for "language proficiency".

happyuser2017

Jun 25, 2017
Thanks for replies.

I already have CLB 9, and getting CLB 10 would still not get me enough points.

My proficiency in French in an absolute zero, so wouldn't have a chance there either.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for replies.

My proficiency in French in an absolute zero, so wouldn't have a chance there either.
Do you have 3 years of experience? That's the max points you can have for work XP...

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Thanks for replies.

I’m guessing your degree wasn’t obtained in Canada right? Because that would have given u additional 30 points. I think one of your options would be a job offer (50 points for that I think). Or if that wouldn’t be an viable option, then you should actively look into the requirements for a nomination in various provinces and apply for that

Last edited: