+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Moneris

Oct 9, 2013
For those of you who may be interested in how fast the Moscow VAC is operating, they've received our application on September 30th and we received tracking information today, 19 days later, with the note that they've sent the papers to the Embassy. I'm expecting it'll take at least a week or two to get it back in Novosibirsk.
We sent directly to Warsaw with DHL on Sept 25th and in one week exactly it was ready for pick up. But we had problems with our return waybill, our DHL did not set it up properly so since Oct 5th we've been trying to get out passports and finally today we received them back. If you manage to arrange a proper return waybill definitely faster sending it direct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bynming

kasia_k

Mar 10, 2020
Poland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hello Everyone!

After 10 months and 18 days (318 days) I finally got the status "Decision made" and a Pre-arrival letter! Let's hope that the PPR will come soon ☺

PS. I am currently visiting my husband in Canada, so I guess I have to go back to Poland to submit my passport ... I hope flights will be available during this crazy COVID period.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Everyone!

After 10 months and 18 days (318 days) I finally got the status "Decision made" and a Pre-arrival letter! Let's hope that the PPR will come soon ☺

PS. I am currently visiting my husband in Canada, so I guess I have to go back to Poland to submit my passport ... I hope flights will be available during this crazy COVID period.
Replied in other thread but you shouldn't need to go back to Poland. I mentioned we mail but Warsaw also does reply to emails. Eventually.

Reactions: kasia_k

kasia_k

Mar 10, 2020
Poland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Replied in other thread but you shouldn't need to go back to Poland. I mentioned we mail but Warsaw also does reply to emails. Eventually.
Thank you! I just sent an email to VO in Warsaw. I don't mind to go back to Poland but it will be more convenient to deal with it here in Canada. I hope it would not delay the entire process.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you! I just sent an email to VO in Warsaw. I don't mind to go back to Poland but it will be more convenient to deal with it here in Canada. I hope it would not delay the entire process.
There are a couple posters in the warsaw thread I think that did this, m.ford was one, a few others at least including other threads. So look into it, it shouldn't be necessary to return.

And the government doesn't want people to travel unnecessarily, so play the covid card!

kasia_k

Mar 10, 2020
Poland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
There are a couple posters in the warsaw thread I think that did this, m.ford was one, a few others at least including other threads. So look into it, it shouldn't be necessary to return.

And the government doesn't want people to travel unnecessarily, so play the covid card!
I will definitely use COVID as an excuse!

I already sent DM to m.ford :)

Thank you for advice!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
For those of you who may be interested in how fast the Moscow VAC is operating, they've received our application on September 30th and we received tracking information today, 19 days later, with the note that they've sent the papers to the Embassy. I'm expecting it'll take at least a week or two to get it back in Novosibirsk.
The VFS continues to surprise me - to the downside.

We resubmitted the additional info (photos, consent forms, more money, etc) just under two weeks ago. They once again wrote not to the email we indicated as the one they should use but the other one - this time we did get it, presumably they didn't make a typo this time as the previous time we didn't get the email from them ever).

Just today heard from them with things 'missing' - one of the consent forms (I actually sent to them electronically and confirmed was in that outgoing email - so they seem incapable of linking my emails to the account in question).

Second: they asked for name in English, height and eye colour for each applicant. This is a bit surprising because this is the entire content of the so-called Appendix B which they told us was not needed. So yes, you don't need to submit the non-existent Appendix B, but you do need to submit the exact contents of Appendix B (they didn't ask for this appendix or the contents).

We did have the photos re-done and I admit that was my mistake. The photos for COPR are a different size and I believe I mistakenly used the photo size from the visa application (not certain but they were the wrong size).

But on the positive side, they seem to have opened our actual PPR submission and checked it for content so there is some movement. And this time they did actually write to one of our real emails and we got it.

(I'm really reaching for the positive side)

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
The VFS continues to surprise me - to the downside.

We resubmitted the additional info (photos, consent forms, more money, etc) just under two weeks ago. They once again wrote not to the email we indicated as the one they should use but the other one - this time we did get it, presumably they didn't make a typo this time as the previous time we didn't get the email from them ever).

Just today heard from them with things 'missing' - one of the consent forms (I actually sent to them electronically and confirmed was in that outgoing email - so they seem incapable of linking my emails to the account in question).

Second: they asked for name in English, height and eye colour for each applicant. This is a bit surprising because this is the entire content of the so-called Appendix B which they told us was not needed. So yes, you don't need to submit the non-existent Appendix B, but you do need to submit the exact contents of Appendix B (they didn't ask for this appendix or the contents).

We did have the photos re-done and I admit that was my mistake. The photos for COPR are a different size and I believe I mistakenly used the photo size from the visa application (not certain but they were the wrong size).

But on the positive side, they seem to have opened our actual PPR submission and checked it for content so there is some movement. And this time they did actually write to one of our real emails and we got it.

(I'm really reaching for the positive side)
Forward motion! Let's goooo!

Hopefully it goes fast from here. In my case, neither tracking tool has progressed at all. Hoping something will change soon, I'm still hoping for a 2020 landing. Best of luck!

EDIT: actually just got notice that our package was delivered at the IRCC offices, one week after they sent it. Things are happening.

Last edited:

JKay

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hello everyone,

We got Procedural fairness letter on Sept 4th, 2020. So, we sent them more proof to support our application. Everything have been silent since then until this morning with DM on ECAS but no changes to GKey yet, still on eligibility n background check. Any thoughts? How long do you think we'll get the letter? Loosing it here.

Application received Oct 28th, 2019. It's going to be a year mark in 2 days.

femirates

Feb 2, 2020
Hello everyone,

We got Procedural fairness letter on Sept 4th, 2020. So, we sent them more proof to support our application. Everything have been silent since then until this morning with DM on ECAS but no changes to GKey yet, still on eligibility n background check. Any thoughts? How long do you think we'll get the letter? Loosing it here.

Can you reach me via email @femirates2020@gmail.com and I will share you personal contacts. I am presently in Estonia as well.

femirates

Feb 2, 2020
Hello everyone,

What were the contents of the Procedural fairness letter and what did you submit. This can help in understanding what decison that could be. I am praying and hoping everything will be good with your application. Stay positive.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
So today Warsaw emailed back. Despite the fact we sent them hardcore proofs and explained the whole story of our relationship they said they wouldn’t reopen our file. As I said my expectations were very low but in exchange of our 4 pages letter we got 3 short sentences refusing our request. I mean I didn’t expect a long letter back but they didn’t even mention my name/said good morning or whatever it was. That’s the way Canada treats good innocent people.

• Sad
Reactions: bossmon and JRAY_

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
So today Warsaw emailed back. Despite the fact we sent them hardcore proofs and explained the whole story of our relationship they said they wouldn’t reopen our file. As I said my expectations were very low but in exchange of our 4 pages letter we got 3 short sentences refusing our request. I mean I didn’t expect a long letter back but they didn’t even mention my name/said good morning or whatever it was. That’s the way Canada treats good innocent people.
Is this separate from the appeals process? There's a judicial recourse that you can go through isn't there?

femirates

Feb 2, 2020
So sad. It's so bad when future of a family rests on the disgression of an immigration officer. I will advice you get married and apply as a spouse as soon as you can. Every week and month that goes by is time lost.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Is this separate from the appeals process? There's a judicial recourse that you can go through isn't there?
Yes it’s a separate procedure, probably an useless one because a visa office would never admit they did it wrong. We sent our notice of appeal but I’m not sure how we’re going to deal with that. Not the biggest task right now.
So sad. It's so bad when future of a family rests on the disgression of an immigration officer. I will advice you get married and apply as a spouse as soon as you can. Every week and month that goes by is time lost.
Firstly I don’t want to get married just to be able to get a visa. I want a beautiful wedding ceremony with family and friends. It’s difficult and expensive (and also not easy due to covid) to perform since all of them are all over the world. It doesn’t seem right to rush something as important as a wedding day. Maybe I’m too naive or it’s just like having different views on life since I’m still kinda young and people of my age are fine with being in CL relationships. Secondly I’m not sure how it would look if we get married asap and then apply. It would clearly scream it’s for the visa, technically yes but still how does it work in this case? Would not be funny to be rejected again. To sum up, we’re going to get married eventually but definitely not asap. There’re so many opportunities in the world for young well-educated people, it’s not smart to waste this precious time on waiting (and also pausing your life) for one country to finally welcome you.